Hello band family! Congrats again to the wind ensemble students for a successful experience at state concert MPA! Here is the news for this week.
-Monday and Thursday will be color guard practice from 2:30-4:30.
- Pit orchestra rehearsal will be MOVED to Wednesday night from 6-8pm due to several students having to miss for youth symphony.
- Symphonic band will have rehearsal on Thursday from 2:30-4:00pm.
- Thanks to all who turned in leadership packets. Interview times will be posted in the next week, as well as audition criteria for students going for executive leadership, drum major, or section leaders.
- Next week is the spectrum concert! Tickets will be $5 at the door, and students can purchase presale tickets for $4 a piece in the band room until May 8th, the day before the concert. Children under 5 will be free. Please share the Facebook event with your friends and family! It will be a great show.
- band banquet ticket information will be released very soon, stay tuned!
Please let let me know if you have any questions!
Below you will find the roster for the Drumline, as well as front ensemble (pit). Thanks to everyone who has worked so hard! We were impressed by many of you for making such tremendous progress in such a short amount of time.
Please remember, selections were made in the best interest of the section and band as a whole. Please do not be upset by your placement, as both the drum line AND front ensemble play an incredibly vital role in next year’s field show, and should. NOT be taken lightly.
Kyle Matthews (center snare)
Raul Alvarez (1)
Ariana Sanchez (2)
Daniella Camac- Opizo (3)
Jason Read (4)
Trey Devercelly (5)
Here is the schedule for state concert MPA. It is VITAL that every student EATS breakfast before coming to school, as well as brings snacks/lunch OR money for lunch at the concession stand. We will not be eating until 1:00pm, due to the FBA requiring us to listen to other bands.
7:30am: call time in full uniform/load bus
8:00am: depart PSLHS
10:15am: arrive at Titusville High School/unload/bathroom
10:30am: listen to Wiregrass Ranch High School
11:00am: listen to Pine Ridge High School
11:30am: warm up
12:30pm: listen to Sunlake High School
1:00pm: lunch at concession stand
1:30pm: load bus/depart
3:30pm: arrive at pslhs/unload/dismiss
Thanks to all who auditioned last night! I was very impressed with the playing I heard from all of you! Below is the instrumentation for the orchestra, your part will be next to your name. Rehearsals begin Monday, the 29th from 6-8pm. If your name is not on the list, it is not because you played badly, it is because we have to select the appropriate instrumentation to best represent the music. Thanks for your understanding!
Violin: Anna Lovejoy
Violin: Shannon Smith
Cello: Justin Lovejoy
Bass: Maddison Bent
Flute/Piccolo: Emily Schwartz
Oboe/English Horn: Emma Neimczyk
Clarinet 1: Angelo Marroquin
Clarinet 2/Bass Clarinet: Riley Robson/Devon Barbour
Trumpet 1: Matthew Marquez
Trumpet 2: Lynn Fox
Trumpet 3: Saryna Boone
French Horn 1: Isaac Roman
French Horn 2: Zoe Olsen
Trombone 1: Tyler White
Trombone 2: Kevin Li
Percussion: Andrew Risi, Ariana Sanchez, Raul Alvarez, Dmo Smith (drumset)
Good afternoon band family! I hope this post finds you doing well after a 3 day weekend. We have quite the eventful week ahead so please read carefully!
- Drum major help session #3 tomorrow from 2:00-3:00pm in the band room.
- Color Guard practice from 2:30-4:30 on Monday and Thursday
- Wind ensemble rehearsal after school from 2:30-4:30 on Tuesday and 2:30-4:00 on Thursday. Last rehearsals before state!
- Percussion clinics and auditions will be happening Monday - Thursday from 6-8pm. Auditions will be on Thursday!
- Pit orchestra auditions are this Wednesday from 6-8pm! You will need a technical, lyrical, and full range chromatic scale for your audition, with the addition of sight reading.
- This Friday is the deadline for Busch gardens payments. Payments MUST BE complete by this day.
- Friday is also the deadline for leadership applications to be turned in. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Saturday is State Concert mpa for wind ensemble! An itenerary will be posted this week. Call time will be 8:00am, and the band performs at 12:00pm at Titusville High School.
- Spectrum is only a few weeks away on May 9th! Please share the social media event with your friends and family! Tickets are just $5 this year, unlike last years $10 price! We’d love to see the auditorium packed for these kids!
Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!
Good evening band family! I hope you’re doing well! Here is the news for this week! We have a lot of things coming up soon!
- Drum major help session #2 is tomorrow from 2-3pm. If you are considering auditioning for drum major, please attend.
- ATTENTION SENIORS! Mrs. Matthews needs your slide show pictures for banquet (up to 8) your future plans after high school, as well as a song to be played during your portion. Please email these to her by the end of the week, or bring her hard copies. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday and Thursday will be winter guard practice from 2:30-4:30!
- Wind Ensemble will have rehearsal on Tuesday from 2:30-4:30pm. Please note the addition of 30 minutes to this rehearsal.
- Symphonic Band will rehearse Thursday from 2:30-4:00pm. This is a mandatory rehearsal for all Symphonic band members!
- Friday will be a day off from school, students need to have their permission slips for Busch gardens signed and turned in my THIS THURSDAY, the 18th.
- Please continue paying towards the Busch gardens trip. If students are not paid off by next Friday the 26th, they will not be able to go on the trip.
- Next week will be a busy week! Percussion clinics and auditions, Pit orchestra auditions, leadership packets due, and state concert mpa! Please be prepared for all of this!
- Spectrum concert is May 9th at 7:00pm! Spread the word! A Facebook for the event will be made this week!
Thank you and please let me know if you have any questions!
Good evening band family! Hope this post finds you all doing well! Below you will find what to expect for this week!
- Monday, drum major help session #1. This is for any interested students who would like to learn more about being a drum major. All are welcome, even if it is just to learn!
- Tuesday is Wind ensemble 2:30-4:00pm.
- Wednesday will be senior dinner! All seniors are invited to enjoy a dinner out on the band! We will be going to Bonefish Mac on Becker at 6:30pm!
- Winter Guard will have practice on Monday and Thursday.
- There will be a Percussion clinic on Saturday from 8:00am- 12:00pm. This will be to go over the packet with Mr. Cromer, and is very important so plan on being in attendance. Seniors are invited but not required.
- Please remember to be paying your Busch gardens field trip! Due date for entire trip in full is April 26th! Also, the due date for field trip permission forms are due the 19th!
- Please let me know if you have any questions!