Good afternoon band family! I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I’d like to thank all of you again for a wonderful first showing at our football game! It is a great start, and I can’t wait to continue. A special thanks to all of our AMAZING parent volunteers. You all were fabulous and incredibly helpful!
Here is what to expect this week!
- Rehearsal on Tuesday is going to be from 12:30-3:00pm due to the early dismissal. Please make note of the time change and plan rides accordingly.
- Thursdays rehearsal will be 2:30-5;00pm like normal.
- We will be having our second continuity rehearsal this Friday from 6-8:30pm. Please wear your provided practice red shirt.
- Pass off #2 is this Friday. Make sure you spend time practicing the 2nd movement this week!
- We will be collecting shoe sizes this week for marching shoes. Please make sure you have paid the $30 shoe fee if you need marching shoes.
- We will need volunteers for this Friday’s rehearsal, as well as next Friday’s games. Parents can sign up for chaperoning spots via charmsoffice.com. The school code is pslhsband, and the log in is the students 562 number if it’s the first time logging in. Once logged in, you will need to create a new permanent password. Once you’re in, you can click the calendar and sign up to volunteer for slots! Make sure you have completed your volunteer application through St. lucie schools if you wish to help out with the band!
- Please let me know if you have any questions!
Good evening band! Here is the schedule for this Friday’s game! Can’t wait for a great night in OUR stands for the first time in almost 2 years! Thanks to all the parents who came to the meeting and are already taking initiative by volunteering!
The uniform will be as follows:
Option 1: New show shirt, solid black gym shorts, black tennis shoes with black socks.
(We’re hoping to have them in time! Our shirt designer is really trying for us, but we expected our first game to be on 9/10, so we appreciate the patience!)
Option 2: New rehearsal solid red t shirt, solid black gym shorts, black tennis shoes with black socks.
(I also ordered a set of solid red shirts for students to wear at continuity rehearsals, so if the show shirts aren’t done in time, this will be our plan B!
-Chaperone/leadership call time: 5:00pm
- Student call time: 5:15pm
- 5:30: Section area warm up/uniform inspection. Students will need to be dressed correctly with a water bottle!
- 5:50: full band warm up
- 6:30: line up for March over!
- 7:00pm: Kick off!
-8:15pm(approx) - Halftime show!!
- 9:30pm(approx) - game over
- 9:45pm - return to band room/announcements/dismissal!
Please reach out if you have any questions!
Good afternoon everyone and happy Sunday! I hope you all have had a great weekend. Thank you students for adapting at Friday’s rehearsal. Not only did you learn new material for the show, you also gave the best run through yet of the opener! Hearing you made me very excited for what you can accomplish this season! This Friday is our first home game, so get hyped! Here’s the news for this week:
- marching rehearsal on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00 for all band members. Please remember to bring a water jug and change of close.
- We will be having a parent meeting on Tuesday evening from 6:30-7:30pm. All parents who wish to volunteer in anyway for the band this year are highly encouraged to attend! There will be treats!
- Thanks to all the students who completed their first pass offs! Section leaders, please send me a complete list of all students who have completed the first pass off in your section. Pass off #2 will be due by next Friday, September 3rd.
- Fridays home game will kick off at 7:00pm. Student call time will be 5:15pm in uniform. A detailed post about Friday’s game will be published in the next few days! Call the school for information regarding purchasing football tickets if you like. We will need 6-10 parents volunteers for the football game! The process to sign up will be explained at Tuesday’s meeting.
- Thanks to all who have been paying your band fees! Shoe sizes will be collected this week. Please remember to pay the $30 shoe fee in addition to the $100 band fee if you need marching shoes!
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Good afternoon everyone! I hope you’re having a great weekend, and stayed dry as best as possible! I also hope that students had a great first week of school. Here is what to expect this week!
- Marching rehearsal Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm. Please remember a change of clothes, and a water bottle!
- We will be having our first Friday night rehearsal this Friday from 6:00-8:30pm! This will be in the football stadium, and we will have our show designer in to work with us! Please wear a RED shirt for this.
- Please look back on remind for the show shirt Microsoft survey link! If any parents or alumni would like a shirt, they are $15 each, just put your name and size on the survey! Students should also enter their size if they haven’t done so yet, but the cost is included in the band fee.
- Please remember to pay your band fee of $100 if you have not done so yet! Email me with questions.
- On Tuesday, august 24th, we will be having a parent meeting. ANY Parents who are interested in volunteering for the pslhs band in ANY capacity should plan to attend! We will go from 6:30-7:30pm in the band room. We will also have a virtual option if you’d like to attend through zoom.
- Our first home football game will be next Friday, 8/27! Students call time will be 5:15pm.
- Please remember to turn in your signed syllabus for a test grade! They can be found on this website under announcements.
Have a great night and let me know if you have any questions!
Symphonic Band - Period 3 & Wind Ensemble - Period 6
Color Guard - Period 4
Percussion - Period 5
Jazz Band Syllabus - Period 7
Good afternoon band family, and happy First Day of School Eve. I'm excited to begin a new awesome school year with you all. It's time to get to work and make many lifelong memories and a product that you can be proud of! Every week, there will be a Band newsletter that goes out to all of you that will tell you what to expect! Here's what's happening this week!
- There will be rehearsal after school from 2:30 - 5:00pm on Tuesday and Thursday! These will happen every week BEGINNING TOMORROW for the entirety of marching season. They are graded and required for all band and guard members. They will be marching style rehearsals, so plan to dress for outside! Bring your water!
- If you haven't paid your band fee of $100 yet, please do so ASAP! Email me at email@example.com if you need to discuss this further.
- This week, students will receive information regarding CHARMS. This will be the band's new data base system. On charms, each student will have a profile that will show any band related information, such as up to date payment information, medical information, any instruments that are checked out to them, etc. It will also be where parent volunteers will sign up to chaperone for all band events, including games, performances, parades, rehearsals, etc. Stay tuned for more info regarding charms! It'll be easy and make your band related lives much easier!
- Always remember that you can receive information through our band website: pslhsband.com, and the best way to stay informed is to sign up for our band remind! All you have to do is text @band202120 to 81010 if you don't have the Remind app. If you do have the app, search our course code @band202120 to be added! Remind is where I will send out information consistently, that will go right to your phone! Easy peasy!
I'm very excited for all of you to be joining or returning to our band family! I can guarantee that will your effort, this experience will be one that will last a lifetime. Can't wait to have a great year with you all! See you tomorrow!
Love it, Live it!