Hello, happy Sunday band family! Hope you all are doing well! Here is the news for this week.
- Tuesday there will be wind ensemble form 2-4, as well as winter guard from 2:30-5:00pm.
- Wednesday, there will be solo and ensemble practice for percussion and brass from 2-3pm. Also, anyone who would like help on solos should attend as well.
- Thursday will be jazz band rehearsal 2-4pm.
- Friday is the “commitment payment” for the band trip. It will be $100 per student and is non refundable and secures your spot on the trip. For students with parents who are chaperones, they payment will be $200.
- Winter guard will have their first Saturday practice this Saturday, 1/15, from 12-5pm!
- PSLHS will likely withdraw from the MLK parade next Monday. This is a decision that is made by the administration about the entirety of the school participating. A final final decision will be sent out as soon as I receive it.
- Thanks band and let me know if you have any questions!
Have a great day!
Good morning band family, and happy 2022! I sincerely hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season and had some time to truly reflect on what’s most important! I’d like to say thanks again to all the awesome students and parents who made last semester a tremendous success! Between marching season, to the gift wrap booth, to the winter concert, none of it would be possible without our incredible students and parents! I’m very excited for this semester, as we have some awesome things in the works! Here’s what’s going on.
- There will be no after school practices tomorrow. We will begin Thursday with jazz band and winter guard! Check our band calendar on this website for detailed times!
- Beginning next week, we will have rehearsals on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s, however these will vary depending on which band you’re in. All dates on the calendar!
- Winter guard will meet every Tuesday and Thursday beginning this Thursday. There will be two Saturday practices in the month of January. Dates clarified tomorrow.
- We will be participating in the MLK day parade this year! This will be required for full band. Details to come soon!
- It will be an exciting semester preparing for MPAs! Solo and ensemble, jazz mpa, and concert MPA are what we will be focusing heavily on this 9 weeks.
- An update to the band trip cost and payments will be made by the end of this week! I will explain details in classes and send a letter home for parents explaining everything for the trip :)
Please let me know if you have any questions! See you all tomorrow!
Good evening band family! First and foremost, CONGRATULATIONS on a great winter concert last night. Your performance was inspiring and I can’t wait to dig in next semester!
In the meantime, I wanted to share some shifts that are available for volunteers over the next week at the Gift Wrap Booth. From here on out, the booth will be very busy. It is my hope that we can offer support in this home stretch! Help from our parents and volunteers will be very very appreciated! New faces are encouraged!
Tomorrow, dec 18th -
Could you one more adult for the morning and afternoon shifts, and a couple more students.
Sunday, Dec 19th -
Currently could use one more adult for the morning shift, and two adults for the 1-4pm shift. There are currently no volunteers signed up then.
Monday, Dec 20th
need 1 or 2 more adults for ALL shifts
Tuesday, Dec 21st
One or two more adults for the evening shift 6-10pm, as well as two - three more students.
Wednesday, Dec 22nd
1-2 more adults for the morning and afternoon shifts, as well as two students in the afternoon (2-6)
Thursday, Dec 23rd
1-2 more adults for the morning and afternoon shifts
Friday, Dec 24th
All covered - However we will be breaking down the booth at 6pm after the mall closes.
Please consider signing up, we need the additional support!! It’s an amazing opportunity for these students. This could greatly impact this spring, and the costs of future band fees, etc. My family and I appreciate all the help in this very important time in Jolenes life!
We are in the home stretch! Let’s finish strong! And above all else, have an amazing winter break. Thanks for all you do.
Good afternoon band family! Happy concert week and LAST BAND NEWS of 2021! There will be some changes to the usual schedule so please pay attention so you can be in attendance!
- Monday - symphonic band 2-4
- Tuesday - wind ensemble 2-4, jazz band 4:15-5:30, guard 2:30 - 5
- Wednesday , full band concert rehearsal 2-5. All members required
- Thursday, no rehearsal. Concert is at 7pm! Call time will be 6pm! Concert black attire.
