Here is the schedule for this Saturday, March 2nd! Students should bring snacks and their own lunch if they chose to. There will be a concession stand as well. Students will be required to show up in their concert attire in FULL Tux and dresses for Symphonic band, and concert black for wind ensemble and percussion.
- 8:00am: call time in band room/load trailer/buses
- 8:30: depart PSLHS
-8:50: arrive at TCHS
-9:00: Symphonic band unload instruments and get prepared for warm up. Wind Ensemble enters auditorium to listen to bands.
-9:25: Symphonic band warm up time
-10:00: Symphonic band PERFORMANCE time
-10:20: Symphonic band sight reading
-10:40: Symphonic band load instruments back up
-11:00: both bands enter audience to hear Aavon Park and Treasure Coast Band 2.
-12:00: lunch break
- 12:30: Symphonic band enters audience, Wind Ensemble unloads instruments and prepares for warm up
- 12:55: Wind Ensemble warm up time
- 1:30: Wind Ensemble PERFORMANCE time
- 1:50: Wind Ensemble sight reading/ Symphonic Band transition to bus/trailer area
- 2:15: everyone load trailer/buses
- 2:30: depart Treasure Coast
- 3:00pm: arrive at PSLHS and unload
Hello band family! Here is the news for this week!
- Tomorrow, the 25th, is the recruiting performance at Southport middle school. Uniform is the same as pre-MPA. Students will meet in the band room at 9:45am. Teachers will have a list emailed to them with everyone’s name on it so they may be excused from class at this time. We will travel to Southport, perform, and then travel back to the high school and be back by 12pm so students can go to their last period. Yes, we are taking a bus there and back.
- Tuesday, there will be Symphonic band after school from 2:30-4:00pm! Students may stay in between this rehearsal and the Band dinner concert. There will be Percussion rehearsal immediately after Symphonic band from 4:15-5:30pm
- Taco Tuesday is this week! The show will start at 6pm, and dinner will start between 6:45 and 7:00pm! Students are required to be there for the performance, but don’t have have to stay for dinner. Remember, there is a limit of 4 guests per student! Students are highly encouraged to wear comfortable clothing!!
- Wind ensemble will rehearse after school from 2:30-4:00pm on Thursday.
- Friday is the due date for the Busch gardens $40 commitment payment! Remember, everyone must turn this in if they plan on going on the trip.
- Saturday is concert band MPA at Treasure Coast! You can find an itinerary at this link:
Hello band family, here is the schedule for Pre-MPA this Thursday. This is for just Symphonic band and Wind Ensemble students. Students must wear their red band polo, jeans, belts, and dark shoes. We will be taking a bus to Treasure Coast, but will not be taking a bus back. I apologize for any inconvience regarding this, but we are not allowed to use any buses from the hours of 1:00-5:00 as that is when they will be used to take students from school to home. Students who have their own cars may drive only themselves from PSLHS to TCHS with a note from a parent. If non-driving students wish to ride home from TCHS with driving students, the non-driving students will need a parent note saying that this is okay. I will be at Treasure Coast until well after our performance time, so students who need to wait for parents to get off of work will have supervision.
-12:05pm: call time in band room/load buses
-12:30pm: depart pslhs
-1:15pm: Arrive at TCHS/unload trailer
- 2:00pm: Symphonic band gather instruments and prepare to move to warm up room/ Wind Ensemble students sit in audience to hear TCHS 3, and Symphonic Band.
- 3:00pm - Symphonic band will go to their after performance clinic, and Wind ensemble will gather instruments and move to the warm up room.
- 3:30pm: Wind ensemble will perform. At this point, Symphonic band students will be finished with their Pre-MPA and may be picked up from TCHS. They may also stay in the audience to hear other bands perform.
-4:00pm: Wind ensemble will enter their after performance clinic.
-4:30pm: Both bands will be done with their Pre-MPA performance.
- I will be at Treasure Coast High School until 8:30pm. Students will be supervised there if parents can not pick their students up until after work hours.
- I want to thank you all for being understanding regarding Pre-MPA. I know this is not under the most ideal circumstances. This is a valuable learning experience for the students as we prepare for the real Music Performance Assessnent on March 2nd. This event will ALSO be at TCHS.
Good evening band family! I hope you all had a great 3 day weekend :)
- Symphonic Band tomorrow from 2:30-4:00pm.
- There will be no Wind Ensemble rehearsal on Thursday due to Pre MPA.
- Pre MPA for Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble members will be on Thursday. Students will report to the band room at 11:30am. Students will be taking a bus to Treasure Coast from PSLHS. The Symphonic Band will perform at 2:50 pm and be finished with their performance at 3:30. Wind Ensemble students perform at 3:35pm and will be finished at 4:30pm. Students must be picked up from Treasure Coast High School because the county will not provide us with a bus during school transit times. A detailed itinerary will be posted tomorrow.
- Next Monday is the Southport recruiting concert. Students will travel to Southport from 10:00am-11:30am and be back at school by noon. Students will be excused from classes.
