Good morning, band. I am excited to be back from my absence. I apologize the delay of getting you this schedule. This Friday IS a home football game, even though it is a day off from school for the students. Please show up with your full Marching Unifrom. Show shirts will be ready (I've been promised....), you will get these to wear under your uniform. Also wear black shorts, high black socks, and dinkles.
Here is the schedule! Let's hope for beautiful weather!
5:00pm - leadership/chaperone call time.
5:15pm - student call time
5:30pm - instpection/section warm up
5:50pm - full band warm up
6:25pm - line up/march over
7:00pm - kick off
8:30pm (approx) - half time show!
9:45pm (approx) - game over - transition to band room for dismissal!
Please remember to bring your water, and EAT before the game. Have a great day!
Good afternoon and happy Sunday! I wanted to start by saying thanks to all for a great rehearsal this past Friday! We are SO close to having the whole show on the field, which is truly remarkable considering the hurdles we have faced this season. Thanks to all the wonderful parents who came to help out, I’m truly humbled by how many of you care enough to volunteer your time for the kids! We are entering our “crunch time” and will be moving full steam ahead through marching MPA on October 23rd. Keep the will and desire to be the best you can be, and we WILL be successful.
- Marching rehearsals will be on Tuesday and Thursday this week from 2:30pm-5:30pm. Attendance is very important, so let’s continue your great work with attendance.
- There is a home football game this Friday night. A detailed schedule will be published tomorrow for this game. Yes it is a day off of school, and yes we will still have the game :)
- We will be selecting what you would like to eat for the marching band showcase on October 9th. Pay attention for a Microsoft forms survey to be sent out very soon. Each meal will be $5 per student. Detailed instructions will be on the form. We will need this information by this Friday!
- Saturday will be our rehearsathon!! This will be from 9am-5pm and it will be when we put all of our finishing touches on the show! This has been on the calendar all year, and is mandatory for all members! You won’t want to miss it :) Thanks to all the parents who will be there to help out! Lunch will be provided for the band!
- looking ahead to October, there will be major performances on October 9th, 16th, and 23rd. After the 23rd, marching season will be concluded. We’re so close and have such an opportunity to truly make this a special season!
- There will be an informational meeting for students and parents, next Tuesday, October 5th from 6:30-7:30pm regarding the end of year trip we are planning! Come on out!
- If you have any questions regarding the calendar or final push of marching season, please reach out. For each Saturday event, a detailed post will be published the Sunday BEFORE the event with all info you need to know. Students will need to plan to be available all day for these events (oct 9,16,23).
Have a wonderful day!
Good afternoon, band family! Happy Sunday. I wanted to start this post by saying how much I appreciate all of you. Your hard work, dedication, and willingness to adapt is something that I do not take for granted. From the parents to the leadership and each and every band student. Thank you. I know it is frustrating to have to change plans and make things work. The effort will not go unnoticed in the end. This point of the season is always tough, but trust me when I say that you will be rewarded for your hard work. Let’s push through and make it an AMAZING second half of the season.
- Marching rehearsals will go from 2:30 -5:30!9’ Tuesday’s for the next few weeks.
- There will be a continuity rehearsal this Friday evening from 6:00pm-9:00pm. The alternate rain plan will be a 6:00pm-8:00pm full music rehearsal.
-Pass off 3 is due by Friday. Thanks to all who are keeping up with your pass offs!
- Looking ahead, October is a very busy month between competitions, football games, rehearsals, MPA, and Homecoming! Let’s make the absolute most of it and have a fantastic time doing it! Remember to appreciate each other and work together to earn the results you deserve :) let’s get it Band!!
Good afternoon and happy Monday! Here is the schedule for Friday’s football game.
We will be wearing full marching band uniforms for the first time in almost two years! We will be sizing in classes this week. Students should show up in their show shirts (sorry for the delay, it has taken a long time for the shirts to get here, students will get this week), black shorts, and marching shoes (also getting this week) with high black socks.
This Friday will also be Middle School Band Night! We will have future marching Jaguars joining us to play in the stands!
