Good afternoon, band family! Happy Sunday. I wanted to start this post by saying how much I appreciate all of you. Your hard work, dedication, and willingness to adapt is something that I do not take for granted. From the parents to the leadership and each and every band student. Thank you. I know it is frustrating to have to change plans and make things work. The effort will not go unnoticed in the end. This point of the season is always tough, but trust me when I say that you will be rewarded for your hard work. Let’s push through and make it an AMAZING second half of the season.
- Marching rehearsals will go from 2:30 -5:30!9’ Tuesday’s for the next few weeks.
- There will be a continuity rehearsal this Friday evening from 6:00pm-9:00pm. The alternate rain plan will be a 6:00pm-8:00pm full music rehearsal.
-Pass off 3 is due by Friday. Thanks to all who are keeping up with your pass offs!
- Looking ahead, October is a very busy month between competitions, football games, rehearsals, MPA, and Homecoming! Let’s make the absolute most of it and have a fantastic time doing it! Remember to appreciate each other and work together to earn the results you deserve :) let’s get it Band!!
Good afternoon and happy Monday! Here is the schedule for Friday’s football game.
We will be wearing full marching band uniforms for the first time in almost two years! We will be sizing in classes this week. Students should show up in their show shirts (sorry for the delay, it has taken a long time for the shirts to get here, students will get this week), black shorts, and marching shoes (also getting this week) with high black socks.
This Friday will also be Middle School Band Night! We will have future marching Jaguars joining us to play in the stands!
5:00pm - Chaperone and leadership call time
5:15pm - student call time
5:30pm - current band students to section areas for warm up/inspection. Middle school students to band room.
6:00pm - full band warm up with middle schoolers & high schoolers
6:30pm- March over
7:00pm - Game Begins
8:30pm - halftime (approx)
9:45pm - game ends/transition to band room for dismissal.
Good morning band family and happy Sunday. I hope you are having a nice weekend. Awesome job on Friday night! Even though the game was cancelled, you still brought the house down and “saved the night” according to some of our administrators. Can’t wait to get into the stands again this Friday! Many many thanks to all of our amazing band parents for all they are doing! We all appreciate you always going above and beyond!! Now, here is this weeks schedule
- Tuesday’s practice will be extended to go from 2:30pm- 6:30pm. This is due to a very large of lost outside rehearsal time. There will be pizza provided after rehearsal!
- There will be no rehearsal or school on Thursday due to a school holiday.
- Friday’s game will be a big night for us! We will be in FULL UNIFORM for the first time in almost two years. If there are any parents who would be able to help with uniform distribution this week, please reach out to me! This will also be the return of Middle School Band Night! We are estimating having around 25 Southport students joining us for the game! A detailed itinerary will be posted tomorrow.
- Section leaders, please send me a completed list of all who have passed off #1 and # 2. Thanks to those who have done this already.
- Shoes will be here this week. Please make sure you have paid the $30 shoe fee if you have given me your size for new marching shoes!
- There will be a parent meeting next Tuesday, 9/21, from 6:30-7:30pm. This will be regarding a few things, including an end of the year trip we are planning. Please plan on attending if you can! Students are welcome.
- Keep up the great work and keep the momentum moving forward. Hard work will always pay off in the long run. Our first competition is ONLY 4 short weeks away on October 9th. I highly encourage you to look at the band calendar to understand what we have for the next few weeks. Attendance is crucial!
Thanks and have a great week!
Here is the schedule for Friday's Home Football Game. Students will be receiving their Show Shirts this week. We will wear those, with black gym shorts (like the first game) and black tennis shoes. We are going to make next Friday, Sep. 17th our first game with full marching uniforms for the return of Middle School Band Night! Students please remember, your water, a flip folder, and all of the necessary pieces of your instrument/equipment. Students who are driving/being dropped off, must do so in the staff parking lot(behind the school).
Thank you all who have signed up to volunteer through Charms. To log into Charms, go to charmsoffice.com - The school code is pslhsband, the student ID is their 562 # the first time they log in. Once in, you will need to change your password to a permanent one, then that is what you will use to log in. Parents who would like to attend the game can purchase tickets through ticketspicket.com. Chaperones park in the staff lot behind the school. Parents attending the game must park in the student parking lot in the front of the school.
Here is the Schedule! LETS GO JAGS!
5:00pm - Leadership and Chaperone call time
5:15pm - Student call time
5:30pm - Inspection/section warm up
5:50pm - Full band warm up
6:25pm - Line up
6:30pm - March over
7:00pm - Kick off
8:15pm - Halftime (approx)
9:30pm - Game over (approx)
9:45pm - Transition back to band room/dismissal
Good afternoon, and happy Labor Day! I hope you all have enjoyed your 3 day weekend and are feeling refreshed. It’s another game week! I’m excited to work towards another awesome performance this Friday! Here is the schedule for this week!
- Tuesday and Thursday - marching rehearsal 2:30-5:00pm. Make sure you bring your water jugs! Thanks to all the parents who donated snacks and water! It is much appreciated!
- Friday will be a home football game! Call time is 5:15pm for all students. A detailed itinerary for Friday’s game will be posted tomorrow.
- Pass off #2 is due Friday for the second movement! You guys are doing great with pass offs and the show music, keep it up so we can have an amazing performance on Friday!