- Next Tuesday night there will be a band family dinner concert; Taco Tuesday! All students in Wind Ensemble, Symphonic band, and Jazz Band will perform their MPA music in a relaxed environment before they have to perform at the real MPA! Students are REQUIRED to perform, but not required to stay for dinner ( however they are highly encouraged!!) we will pass out a form in classes tomorrow to ask you how many guests you plan to bring to dinner!
- Concert MPA is next Saturday, March 2nd!
Hello band family! I hope you’ve had a relaxing weekend! Let’s give congratulations to the jazz band on a great performance this past Saturday at the St. Lucie County School Board’s annual “Night of the Stars” banquet! I have had several principals and other teachers tell me how great they sounded!
Here is what to look out for in the coming days and weeks.
- Symphonic band rehearsal on Tuesday after school from 2:30-4:00pm.
- Color Guard practice on Monday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm.
- Wind ensemble will be after school on Thursday from 2:00pm-4:00pm. We will be having a guest clinician; Mr. Patrick, band director at Martin County High School, there to help us out as we prepare for MPA.
- There is a band parent banquet meeting this Tuesday from 6:30-7:30pm. This meeting will be in the cafeteria.
- Next Week, on Thursday the 21st, the Symphonic band and wind ensemble will be performing for the Concert Band Pre-MPA at Treasure Coast High School. Students will be taking a bus there, but must find a ride home from Treasure Coast because we can not get a bus during school transit times.
- On Monday the 25th, students will travel to Southport Middle School to perform for their 8th grade class! This is an annual event for the Marching Jags that really helps generate interest in our program! This is a big reason why the band has grown in the last few years! More info will be posted early this week on this event.
- We will be having a band family “Taco Tuesday” Dinner Concert on Tuesday the 26th! This is where students from the jazz band and concert bands will perform their MPA music for you in a relaxed, friendly environment before we have a fun band family dinner! Comfortable clothing is highly encouraged!
- Concert MPA is on Saturday March 2nd at Treasure Coast High School. An itinerary will be later published for this.
- Magic Kingdom band trip “commitment payment” due! $40 is mandatory to ensure you are going on the trip! If you don’t pay, I’m assuming you do not want to go.
- State MPA is March 20th at Seminole High School. A schedule has not been published for this event. The jazz band, Percussion ensemble, Winter Guard, and qualified solos will be performing. We are planning to take a charter bus, which will be $20 per student. Students will NOT have to pay entry fees for this event. This is happening during our spring break on a Wednesday.
- Please let me know if you have any questions!
Good evening band family! I wanted to congratulate so many of you on a fantastic week! The band was very well represented at Jazz MPA and solo and ensemble! Congratulations to all who have qualified for state s&e and mpa! Also congratulations to the pit orchestra for a wonderful run of Beauty and the Beast! The students performed 16 sold out shows for nearly 8,000 people! Im very excited to continue the good momentum into concert season! Let’s keep it up.
Here is what to look out for this week!
- Color Guard Monday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00.
- Tuesday Symphonic Band rehearsal from 2:00-4:00pm. Notice the time change from 2:30 to 2:00. This rehearsal is very important for attendance because we will have Mr. Sammons from Vero Beach High School there to work with us. Please be on time!
- Tuesday the wind ensemble will have Mr. Sammons in class, so attendance is very important for 6th period is well!
- Wind ensemble will rehearse Thursday from 2:30-4:00pm.
- We will have a band trip interest meeting on Thursday to discuss the details for this years end of the year field trip from 6-7pm in the band room. Please plan to attend!
- On Saturday the jazz band will be performing at the night of the stars ceremony at Lincoln park academy on Saturday evening. A Detailed itenerary will be published early this week.
-Pre MPA will be on Thursday the 21st at Treasure Coast High School.
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Good after noon band family!
Here are some reminders for those of you participating in Solo and Ensemble tomorrow!
- Remember that the event is taking place at St. Lucie West centennial high school! The address is: 1485 SW Cashmere Blvd, Port St. Lucie, FL 34986
- Please make sure to arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes prior to your time. I would say 45 to make sure you have enough time to warm up and find your room, etc.
- Be sure to dress professionally. Sunday best! Gentleman please wear belts!! Black dress socks, and not wrinkly clothes! Ladies may wear dresses, skirts, or dress clothes, as long as they are school appropriate.
- Make sure to have all of your materials ready!! You need to have the original copy of your solo or the score to your ensemble with measures numbered ready for your judge. You will be reading off of a copy. Bring all materials you may need (valve oil, extra reeds, etc)
- VERY IMPORTANT - if you are being accompanied by our pianist, Ryan, please please bring $50 with you tomorrow. The money will go to me, and then I will pay him all together (remember, you are paying only half, and the band is paying the other half of the fee). It is vitally that you remember to pay him. Even if you decide to back out at the last minute (which do NOT do, you’ve come this far. Just go and get some feedback on your playing ), you’re still obligated to pay him for learning your music. He is a professional musician who accompanies a lot of students, and his time is valuable! Thank you for your prompt attention on this.
- Below you will find the schedule. Remember, solo and ensemble is designed to make you better musicians and to receive great feedback from qualified judges. It’s not all about ratings. You can do this! The entries with the red dots by them are students being accompanied by Ryan.