5:00pm - Chaperone and leadership call time
5:15pm - student call time
5:30pm - current band students to section areas for warm up/inspection. Middle school students to band room.
6:00pm - full band warm up with middle schoolers & high schoolers
6:30pm- March over
7:00pm - Game Begins
8:30pm - halftime (approx)
9:45pm - game ends/transition to band room for dismissal.
Good morning band family and happy Sunday. I hope you are having a nice weekend. Awesome job on Friday night! Even though the game was cancelled, you still brought the house down and “saved the night” according to some of our administrators. Can’t wait to get into the stands again this Friday! Many many thanks to all of our amazing band parents for all they are doing! We all appreciate you always going above and beyond!! Now, here is this weeks schedule
- Tuesday’s practice will be extended to go from 2:30pm- 6:30pm. This is due to a very large of lost outside rehearsal time. There will be pizza provided after rehearsal!
- There will be no rehearsal or school on Thursday due to a school holiday.
- Friday’s game will be a big night for us! We will be in FULL UNIFORM for the first time in almost two years. If there are any parents who would be able to help with uniform distribution this week, please reach out to me! This will also be the return of Middle School Band Night! We are estimating having around 25 Southport students joining us for the game! A detailed itinerary will be posted tomorrow.
- Section leaders, please send me a completed list of all who have passed off #1 and # 2. Thanks to those who have done this already.
- Shoes will be here this week. Please make sure you have paid the $30 shoe fee if you have given me your size for new marching shoes!
- There will be a parent meeting next Tuesday, 9/21, from 6:30-7:30pm. This will be regarding a few things, including an end of the year trip we are planning. Please plan on attending if you can! Students are welcome.
- Keep up the great work and keep the momentum moving forward. Hard work will always pay off in the long run. Our first competition is ONLY 4 short weeks away on October 9th. I highly encourage you to look at the band calendar to understand what we have for the next few weeks. Attendance is crucial!
Thanks and have a great week!
Here is the schedule for Friday's Home Football Game. Students will be receiving their Show Shirts this week. We will wear those, with black gym shorts (like the first game) and black tennis shoes. We are going to make next Friday, Sep. 17th our first game with full marching uniforms for the return of Middle School Band Night! Students please remember, your water, a flip folder, and all of the necessary pieces of your instrument/equipment. Students who are driving/being dropped off, must do so in the staff parking lot(behind the school).
Thank you all who have signed up to volunteer through Charms. To log into Charms, go to charmsoffice.com - The school code is pslhsband, the student ID is their 562 # the first time they log in. Once in, you will need to change your password to a permanent one, then that is what you will use to log in. Parents who would like to attend the game can purchase tickets through ticketspicket.com. Chaperones park in the staff lot behind the school. Parents attending the game must park in the student parking lot in the front of the school.
Here is the Schedule! LETS GO JAGS!
5:00pm - Leadership and Chaperone call time
5:15pm - Student call time
5:30pm - Inspection/section warm up
5:50pm - Full band warm up
6:25pm - Line up
6:30pm - March over
7:00pm - Kick off
8:15pm - Halftime (approx)
9:30pm - Game over (approx)
9:45pm - Transition back to band room/dismissal
Good afternoon, and happy Labor Day! I hope you all have enjoyed your 3 day weekend and are feeling refreshed. It’s another game week! I’m excited to work towards another awesome performance this Friday! Here is the schedule for this week!
- Tuesday and Thursday - marching rehearsal 2:30-5:00pm. Make sure you bring your water jugs! Thanks to all the parents who donated snacks and water! It is much appreciated!
- Friday will be a home football game! Call time is 5:15pm for all students. A detailed itinerary for Friday’s game will be posted tomorrow.
- Pass off #2 is due Friday for the second movement! You guys are doing great with pass offs and the show music, keep it up so we can have an amazing performance on Friday!
- Band parents, continue to sign up for volunteering spots on Charms if you have submitted your volunteer application. I’m waiting for an answer regarding the recent “no new volunteers” decision has been given out to a few of you.
Have a great night and see you tomorrow!