Good afternoon! Below you will find the results for the 2018/2019 Percussion section. The results will be split into two groups; the Battery (drumline) and the Front Ensmeble (pit).
Thanks to everyone for a fantastic Percussion camp, and we are really looking forward to an extremely strong section this year. The band is very fortunate to have so many great percussionists.
It is important to remember, that even though most of you want to be on the drum line, there are only so many spots, and not everyone can make the line. Please keep in mind, that the front ensemble will be incredibly crucial for this years marching show, and will consist of several mallet parts, a synthesizer part, some 4 mallet parts, as well as a few other Percussion parts. The front ensemble is a wonderful opportunity for you to refine and work on your fundamental Percussion abilities, as well as add a crucial feature to the show.
Heres a few notes to remember:
-There will be a pit only mini camp on Monday June 4th and Tuesday June 5th. Here we will begin to assign parts for the show and work on fundamental Percussion skills.
-The full percussion section will be attending the freshman mini camp on June 6th - June 8th.
- All Bass line members must have their specific parts learned for the FULL audition packet by freshman mini camp.
Center Snare: Kyle Matthews
Snare: Demontavious Smith, James Hooper
Tenors: Jacob Rodriguez, Andrew Risi
Bass 1: Raul Alvarez
Bass 2: Ariana Sanchez
Bass 3: Daniella Camac-Opizo
Bass 4: Jerome Williams
Bass 5: Nicholas D’Amato
Front Ensemble Roster:
Congrats to all who auditioned! Everyone did well, and we did our best to fill the orchestra with the best possible options! Rehearsals begin Monday!
Reed 1 - Flute and piccolo: Emily Schwartz/Yerim Ahn
Reed 1 - Bb Clarinet: Jocelyn Ravenscroft
Reed 1 - Alto saxophone: Meghan Luyao/Jared Saltzberg
Reed 2 - Flute: Angela Himes
Reed 2 - Bb Clarinet: Riley Robson
Reed 2 - Tenor Saxophone/Soprano Saxophone: Gabriel Bailey
Reed 2 - Bass Clarinet: Jocelyn Ravenscroft
Trumpet/Fluglehorn: Moojn Ahn, Lynn Fox, Saryna Boone
Trombone: Tyler White
Violin: Shannon Smith/Ms. Martinez
Cello: Justin Lovejoy
Bass: Mr. Cromer/Maddy Bent
Drumset: Demontavious Smith
Percussion: Kyle Matthews, Andrew Risi, Nicholas D’Amato
If you have any questions please ask!
Good evening band family! Here is the news for this week.
- There will be Symphonic Band rehearsal on Tuesday from 2-4pm. It is crucial that all are in attendance. Only those who have a pre approved absentee form will be excused.
- Percussion clinics begin tomorrow- Wednesday, from 6-8pm. Mr. Cromer will be leading the clinics. Please show up with your packet, any sticks you own and be prepared to learn! Auditions will be on Thursday from 7pm-8:30pm.
- Pit orchestra auditions will be THIS Wednesday from 6pm-8pm in the band room.
-The change of command ceremony for JROTC is this Thursday evening! Call time will be 4:45pm in the band room for ALL Symphonic band members. Concert attire is all black. The performance will be over by 6:45pm and you will be dismissed.
- Jazz band rehearsal is CANCELLED this Thursday.
-Winterguard will practice from 2:30pm-4:30pm.
-The leadership packet deadline will be extended to Monday, April 30th!
- Band trip payments are due in full by THIS FRIDAY! Make sure you have paid the full amount by then!
- The band trip is in less than two weeks and spectrum is in about 3 weeks! Let’s get excited and prepared for what’s to come!
If if you have any questions just ask!
Good evening band family, here is this weeks news.
- No symphonic or jazz rehearsal after school this week due to MIOS.
- There will be guard practice on Thursday from 2:30-4:30pm. Please note the calendar change for guard for the remainder of the year.
- MIOS honor band is this week. The first rehearsal is on Tuesday from 4:00pm-7:00pm at centennial high school. Please be on time! You will provide your own ride to this rehearsal. The next rehearsal is on Wednesday at the Fenn Center. We will be meeting in the band room at 9:00am to travel on a bus, we will be back at pslhs around 5:30pm. Please bring money for food on Wednesday. The concert is on Thursday and the call time is 5:30pm at he fenn center. The concert is free and all are welcome!
- If you haven’t turned in your band trip permission forms do so ASAP. The deadline will be this Wednesday.
-Please keep up with your band trip payments! The next payment will be this Friday.
-If you are playing in a spectrum group, remember to audition for me by the first of May if you’d like to be on the program!
- If you have any questions please ask!
Good evening band,
Before I post this news, I just wanted to say how incredible I know you all are, and how much I appreciate being your band director. But, like anything in life, all good things must come to an end. Beginning, effective immediately, I will be switching my profession to being a full time Trombone Professor at the University of Florida. There was an opening and it was something that I simply could not pass up. I hope that you all will understand. I will never forget my time with you at PSLHS, as it has truly shaped me into a better teacher and person.... I wish you all the best.
Oh, and by the way.....
April fools..... and GO NOLES!
Here is the ACTUAL news for this week;
- We will be beginning after school rehearsals again. Tuesday will be symphonic band 2:00-4:00pm (note the time change from when they were before MPA). Jazz will be on Thursday from 2:00-4:00.
- Winter Guard will have practice on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5;00pm.
- There will be a drum major help session tomorrow (Monday) from 2-3pm. Any and all are welcome to come and learn about conducting and what it takes to be a drum major, not just people interested in the position.
- There will be a band banquet parentcommittee meeting on Thursday April 5th from 6-7pm.
- If you haven’t turned in your band trip payment #2, please do so as soon as possible. Also, the band trip group sign up is posted in the band room. Please read the sign up sheet for info on group sizes.
-Please turn your band trip permission slips in before the due date listed on the packet!
-Audition music for next years ensemble placements will be passed out by the end of the week. An audition date will be posted within the next few weeks. Practice practice practice!
-Please let me know if you have any questions!
Sorry for the prank! Happy Easter, happy April Fools! And see you all tomorrow!