- Remember, tickets are only $5 each on ticket spicket! It’ll truly be a great concert! Hope you can make it out.
- Important! Four county honor band fees ($40) are due TOMORROW. I need the payments so I can pick up music before winter break.
- If you are doing Solo and Ensemble, I need your final music selections by this Friday!
- The gift wrap booth is half way done! Take a look at the list and sign up when you can! Thanks for all your help!!
- Please let me know if you have any questions.
Good morning band family! I hope you are all doing well. Every year I like to give out a few reminders about the Booth and how we all should approach working it. First of all, I really appreciate all the help! The fundraiser is going wonderfully and we are setting ourselves up for the BEST YEAR YET! But as we move forward to the truly busy weeks, I'd like to put a few gentle reminders.
1. Always remember that we are there to provide a service to the customers, and it is always important to treat them with the utmost respect and dignity. Smiling, asking them about their day, and being kind will go a long way! A lot of our customers are repeat customers because they enjoyed their experience so much. Especially don't make comments regarding how much they pay, tip, etc. That's always their choice.
2. Parents/volunteers should be dealing with money as much as possible. Students should be focused on wrapping, not collecting or counting money.
3. Students and parents must act professionally and remember they are representing the band and PSLHS. No yelling, profanity, or immature behavior. This is not usually an issue, but it's easy to get "bored" especially when its slow. This also relates to how students dress at the booth. Make yourself look friendly and presentable! Deodorant helps :)
4. When working the booth, it is okay to take breaks to get food, snacks, drinks, go to the bathroom. However, this is within reason. If you're working a 4 hour shift, there is no reason to have to get food multiple times. Once or twice is okay, but anything more can get excessive and be counter productive. When eating, do not eat inside the booth. Instead you can eat outside the booth at the entrance, or even find a seat close by (starbucks), eat, and return back. No students should be wondering the mall alone, AT ANY TIME. If you need to use the bathroom, take a buddy.
5. If you sign up, make sure you make it your mission to be on time and there the times you say you will be. Please don't show up without signing up. This is for students AND parents. It's important for us to keep records of who is there and who isn't.
6. Most importantly, have fun and remain positive! It's the holiday season, and a huge part of what makes this fundraiser successful is people giving off good vibes to eachother AND the customers! Like I said, we have a lot of repeat customers, and that's because they enjoyed their experience! Always remember the "be cool rule".
Thanks again for everything you're doing! This fundraiser is the reason we don't have to do the many "small" fundraisers a lot of programs have to do. It's much more fun for everyone to provide a service, rather than trying to sell them something they may not want.
Good morning band family! Happy Sunday! Thank you all for a STELLAR first week at the Gift Wrap Booth! We are setting records every day by huge margins! Thanks for taking pride in your fundraiser! Our winter concert is just a little less than 2 weeks away on December 16th! This week and next week will be all about making it as good as possible!
- Tuesday symphonic band rehearsal 2-4
-Thursday wind ensemble 2-4 and jazz band 4:15-5:30
- Winter guard Tuesday and Thursday 2:30-5:00pm!
- Tickets for the winter concert will go on sale tomorrow. They will be $5 each and can be purchased on ticketspicket.com
- Next week there will be rehearsals on Monday (sym band), Tuesday (wind ensemble) , and Wednesday (full band)!
- We would like to decorate the auditorium for the concert during those rehearsals! If you are a parent that would like to help, shoot me an email!
- For students selected to participate in 4 county honor band, there is a $40 participation fee asked for by IRSC. This will be due by Monday, December 13th. Please email me if you have any questions!
thanks and have a great day.
Good morning band family! I’m so excited to see you all and get back to “being the band director” full time. Thank you so much to the amazing students who cooperated and allowed me to have this incredibly valuable time with Jolene. I’m excited to come back and give you my all! Here’s what to expect this week.
- we are setting up the gift wrap booth tonight!! It would mean a lot to have some students and parents show up to help. 5pm at the school then 6pm at the mall (ruby tuesdays entrance). Thanks!
