Good morning everyone and happy Sunday! I hope you are having a nice weekend and have done something fun with the people you love lately! Congratulations again to our Music in Our Schools honor band participants on an AWESOME concert on friday. I am very proud of the band for sounding so good in only 2 days! Now here’s a look at what to expect this week!
- No color guard practice after school this week!
- We will be having a band trip informational meeting on Tuesday evening at 6pm in the band room! If you’re going on the trip, or have a student going, please plan on attending. It’ll be less than an hour :)
- There will be percussion rehearsal this Wednesday from 2-3pm (normally 3:30, but will be ending at 3 this week)
- Wind ensemble will rehearse this Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm! Mr. Lunceford will be returning and is excited to work with you all again for state MPA!
- Band trip payment #3 is due This Friday! The payment is 125 for students, and $225 for students with chaperones! This will be the final payment. If you have an annual pass (must be for both parks and can not have a black out date of May 6th or 7th), your payment will be reduced by $50 for each pass holder. I understand this doesn’t mathematically equal the cost of the traditional park ticket, but I am also factoring in the total cost of the trip including bus cost and hotel cost.
- This week we will be discussing leadership applications in class and begin the process of preparing for next year :) If you are interested AT ALL in joining next years leadership team, consider applying, even if you don’t think you’d get it. It’s always better to try.
Thanks and have a good day!
Good morning! I hope you have all had a wonderful spring break, and are feeling refreshed! We will be having a lot going on very quickly as we return, so please read this news carefully! This week we have state solo and ensemble (refer to the last post I put out), and MIOS honor band (read below)
- The band calendar has been updated through Band Camp in July. It is mostly complete, with the exception of color guard practices, drumline tryouts, and guard tryouts, those will be added this week. pslhsband.com/calendar
- All students who put their name down for MIOS (music in our schools) honor band were accepted. There are 2 rehearsals (Thursday from 4-7pm, and Friday from 9am-3pm). The concert is Friday night beginning at 8pm, call time 7:15pm. ALL MIOS events are at fort pierce central. For the Friday rehearsal, we will be car pooling just like for four county, and having lunch together either on campus or off. Either way, students should bring their own lunch, or money to purchase lunch. The list of students and chair placements will be place in the band room tomorrow morning. Side note, mios information was published late, so I understand if students can not participate who initially thought they could. If this is you, please let me know and we will work it out :)
- Next Friday, April 1st will be the final band trip payment. We will be having a specific band trip meeting on March 29th at 6pm. This will be required for all students and their parents who plan to attend. We will be covering important information regarding the trip, so please plan to be there!
Can’t wait to get back into it with you all as we plan for State MPA, Spectrum concert, and more in our exciting 4th quarter! Let me know if you have any questions!
Good afternoon band family! This post is for students of the jazz band, winterguard, or who are taking a solo to stare S&E.
Next Tuesday, 3/22/22, is the day of the event at Vero beach high school. If you are participating in the event, you will be excused from your classes that day. It is a long day of events, so read carefully to see how your day can be altered slightly.
We will be taking a bus, all jazz band and winter guard members should plan to ride the bus up and back with us. If you are in Jazz/winter guard AND ALSO taking a solo for evaluation, you may provide your own transportation to and from the event. The reason for this is because of how early the jazz band and winterguard will be finished compared to the solos. If you’re providing your own transportation, I will need a note from a parent approving this. If you aren’t a wind player or percussionist who has a solo, you should plan to ride the bus to and from Vero beach high school. Donuts will be provided at pslhs school before we leave, and you will need to bring about $10 with you for lunch.
Below you will find the schedules for the day, as well as our itinerary.
Solo and Ensemble - winds and percussion:
Solo and ensemble - Color Guard
Our full itinerary -
6:00AM - call time in band room for the bus. Please show up in uniform to perform if you’re in jazz band
6:15am - depart pslhs
7:15am - arrive at pslhs and Jazz band go to warm up. All other students to auditorium to view performance.
8:00am- jazz band performance
8:15am - conclusion of jazz performance. At this point, students will have a few options on what they can do until color guard performs. Watch jazz bands in the auditorium, watch guards in the gym, or go to the warm up area in cafeteria.
9:30am-10:00am - pslhs color guard performances in gym.
10:30am - we will be leaving the vbhs on the bus and going to lunch at this point. Students that are playing a solo later in the afternoon will now be responsible for their own transportation after lunch. Once we arrive back at pslhs around noon, students will be excused to go home with a parent picking them up, or going back to 7th period.
1:00pm - I will be returning to Vero Beach High School to hear the students who perform solos.
Please let me know if you have any questions. It’s an interesting day with so many things going on. It may be confusing, so I will help with what I can.
Goooooooood morning everyone! Congratulations again to all involved on an amazing concert mpa. Not only did you play well, but you represented PSLHS with class and dignity by staying respectful, well behaved, and focused the entire day! I am very proud of you all. PSLHS is the place to be! Here is the news for this week; almost spring break!
- No after school rehearsals this week for band
- Color guard will practice on Tuesday and Thursday 2:30-4:30pm.
- We will be participating in the powderpuff football game this Thursday at 5:00pm! Call time will be 4:15pm in the band room in school colors (red and black!!) it’ll be lots of fun so come on out for the good times.
- Friday, certain members of the wind ensemble will play for the JROTC Flag retirement ceremony. These students will be notified tomorrow. This will take place during 2nd period on Friday.
- State solo and ensemble is Tuesday March 22nd after we return from break. Jazz band, color guard, and members playing solos, please remember to practice over break!! State s&e is at Vero beach high school. When the schedule is available, I will let you know.
- If you haven’t paid your 2nd band trip payment, please do so ASAP!
Thanks and see you all tomorrow!