- Band parents, continue to sign up for volunteering spots on Charms if you have submitted your volunteer application. I’m waiting for an answer regarding the recent “no new volunteers” decision has been given out to a few of you.
Have a great night and see you tomorrow!
Good afternoon band family! I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I’d like to thank all of you again for a wonderful first showing at our football game! It is a great start, and I can’t wait to continue. A special thanks to all of our AMAZING parent volunteers. You all were fabulous and incredibly helpful!
Here is what to expect this week!
- Rehearsal on Tuesday is going to be from 12:30-3:00pm due to the early dismissal. Please make note of the time change and plan rides accordingly.
- Thursdays rehearsal will be 2:30-5;00pm like normal.
- We will be having our second continuity rehearsal this Friday from 6-8:30pm. Please wear your provided practice red shirt.
- Pass off #2 is this Friday. Make sure you spend time practicing the 2nd movement this week!
- We will be collecting shoe sizes this week for marching shoes. Please make sure you have paid the $30 shoe fee if you need marching shoes.
- We will need volunteers for this Friday’s rehearsal, as well as next Friday’s games. Parents can sign up for chaperoning spots via charmsoffice.com. The school code is pslhsband, and the log in is the students 562 number if it’s the first time logging in. Once logged in, you will need to create a new permanent password. Once you’re in, you can click the calendar and sign up to volunteer for slots! Make sure you have completed your volunteer application through St. lucie schools if you wish to help out with the band!
- Please let me know if you have any questions!
Good evening band! Here is the schedule for this Friday’s game! Can’t wait for a great night in OUR stands for the first time in almost 2 years! Thanks to all the parents who came to the meeting and are already taking initiative by volunteering!
The uniform will be as follows:
Option 1: New show shirt, solid black gym shorts, black tennis shoes with black socks.
(We’re hoping to have them in time! Our shirt designer is really trying for us, but we expected our first game to be on 9/10, so we appreciate the patience!)
Option 2: New rehearsal solid red t shirt, solid black gym shorts, black tennis shoes with black socks.
(I also ordered a set of solid red shirts for students to wear at continuity rehearsals, so if the show shirts aren’t done in time, this will be our plan B!
-Chaperone/leadership call time: 5:00pm
- Student call time: 5:15pm
- 5:30: Section area warm up/uniform inspection. Students will need to be dressed correctly with a water bottle!
- 5:50: full band warm up
- 6:30: line up for March over!
- 7:00pm: Kick off!
-8:15pm(approx) - Halftime show!!
- 9:30pm(approx) - game over
- 9:45pm - return to band room/announcements/dismissal!
Please reach out if you have any questions!
Good afternoon everyone and happy Sunday! I hope you all have had a great weekend. Thank you students for adapting at Friday’s rehearsal. Not only did you learn new material for the show, you also gave the best run through yet of the opener! Hearing you made me very excited for what you can accomplish this season! This Friday is our first home game, so get hyped! Here’s the news for this week:
- marching rehearsal on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00 for all band members. Please remember to bring a water jug and change of close.
- We will be having a parent meeting on Tuesday evening from 6:30-7:30pm. All parents who wish to volunteer in anyway for the band this year are highly encouraged to attend! There will be treats!
- Thanks to all the students who completed their first pass offs! Section leaders, please send me a complete list of all students who have completed the first pass off in your section. Pass off #2 will be due by next Friday, September 3rd.
- Fridays home game will kick off at 7:00pm. Student call time will be 5:15pm in uniform. A detailed post about Friday’s game will be published in the next few days! Call the school for information regarding purchasing football tickets if you like. We will need 6-10 parents volunteers for the football game! The process to sign up will be explained at Tuesday’s meeting.
- Thanks to all who have been paying your band fees! Shoe sizes will be collected this week. Please remember to pay the $30 shoe fee in addition to the $100 band fee if you need marching shoes!
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Good afternoon everyone! I hope you’re having a great weekend, and stayed dry as best as possible! I also hope that students had a great first week of school. Here is what to expect this week!
- Marching rehearsal Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm. Please remember a change of clothes, and a water bottle!
- We will be having our first Friday night rehearsal this Friday from 6:00-8:30pm! This will be in the football stadium, and we will have our show designer in to work with us! Please wear a RED shirt for this.
- Please look back on remind for the show shirt Microsoft survey link! If any parents or alumni would like a shirt, they are $15 each, just put your name and size on the survey! Students should also enter their size if they haven’t done so yet, but the cost is included in the band fee.
- Please remember to pay your band fee of $100 if you have not done so yet! Email me with questions.
- On Tuesday, august 24th, we will be having a parent meeting. ANY Parents who are interested in volunteering for the pslhs band in ANY capacity should plan to attend! We will go from 6:30-7:30pm in the band room. We will also have a virtual option if you’d like to attend through zoom.
- Our first home football game will be next Friday, 8/27! Students call time will be 5:15pm.
- Please remember to turn in your signed syllabus for a test grade! They can be found on this website under announcements.
Have a great night and let me know if you have any questions!
Symphonic Band - Period 3 & Wind Ensemble - Period 6
Color Guard - Period 4
Percussion - Period 5
Jazz Band Syllabus - Period 7