Our first game of the year is this Thursday against Westwood! We will be traveling from pslhs to lawnwood back to pslhs after the game. All band students are required to ride the bus with the band to and from lawnwood stadium. The uniform will be: show shirts, solid black knee length gym shorts, high black socks, and black marching shoes. Please review the handbook regarding hair, makeup, and jewelry. Please eat or bring food before you get here. There will be an inspection in the band room before we leave, you will be checked for: music, instrument, water jug (red or white), and correct attire. The schedule is as follows:
4:45 - call time in band room
5:00 - inspection/attendance by section leaders
5:05 - equipment crew/leadership load equipment truck
5:15- load busses
5:30 - depart for lawnwood stadium
6:00 - arrive/ set up warm up arc next to bus
6:40- transition to stands
8:15(approx) - halftime
9:30(approx) - game ends
9:45(approx) - depart lawnwood
10:15(approx) - arrive at pslhs
10:30 - dismissal
Good afternoon band! Sorry for the delay, but here is the weekly band news!
-We will have rehearsal this week on Tuesday, 2:30 - 5pm, and Friday evening from 6-8:30pm!
- There will be a game on Thursday this week. We will be traveling to lawnwood stadium to face of against Westwood High School. Band students are encouraged to stay after school, but call time is 4:45pm if they decide to leave. A separate post will be made with details regarding this evening.
- Band shoes are in the band room! Please pick them up when you can!
- Pass off #1 was due last Friday! Please keep up with pass offs!
- If you have any questions please see me!
I hope that everyone had a fantastic first week of school! Here's what to look out for this week:
- Marching rehearsal will be on Tuesday and Thursday, from 2:30pm-5:00pm. Please remember to bring a change of clothes on these days so everyone is dressed comfortably!
- All handbook verification forms should have been turned in. Due to some people have technical issues with printing it, they will he accepted Tomorrow.
- We will be ordering shoes tomorrow, so if you haven't been sized, please see me before the school day is over!
- Remember, students can still sell ads for the SLC Marching Band Showcase program! These will be due by September 1st!
- Our first football game will be on August 31st against Westwood! A schedule of the evening will be published next Monday!
- See everyone tomorrow! Have a good evening, and go Jags!
Happy first week of school, Marching Jags! I hope you've all had a wonderful summer and are excited to get back into the new school year! From the progress we've already made, it is sure to be an amazing year! Here is some news this week:
- We will have marching band rehearsal on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30pm - 5:00pm, and we WILL have rehearsal on Friday, from 6:00pm - 8:30pm. All rehearsals are a GRADE and are required by ALL members.
- The course syllabi will be reviewed in class on Monday and Tuesday. This will outline everything required for each specific class. The first assignment *test grade* will be to turn in the signed syllabus and signed band handbook verification by Friday, August 18th.
- Shoe sizes will also be measured in class this week. If you are getting new marching shoes, please be ready to have your sizes recorded! Band shoes will be ordered by the end of the week so we have them by our first game! If you have NOT paid for your shoes yet, PLEASE do so ASAP. $30 for those that need them.
- If you have not paid for your polo yet, please do so ASAP. Polos are going to be ordered by the end of the week. $10 for all students.
- We will be assigning lockers and locks to students this week (limited by instrument) as well. At the moment, locks are limited, so these will be assigned based on seniority until we get more locks. Until then, students can keep instruments secure in the instrument rooms, or take them home with them (if its their own instrument, or if its been checked out by Mr. Wiley with an instrument checkout form.)
- All Band Forms (Medical release, travel form, and media release) MUST be turned in by Friday, August 18th. If they are not, students will not be allowed to participate with the band until they are.
- Please remember to keep hydrating and staying active! Marching season is only beginning! Please refer to this website for any band information! If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com
Here is some last minute info for the dci finals viewing we're having in the band room tonight!
- If you would like to eat/drink pizza, popcorn and soda, please bring 5 dollars!
-The band room opens at 4:30pm.
- The event will not step off until 6:10, and we will eat pizza at 5:30. (Yes, IN the band room. BE CAREFUL!)
- Students can bring comfy chairs/pillows. No blankets will be permitted.
- The finals should end around 11:30pm, but students may go home before this if they would like, but there will be no leaving and coming back.
We will be participating in a fundraiser called the "59 Minute fundraiser" at the beginning of rehearsal on Thursday at 4:30pm.
I just wanted to post some information on what to expect:
-we will be selling PSLHS band tervis cups this year for $20 each over the phone.
-Everyone will receive a phone script today at rehearsal, as well as a sheet to write down as many phone numbers as possible.
- For Thursday's rehearsal, everyone will need their phones, as well as their phone script and number log!
-For 1 hour, we will be calling as many people as possible and asking them if they would like to buy a PSLHS band tervis cup. (They really do look cool). There will be prices and in incentives for the sections that sell the most!
Good afternoon band family! I hope everyone is recovering well after a very successful band camp! We really set ourselves up for a successful marching band season! Here is the first weekly news update of the year! You can always find weekly news right here on pslhsband.com every Sunday or Monday!
- We will have full band rehearsal on Tuesday, 6:00pm-8:30pm, and Thursday, 4:30pm-6:30pm. Please arrive 30 minutes early for each rehearsal, and come dressed as you would for camp!
- During our Tuesday rehearsal, we will be taking full band pictures in Uniforms. Please show up on time! Wear your marching band shoes if you have them, if you do not have them yet, please wear black shoes or black socks! Feet will not be fully visible in the pictures, but wearing black is important!
-We will be participating in our second fundraiser of the year on Thursday, so please be on time for rehearsal! A post explaining this fundraiser will be published on Monday, and information will be given out at Tuesday's rehearsal.
- We will be hosting a DCI World Championships Watch Party in the band room on Saturday August 12th. This event will begin at 4:45pm. Students may feel free to bring comfortable chairs and pillows to make themselves comfortable, but no blankets permitted.
- Please remember to be making progress on your band fees if you haven't turned them in yet! All forms must be turned in this week as well.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!