Here are the details for the parade this Saturday!
- Please remember that uniform will be full marching uniforms, with holiday hats! (Santa hats, reindeer hats, etc.)
Everyone will need to bring their uniforms and garment bags home with them on Friday and brought back Monday.
-All instruments will need to be brought home on Friday as well, with the exception of tubas and percussion. Color guard should transport their own equipment!
-Call time will be 4:45pm in front of the Bealls Outlet Parking lot, same area as last year for the returning members.
-Students will gather and the transport to warm up in the adjacent grassy field at approximately 5:15pm. The warm up should go as follows:
- Sectional tuning and long tones
- Full band long tones - Bb and F
- 'Twas the parade before Christmas run through
- After warm up, we will line up in parade formation (same as homecoming parade) at approximately 5:45pm and stand by for the step off of the parade.
-PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR UNIFORM AND MUSIC!
- The parade steps off at 6:00pm and lasts about 30 minutes. Once the parade is over, students will gather back in our designated area, and will be dismissed. Please take your instrument and uniform back home with you and bring them to school on Monday.
* Eat before the parade. The band will not be providing dinner.
Email me if you have any questions!
Good evening band family! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday break :) I'm excited to get back into it for these last few weeks before the end of the nine weeks! Our winter concert on December 14th is quickly approaching!
Heres what to look out for:
- Jazz band rehearsal on Tuesday from 2-4pm
-Winter guard practice on Tuesday from 2:30-5:00pm
- Pit orchestra rehearsal on Tuesday from 6-8pm
- Symphonic band will rehearse WEDNESDAY from 2-4pm. The reason for this is I will not be here on Thursday and Friday due to the Tri -State festival.
- We will have a gift wrapping lesson/tablet masterclass on Wednesday at 6:00pm! Come on out and learn how to wrap like a professional (Mr. Wiley). Also, this will be important because we will teach everyone how to properly use the tablet to complete transactions in the booth. (Returning members know about this). After this meeting we will be going to the mall to set up the booth! Time tba. We will need a few parents and students to come and help out!
- The Festival of Lights Holiday Parade will be THIS Saturday at 6:00pm! A separate post will all details about this event will be published tomorrow
- Please let Me know if you have any questions!
Congratulations to the all the students who have been selected in the 2018 4 County Honor Band! This is a great honor and will be an excellent opportunity to learn from awesome teachers and fellow students. All students who have made it will be expected to attend all rehearsals and the performance in January. Rehearsal dates and times will be available on the band calendar within the next few days!
11th and 12th Grade Band
9th and 10th Grade Band
Below you will find the link to sign up for "Gift Wrap Booth" shifts! Please remember, only sign up if you KNOW for sure you can make it. If you sign up and can not make it, you must let me or a parent volunteer know that is working that shift. Every shift MUST have at least one approved (through St. Lucie County) parent volunteer signed up as well. If its the day of your shift and there are NO parents signed up, and we can't get it covered, that shift will be cancelled. I wi...ll be posting specific instructions on how to apply to be a parent volunteer in St. Lucie County. It's super easy!
Please remember, I can monitor all activity on this document, so I can see who signs up, and who erases content. Only sign up if you CAN and WILL make the shift.
Its super easy to sign up; just click the link, find the specific day and shift time you want to work, and type your name! Parent volunteers should write their contact number as well!
All students must work at least TWO 4 hour shifts. Some of the shifts are shorter than 4 hours.
Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions!
Good evening, below you will find the results for this Winter Musical's Pit Orchestra. Very careful consideration has been made to ensure that the show's musical intents are being met to the highest level of accuracy we can provide. Unfortunately, due to the very small instrumentation of this show, certain people were not selected to participate. Our job is to represent the music in the best way possible. For example, "The King and I" utilized the largest pit orchestra PSLHS has ever seen, meanwhile this show will have one of the smallest. Unfortunately we can not select the instrumentation for these shows, but none the less, Mr. Madden expects us to represent the music to the best of our abilities. Please remember, if you were not selected to play, that the Pit is only a small part of your musical opportunities at PSL. There are still several other ways to improve your musicianship, such as solo and ensemble and the Spectrum Concert. Thank you for your understanding.
The instrumentation will be as follows:
Riley Robson - Clarinet/Alto Saxophone
Emily Schwartz - Flute
Hailey O'Brien - Oboe/English Horn
Andrew Risi, James Hooper
Congratulations to everyone on a successful audition! The seating order has been thought over very carefully and decisions have been made that will best benefit the band. Remember, that students may challenge for higher chair placement. Challenge forms can be found in the band room.
* = First chair player
Makayla Jordan Smith
Kereangelee Santiago Fernandez
Congratulations on a successful marching season band! We did it! I'm so proud of your hard work this season, and I know we can transfer this success over to concert season!
Here is what to look out for this week:
-Jazz band will rehearse on Tuesday and Thursday after school from 2-4pm. Any students that have been asked to join the jazz band should plan on attending rehearsals.
- Winter guard clinics for any interested (non guard) members will be held on Tuesday and Thursday from 2-4pm.
- Seating order auditions will take place Tomorrow in Tuesday in class! You can find the specifics in our announcements section of the website.
- Pit orchestra auditions will take place Tuesday from 6pm-8pm. If you're planning on auditioning, please have a technical and lyrical selection prepared, as well as full rangeyour chromatic scale. There will also be sight reading.
- We will have a Gift Wrap Booth Parent and student meeting on Thursday from 6-7pm in the band room. All should plan to attend if they can! This will be a great opportunity to discuss our BIGGEST fundraiser of the year.
- There will be a possible post season football Game on Wednesday night. We will vote in class if we want to go.
- Please bring your concert instruments with you to school!
If you have any questions please ask!
5:15 - Call time in band room. Please wear show shirt, black shorts, black socks, and marching shoes.
5:30 - Change into uniform
5:40 - Inspection
5:55 - Full ensemble warm up (alumni welcome to join)
6:30 - Line up for march over(Alumni may march with the band)
6:50 - National anthem
7:00 - kick off
9:15 - Dismissal
- The band will be playing for the homecoming court during the half time ceremony.
- We will have a 3rd quarter break to socialize with the SLWCHS band
- We will march our show post game. Please stick around to hear our final performance before MPA!
If if you have any questions, email me at email@example.com!
The audition will consist of two parts; Major scales, and Prepared excerpts from the show.
*Oboe and bassoon will only play scales
Freshman should prepare Bb, Eb, and Ab.
Upperclassmen should prepare C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db, and Gb
- Scales should be in Allstate pass off rhythm, at a consistent tempo, tongued up and slurred down, with arpeggios.
-Students who play scales in multiple octaves with receive extra consideration for chair placement.
-Freshman who would like to be considered for 1st chair spots should prepare all of the upperclassmen scales as well.
Below you will find the required selections for each section
Flutes: Opener- 30-45, Production - 46-53
Bb Clarinets: Opener - 30-45, Production - 0-8
Alto saxophones: Opener - 30-45, Production - 0-8
Tenor saxophones: Opener - 30-45, Production - 0-8
Bari Sax: Production - 0-8, Production - 46-55
French Horn: Opener - 30-45, Production - 21-28
Trumpet: Opener - 46-61, Production - 14-28
Trombone: Opener - 46-61, Production - 21-28
Baritone: Opener - 46-61, Production - 21-28
Tuba: Opener - 30-45, Production - 0-8