Good morning band family! Here is the news for this week!
- Monday and Thursday there will be winter guard after school from 2:30 - 5:00pm
- Tuesday is NOT symphonic band, but jazz band instead from 2:15 - 4:00pm. Symphonic band will not rehearse this week after school.
- Percussion will rehearse on Tuesday from 4:15 - 5:30.
- The piano accompanist will be here on Tuesday from 6-9pm. There will a sheet in the band room tomorrow for students to sign up for slots to work with the accompanist. Please be ready to play with him. The accompanist is $50 to compensate for his rehearsal time. Please be prepared to pay him this by Saturday. The band will cover the performance cost.
- Wednesday is Jazz band MPA at Centennial High School. Jazz students should remember to bring a note from their parents saying it is okay to carpool with one of our student drivers or myself before Wednesday. We will have permission slips as well in class tomorrow.
- The last solo and ensemble help session will be on Thursday this week from 2-3pm. The quintet students are required to come.
- Solo and Ensemble is THIS Saturday at Centennial High School. You can find the Schedule of events below. If any student wishes to DNA (back out) of their event, they must let me know ASAP.
- There are several Pit performances. Pit students should pay attention to the calendar and the pit orchestra remind for updates and information.
- Please let me know if there are any questions!
Hello band family! Sorry for the delay on the news, this weekend was pretty busy for all of us. Thanks for your presence yesterday at the MLK parade! Thanks to all the parents who helped yesterday at the parade. Here is the news this week.
- Symphonic band practice TODAY from 2:30-4:00pm.
-Percussion rehearsal is TODAY from 4:15-5:30pm with Mr. Cromer.
- Jazz band practice on Thursday from 2:30-4:00pm.
- Winter Guard on Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm.
- Pit orchestra students have several performances this week. Pay attention to the Pit remind.
- Winter Guard practice this Saturday from 8:00am-4:00pm.
- Jazz MPA is next Wednesday at Centennial high school. Details will be discussed in class.
- Solo and ensemble is next Saturday at Centennial. I will be posting details about the event next week.
Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!
Call time tomorrow is 8:00am in the band room. 7:45 for loading crew/percussion members to begin loading the trailer. The uniform for the parade is the red band polo, jeans and comfortable tennis shoes. Due to the weather forecast being cold tomorrow, students may wear a long sleeve black or white shirt under their polo. No hoodies or jackets during the parade.
We will load the buses and depart by 8:20am. Students should be back at the school by 12:30pm. Students must have their marching instruments, And be prepared to play PSL, west side swag, and Iron Man neck.
please let me know if you have any questions.
Good evening band family! Here is the weekly news!
- This is 4 County Honor Band Week! 4 county jazz will rehearse on Tuesday and Wednesday from 6-8:30pm at the fort pierce IRSC campus in the S building! The 4 county concert bands will rehearse on Thursday night from 6-8:30pm, and Friday from 10am-6pm! Students will be excused from school. Due to the St. Lucie county not being able to provide us transportation during school transit hours, students will be responsible for their own rides to IRSC on Friday. There will be car pooling opportunities available from other students who do drive if rides are an issue. Please bring money for dinner! There will also be 4 county concert band rehearsal on Saturday from 12-3pm. The concerts are on Saturday beginning at 5:30pm with the jazz band, 7:15 for the 9/10 band , and 8:00pm for the 11/12 band.
*4 county concert band students will need their own stand for rehearsals.
-Pit orchestra will have rehearsal on Monday - Thursday from 6:00pm-9:30pm. We will need students at 5:30pm on Monday to help set up the pit in the auditorium! Pit will also have reheareal on Saturday from 12-6pm and Sunday from 1-7pm.
- Symphonic band will rehearse on Tuesday from 2:30-4:00pm
- Jazz band will be on Thursday from 2:30-4:00pm
- Winter Guard has practice on Monday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm. There will also be practice on Saturday from 8:00am-4:00pm. This is to get ready for the upcoming solo and ensemble performance on February 2nd! Students will need to bring a lunch!
- There will be solo and ensemble help sessions after school on Wednesday’s beginning this week from 2-3pm. Quintets will be required to stay!
- The MLK parade is coming up on Monday the 21st! Call time will be announced later this week! It’s usually from about 8am-12pm! If you’re playing a solo and need a piano accompaniment, you will also have an opportunity to rehearse with the pianist in the afternoon after the parade at the school!
- I know this is a lot of information! Please let me know if you have any questions!
Good afternoon band family and happy new year! I hope that you all had a wonderful winter break spent with your loved ones! I know I certainly missed you all and can not wait to get back to it this week! We will need to come back ready to move quickly because there is A LOT of important things right around the corner! Here is the what to expect for this week.
- Pit orchestra rehearsal Monday (yes, we are still rehearsing even though there is no school), and Wednesday from 6-9pm!
-Symphonic band will have after school rehearsal this Tuesday from 2:30-4:00pm.
- Jazz band will have after school rehearsal Thursday from 2:30-4:00pm.
- Winter Guard will have practice on Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm. (No practice tomorrow)
- 4 county jazz band has rehearsal TOMORROW from 6-8:30pm. This rehearsal will be held at the IRSC main campus in fort pierce on Virginia avenue in either the R or the S building. This will be confirmed tomorrow.
- Thank you to everyone who submitted their solo and ensemble ideas to me already. If you have not and have realized you would like to do s&e, you can submit your ideas by tomorrow at the absolute latest! I will need the composer, title, and grade level.
- The next few weeks will be very busy if you are involved in pit orchestra and 4 county honor band. Please be sure to check the calendar and stay updated!
- I am excited to work towards Jazz and Concert MPA with you all! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me!