Three more weeks until Crown Jewel! I hope we're all excited to move forward, work hard, and make this the best band it can possibly be!
This Friday, 9/30/16, we are going to our first away game of the year! We will be going to Suncoast Community High School. The itinerary is posted in the announcements tab of pslhsband.com as well as on the Facebook group page - 'PSLHS Band, The Pride of PSL"
We will have rehearsal on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of this week. Wednesday is an early out, so we will have rehearsal from 12:30 - 3:30. If you having a ride after is an issue, please talk to Mr. Wiley. Or you could talk to another student or parent about the possibility of carpooling. Tuesday and Thursday will be normally scheduled from 2:30 - 5:00.
There is a Band Parent Committee meeting this Tuesday, the 27th from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM. If you're interested in helping out the PSLHS band in any way, please feel free to come! We hope to see you there!
Please remember to practice your passoffs, as it is vitally important for ALL band members to be confident and comfortable with their music before Crown Jewel.
Please come see Mr. Wiley if you still owe money on your band fee.
If you need to hem your marching pants, please let us know!
Let Mr. Wiley, or Ms. Matthews know if you're interested in chaperoning the away game this Friday!
Please come and see Mr. Wiley if you have any questions about anything!
Here is the itinerary for the game against Suncoast Community High School this Friday, September 30th! Please remember to bring money for food. We will be stopping for lunch/Dinner on the way to the game. Please be sure to eat lunch at school on Friday.
- 2:00 PM - Report time in the band room
-2:15 PM - Attendance/Uniform distribution.
-2:30 PM - Inspection (Must have water jug, music, instrument, and all parts of the uniform (Bibbers, Shoes, Shakos, and Jacket)
-2:45 PM - Begin loading equipment. (Loading Crew, Percussionists, and Parents)
-3:00 PM - Begin loading buses
Bus 1 - Flutes, Clarinets, Saxes, Color Guard
Bus 2 - Mellos, Trumpets, Low Brass, Percussion
-3:15 PM - Depart PSLHS
-4:30 PM - Lunch/Dinner at McDonald's
- 5:45 PM - Depart for Suncoast Community High School
-6:00 PM - Arrive at SCHS/Unload
-6:10 PM - Sectional warm up
-6:30 PM - Transition to stadium
-7:00 PM - Kickoff
-8:00 PM - Halftime (Approximate) - We will perform post game
-9:15 PM - Game ends (Approximate)
-9:45 PM - Post game show performance (Approximate)
-10:00 PM - Transition to buses
-10:30 PM - Depart SCHS
-11:30 PM - Arrive at PSLHS
-12:00 AM - Dismissal
- Less than a month until our first competition!
We will be having an extra rehearsal this Wednesday from 2:30 - 5:00. Tuesday and Thursday will still be regularly scheduled rehearsal. Please confirm this with the band calendar on pslhsband.com
-This Tuesday, September 20th, there will be a Solo and Ensemble music showing at Treasure Coast High School in their band room from 5:30 - 8:00 PM. If you are interested in performing either a solo or ensemble this February, this will be an awesome opportunity for you to check out a huge variety of literature that is all on the approved S&E list! Treasure Coast's address is: 1000 SW Darwin Blvd, Port St Lucie, FL 34953
-If you still have not turned in your 59 minute fundraiser money, you need to do this as soon as possible.
-If you still owe money for your band fee or marching shoes, please pay as soon as possible. Talk to Mr. Wiley if you are unsure of your balance.
-Please keep up with your passoffs! If you do not pass off by this Tuesday, it will go into the Gradebook as a 0. Information for the next pass off will be made available on Wednesday.
-We will soon be beginning a new fundraiser selling coupon books for the school. Stay tuned for more information.
-We are in need for parents to help hem pants for marching uniforms. If you are available to help, please contact Mr. Wiley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-The carpets in the band room will be replaced this Friday, 9/23, so we will need ALL leadership and any other students to help after rehearsal on Thursday to help move everything off of the main band room floor. Also, we will need students to help on the following Monday morning to move it all back in.
-There will be no school or game this Friday.
-We will be having a Band Parent Committee meeting on Tuesday, 9/27 from 6-7:30 PM. We hope to see any interested parents there!
-Our first away game will be on September 30th at Suncoast High School.
- As we move forward in the season, we really need to begin to think about continuity and consistency. That being said, we will be adding more rehearsals to the calendar to make up for lost time due to rain.
-We will have normal marching band rehearsals on Tuesday and Thursday of this week - if we lose either of those days to rain, we will have rehearsal on Wednesday or Friday, from 2:30 - 5:00.
- Next week, we will be adding a rehearsal on Wednesday from 2:30 - 5:00. Please confirm this with the calendar.
- We will not have a game this Friday night, however, if it rains for a normally scheduled rehearsal we WILL rehearse this Friday from 2:30 - 5:00.
- Pass off #2 should be completed by this Thursday. Please pass off with either your section leader, a drum major, or Mr. Wiley.
-All fundraiser money is passed due. Please talk to Mr. Wiley if you have an issue.
- The Wind Ensemble students will be performing for the TCpalm segment during 6th period on Tuesday. Please wear school colors!
- Please return all fundraiser money as soon as possible if you have not already.
- The fall sports program is almost complete, but there are still some key ads missing that could earn the band and YOU even more money. The ads are as follows: Morningside Bakery, Morningside Pools, Big Dog Comics/Thunderdome Gaming, Music Man, The Band Box, Century 21 Silva & Associates, and Drummers Only. Any students who take these ads out before Thursday will receive extra credit and candy after the football game on Friday.
-Marching Rehearsals will be Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30 - 5. Be prepared to see extra rehearsals added in the near future to make up for lost time due to rain. They will be posted to the calendar at least a week in advance.
- We have a Pep Rally this Friday. The Bands call time will be at 12:10 in the band room. Please wear red school t-shirt, and black shorts.
- There is a game this Friday night. Call time will be 5:15. Section Leaders and executive leadership will receive a detailed itinerary for the evening on Thursday. Dress for the game will be the Band Uniforms! Please wear a red school t-shirt and black shorts under the uniform. Black Marching shoes required.