Hello band family,
So there has been a little mix up in the past hour or so regarding the schedule for the next few days. PLEASE READ!!
- The football game scheduled for this Friday has been “tentatively” (stay tuned for updates) moved to TOMORROW (Thursday) with a kick off of 5pm. Due to this, the band will still stay after school as scheduled for practice. We will practice until 3:30pm. After this, there will be food prepared by the band parents after this. Students may also bring their own food. The band will remain at school until we travel over to the stadium at 4:30pm. Kickoff is at 5pm. The game will end around 8:30pm. We are expecting the entire band to be in attendance at this game. Please contact me IMMEDIATELY if there are unavoidable conflicts.
- Saturday’s practice scheduled from 6-9 will be moved to this Friday night “tentatively” from 6-9pm. The school district may cancel all after school activities starting Friday due to the storm. If it is cancelled we will follow the protocol and cancel this practice.
-The pep rally scheduled for this Friday has been moved to next Friday.
-It is looking as if the storm is getting worse, I hope you all have your plans in place.
Thank you for your understanding. Contact me with any questions.
Good evening band family! Congrats again on a successful week of rehearsal! I can’t wait to continue to make progress on the show and perform for the first time this Friday night!
- Rehearsals this week will be Tuesday/Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm, as well as SATURDAY from 6-9pm. Red shirts on Saturday.
- Our first football game of the year will be this Friday! Kick off is 7pm, and student call time is 5:00pm. An itinerary will be posted later in the week.
- Tomorrow will be the deadline for Fall Sports Program ads!
- This Friday will be the due date for the “commitment payment” for the Atlanta Band trip. It is $40 per person! If you wish to go to Atlanta in April, please plan to make this payment!
- Remember to keep up with your pass offs! Thanks to all who have passed off on time. If you didn’t, you will have a 0 in the grade book until it is complete. You will have until the end of the first 9 weeks. Pass off #2 will be announced tomorrow.
-The band shoes have been here since last Friday. We will be distributing this week in classes.
- Please remember to continue practicing as we are striving to get better EVERY DAY!
Thanks and email me if you have any questions.
Hello band family! I hope this post finds you feeling recharged after the school years first weekend! I’m looking forward to getting back to it tomorrow with you all! Here is what to expect.
- Marching rehearsal will be on a Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm, per usual. We will also be having a rehearsal this Friday evening from 6-9pm. This rehearsal has been on the calendar, it was not added, but it is definitely important considering all the time we’ve lost outside to rain. Students may stay after school until the start of this rehearsal on Friday, and should wear a red shirt!
- We will be having our first Band parent informational meeting this Tuesday at 6pm! All band parents are welcomed and encouraged to attend!
- Pass off #1 is due by this Friday. Information on the pass offs are on the board, but I will put it here as well:
Winds - Opener, Line 10 articulation exercise, flexibility #1, and Abide with me.
Percussion- Opener, line 10, 8 to 2, and Lord of the hands
Guard - Opener and flag warm up
Please remember that pass offs are to be played by memory, and can be played for section leaders, executive leadership, or Mr. Wiley. These are graded on a pass fail basis. Students will have until the end of the 1st 9 weeks to finish the pass off, but will go into the grade book as a 0 if not completed by this Friday.
- The deadline to sell Fall Sports Program ads is this Friday! Remember to have businesses make checks out to PSLHS band and to submit a physical copy of the ad, or email a jpeg of the ad to Mr. Wiley! As of Sunday afternoon, the only specialty ads sold are the back cover and center spread. All other specialty ads are available! 20% of ad sales go into the student who sold them’s band account.
- The commitment payment for the Atlanta Band trip is next Friday the 30th. This is $40 per person. We will need at least 35 people total to go on the trip to make it cost effective. If we do not have enough people, the commitment payment will be refunded.
Thanks and please email me if you have any questions!
Hello all, it is that time of year again! Football season! We just had a meeting at the high school this week involving myself, the coaches, ROTC, cheerleading, the athletic director, administrators, and gate tenders. It is expected that EVERYONE follows these procedures to ensure consistency and safety for all of our students and parents. Thanks for your cooperation on this matter!
- Students May stay after school until games, but must be accounted for by their club sponsor, coach, or teacher. There will be no wondering around the school. For us, we will stay in the band room, or band hallway. If you need to go to the bathroom or to change, you will need to ask and have a leadership member accompany you. This is to avoid roaming.
- EVERYONE will have to park in the student parking lot. Admin was very persistent on this, so we will follow. The gates to the back of the school will be locked after school. If parent chaperones need to drop off any items such as water, or other donations, we can let you in behind the school before 4:30pm, but will then have to move vehicles to the student parking lot.
- Students being dropped off for games at our 5:00pm call time will have to be dropped off in the student parking lot. They assured me the gates by the H building will be open to avoid students having to walk all the way around the school.
- Parents who are chaperoning will have to arrive before 6pm to get their badges in the band room. If you are going to be arriving at 6 or after, you will HAVE to already have your badge at the ticket booth in order to get in without paying. If you show up without your badge after 6, you will have to pay to get into the game, or you could have someone bring it to you outside the gate. The gate tenders will not allow anyone in the game for free without a badge. They get there at 6, so it’s best to arrive before then if you are chaperoning.
- All students will need to be picked up promptly after the game in the student parking lot. This was a request by law enforcement.
Thanks and I know we will have a great season! Please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions!
Good morning band family! Happy first day of school eve! Below you will find the first weekly news update of the new school year. You can expect these every Sunday before the new week! Please read carefully so you’ll always know what’s going on!
- We will have marching rehearsal on Tuesday and Thursday this week (and every week). These will be from 2:30pm-5:00pm. You will need to bring a change of athletic clothes to school, and have your water jug for ALL rehearsals. Please wear your show shirt and show shorts to Tuesday’s rehearsal! We will be taking pictures! Please keep in mind that these rehearsals are MANDATORY. They are a part of your grade. If you have to miss, it will have to be approved 1 week in advance via an absentee form found in the band room.
- Our first home football game of the season is Friday! Students will have a call time of 5:00pm in uniform. You may stay after school until the game. I will be making a separate post detailing all the protocol for home football games soon. Please be on the look out! The game starts at 7pm and is usually over by 9:30-10:00pm depending on how many penalties there are.
- Please remember that the Fall Sports Program Ad sale deadline is August 23rd! Get out there and help the band raise some funds! Also remember that 20% of all ad sales will go into your band account!
- There will be an Atlanta Band trip commitment payment of $40 due to me by August 30th! You MUST turn this in if you would like to go to Atlanta in April. This payment is telling me that you are committed to going. We need at least 40 people total going (this includes chaperones) in order for the trip to be worth it. If we do not have 40 people, the commitment payment will be refunded and we will not be going on the trip. Please consider going! Band trips create tons of memories, and remember you can always help yourself go by fundraising!!
- Our first Pass off is due by August 23rd! These will be gone over in detail on the first day of classes Monday and Tuesday! Pass offs are test grades and are important for our success! Don’t sweat, they are easy!!
- Please stay up to date on all the band events on our band calendar! That can be found on this website on the calendar tab!
Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!