- There will be symphonic band rehearsal Tuesday from 2-4pm. Attendance required
- Wind ensemble and jazz band will rehearsal on WEDNESDAY this week. Wind ensemble 2-4, jazz band 4:15-5:30. The only reason we are rehearsing Wednesday this week is because I will be away on Thursday and Friday with Isaac and Adrianna for the Tri - State honor band. Attendance for rehearsal is required!
- Color guard will practice on Tuesday and Thursday 2:30-5:00pm.
- The gift wrap booth sign up sheet is out! Check it and sign up when you’re able to help! We will go over this in more detail in class. You can find the sign up document on the post right before this one in the announcements tab.
- Our winter concert is on December 16th! Tickets will be just $5 each and will go on sale this week! It’ll be a fun concert!
Thanks for everything and I’ll see you tomorrow!
Good evening band family! I hope you have all been having a wonderful thanksgiving break! I can’t wait to get back to the band full time this Monday! We will be getting ready for our awesome winter concert!
December brings us a most exciting time: Gift Wrap Booth season!! Students will make their triumphant return to the booth this year after 2020’s hiatus! Here’s what you need to know for the Booth!
- We will be setting the booth up tomorrow evening! If you are able to help (we could use several students to help load up at the school and unload at the mall). We will meet at 5:00pm at pslhs to load the trailer up, and will be at the mall by 6:00pm. If you could come by either, please do so! Candy can be offered to students willing to help.
- The way we will sign up for shifts is super easy. Just use the following link to sign up for the days and times that work for you! If you use a phone, you will need to download the google docs app to access the document. On a computer, you can just click the link. We encourage all students to participate!
- Thanks for helping out with the booth!! It’s a lot of fun, and helps the band a TON. If you have any questions, please shoot me an email!
Good afternoon band family, and happy Sunday! I am beyond thankful for the incredible support and love my family and I have received from you over the past few days. It is clear to me that I have the best job in the world, teaching the best students in the world, while working with the best band parents in the world. Even though I will be mostly out of school most of November, don’t fret. The show will go on. Jolene is my daughter, but you are all my kids! And I will be here for you.
- There will be symphonic band (3rd period, and any wind ensemble/percussion students also participating) rehearsal on Tuesday after school from 2-4pm. This will be graded and mandatory, so please plan on attending.
- Winter guard begins this Tuesday! 2:30-5:00pm. This is required for all guard members, and is open to any band students who’d like to participate! See myself, Mrs, Leblanc, or the guard captains for info.
- There is no school Thursday.
- There will be a home playoff football game this Friday! No show, just like last game! Let’s have some fun and support the jags.
- Our band parent and student meeting will be rescheduled for Tuesday, Nov 16 from 6-7pm. It’s highly encouraged that you intend to learn about the gift wrap booth fundraiser and end of year band trip!
- I will be in school all day next Tuesday and Thursday (16th and 18th), as well as at the after school rehearsals.
Thanks and take care! Have a great week.
Good afternoon everyone. First off, I want to say thanks to all of you who have reached out to me to make sure that everything was okay. I appreciate the support. Mom and baby are fine, but Jolene is playing tricks on us this week. She gave us reason (on two occasions over the past two days) to believe she was truly ready to make her grand appearance, and alas, nothing yet. However, the doctors said that true labor can begin at any moment, so I’d like to give an update to the rest of the week.
- I am planning on being in school tomorrow and Friday.
- We are still planning on having wind ensemble rehearsal after school from 2-4pm, and a band family meeting at 6pm.
- Mr. Cromer is planning on having pit rehearsal Thursday from 6-8pm. I will talk to these people directly tomorrow, but you should know if you’re included in this.
- The home game is on for this Friday, with or without me there! I trust that you guys can kill it, but I’m hoping to be there.
- Seniors, hopefully you got your form for senior night from Elizabeth or Ms. Malone. Please return these to me by Friday at lunch time.
- Stay tuned for cancellations or changes to tomorrow’s schedule. Friday should stay the same regardless. Things will only change if “it’s happening”
Take care and have a good evening.