Here are the details for the parade this Saturday!
- The parade takes place at the PSL Civic Center on Walton Road and US1.
- Please remember that uniform will be band polo and jeans with holiday hats! (Santa hats, reindeer hats, etc).
- All flutes, clarinets, and trumpets will need to be taken home on Friday and brought to the civic center with you. All other larger instruments will be loaded into the trailer and transported to the civic center.
Color guard should transport their own equipment!
-Call time will be 4:45pm in front of the Bealls Outlet Parking lot, same area as the prior twoyears for the returning members.
-Students will gather and the transport to warm up in the adjacent grassy field at approximately 5:15pm. The warm up should go as follows:
- Sectional tuning and long tones
- Full band long tones - Bb and F
- 'Twas the parade before Christmas run through
- After warm up, we will line up in parade formation (same as homecoming parade) at approximately 5:45pm and stand by for the step off of the parade.
-PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR INSTRUMENT AND MUSIC!
- The parade steps off at 6:00pm and lasts about 30 minutes. Once the parade is over, students will gather back in our designated area, and will be dismissed. Please take your instrument back home with you and bring them to school on Monday.
* Eat before the parade. The band will not be providing dinner.
Email me if you have any questions!
Good afternoon band family! I hope you all have had great Thanksgiving break and found some time to enjoy yourselves with the ones you love most!
I am very excited to get back to school on Monday and begin pushing towards our Winter Concert on December 13th! Concert will begin at 7:00pm, doors open at 6:30pm. Tickets will be just $5 per person at the door! Cash and card will be accepted!
Here is what to look out for this week!
- Symphonic Band will rehearse after school on Tuesday and Wednesday from 2-4pm! There will be no rehearsal Thursday because I will be out of town on Thursday and Friday for the Tri-State Band Festival.
- Winterguard clinics will be on Monday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00. All those who are interested should plan to attend.
- Percussion rehearsal for Tuesday is cancelled.
- Pit orchestra will have rehearsal on Tuesday from 6-8pm!
- There will be a gift wrapping masterclass on Wednesday the 28th from 6-7pm in the band room! Come on out if you would like to learn how to wrap presents like a pro!
- The Festival of Lights Holiday Parade will be THIS Saturday at 6:00pm! I will be back in town for the parade. A separate post with all details about this event can be found at this link: http://www.pslhsband.com/announcements/festival-of-lights-parade-information8787218
- Please let me know if you have any questions!
Good afternoon band family! I hope you are all having a great start to your thanksgiving break! Remember to enjoy time with the ones you love and relax! You've all earned it after a superior marching season!
Below you will find the link to sign up for Gift Wrap Booth Shifts. On the document, you will be able to navigate the days and shifts throughout the month of December. Its easy, just click the day you're able to work, find a shift that works for you (times listed) and type your name next to a number slot! There are 2 adults and 4 students per shift! Please keep in mind, every shift that has students signed up MUST have approved St. Lucie County Volunteers signed up as well. The process to become an approved volunteer is posted on our band page, website, and parent Facebook page.
I am able to monitor all activity on this document at all times. Please only sign up for shifts if you KNOW you can work them. Do not sign up, and then erase last minute, because I will be notified. Do NOT erase other people's names to write your own. This will result in disciplinary action. Remember that all students must work at least two shifts, and a maximum of 5 shifts. If you would like to sign up for more than 2, you must wait until everyone in the band has signed up for their 2. Students may give their shifts to another willing student through a "shift transfer form". These are found in the band room.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Good afternoon band! I hope you all enjoyed a happy Veterans Day celebrating those who have served our country! Thanks to all veterans! Here is the news for this week!
- Symphonic band rehearsal will be after school on Tuesday from 2-4pm. All Symphonic band members required!
- Pit orchestra will have first rehearsal Tuesday from 6-8pm!
- Percussion rehearsal on Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm.
- All band fees and fundraiser money need to continue to be turned in!
- The gift wrap booth is just around the corner! Information will be handed out in class this week! The sign up document will be posted by the end of the week!
- The Festival of Lights parade will be on December 1st! More details will be out soon! This parade is around 6pm.
- We will have a gift wrapping lesson/tablet masterclass on Wednesday the 28th at 6:00pm! Come on out and learn how to wrap like a professional. Also, this will be important because we will teach everyone how to properly use the tablet to complete transactions in the booth.
- Stay tuned to the Calendar and website as we approach the holiday concert and end of the semester!
Here is the instrumentation for the pit orchestra
Violin 1: Mr. Davis
Violin 2: Anna Lovejoy
Cello: Justin Lovejoy
Bass: Madison Bent, Mr. Cromer
Reed 1 - Flute/Piccolo: Emily Schwartz
Reed 2 - Oboe/English Horn: Emma Niemczyk
Reed 3 - Clarinet: Riley Robson - Flute: Melanie Gonzalez - Bass Clarinet: Jocelyn Ravenscroft
Trumpet 1: Matthew Marquez, Matthew Reid
Trumpet 2: Saryna Boone, Lynn Fox
Horn 1: Zoe Horne
Trombone: Tyler White, Kevin Li
Keyboard 1: Michael Davis
Percussuon: Andrew Risi, Kyle Matthews, Nick D’amato
Drumset: Dmo Smith
Congratulations to all on a successful audition! We are excited to start concert band rehearsals with you! Here is the seating order below! Please keep in mind, you may complete challenges through filling out a challenge form. Challenge information can be found on the form. (some players have not auditioned - this list is subject to change)
* = principal player