Good morning band family and happy Sunday. Can you already believe it’s May?? And with it being May that means we got a LOT going on soon, so read carefully :) PS- congratulations to our 2022-2023 color guard members! For the first time in many many years, we will have a 20 person color guard next year!
Monday - Band trip rehearsal 2-4pm. Required for all winds and percussionist going on the trip.
Tuesday - Symphonic band 2-4pm
Wednesday - Percussion 2-3:30pm
Thursday - Band trip rehearsal 2-4pm and color guard spectrum practice 2:30-4330pm.
Friday - BAND TRIP!! We are LEAVING at 6am, the band room will open at 5:15am to begin getting everything ready to leave. I will send out a band trip packing list tomorrow with details on what to expect for the trip! Watch out for that.
- Spectrum is NEXT WEEK! May 12th at 7pm. Tickets will be $7 each and are going on sale tomorrow via ticketspicket.com
- Band banquet is on May 21st at the Civic center in Walton road! It will begin at 6pm. Tickets are $15 for students and guests, not counting seniors, they will be free. Students can bring 3 guests to banquet. Tickets are on sale and can be purchased via cash or check at the band office! Seniors, please remember your senior slide shop pics, song you’d like to use, favorite band memory, and post graduation plans are due by Friday May 6th!
- Drumline clinics and auditions will be on the following dates - May 17th, 24th, and 31st from 5:30-7:00pm.
- Remember that leadership applications are due tomorrow! Please make sure your teacher recommendations, applications, essays, and videos (if you’re going for executive leadership) are in by the end of the day Monday! Interviews and auditions will be taking place the week after spectrum!
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
Good morning everyone, happy Sunday. I hope you all do something fun today :)
Its a busy week for the band, so please read carefully!
- Monday: Rehearsal after school 2-4 for the band trip ensemble, symphonic winds, which is all winds, brass, and percussion members going on the trip!
- Tuesday: Final WIND ENSEMBLE rehearsal before state MPA! 2-4pm.
- Wednesday: State Concert MPA! Please be in the band room by 9:00am, all wind ensemble students! We perform at 12:30pm at Vero beach high school, and will be arriving early to watch two other bands. Please bring $10 for lunch after our performance. We will need two parents to ride the charter bus with us! Please let me know if you are interested in coming. We will be back by 3pm.
- Thursday: Mr. LeBon’s final concert as a teacher! Wind ensemble students, please wear concert black and arrive to Southport by 6pm. You will need your marching and concert instruments. The concert begins at 7pm and should be over by 8:15pm! All students are encouraged to attend, especially if you had Mr. LeBon as a band director!
- Thursday: Also on Thursday, our second color guard clinic will be taking place from 5:30pm-7:30pm in the gym!
- Friday: Leadership applications are now going to be due on Monday, May 2nd. This allows you an extra weekend to get your applications done. :
Saturday: Our final color guard clinic and try out date. This will begin at 10am!
Thanks for reading! Other reminders;
-The band trip is QUICKLY approaching! May 6-8th! Hope you’re excited!
-Our end of the year Spectrum concert will be on May 12th and tickets will go on sale next week!
-Band banquet is on May 21st. Students can now pay for their tickets, and will be available to pick up the week of banquet. They will be $15 each. All students and guests will need to purchase a ticket to attend, with the exception of seniors students, who will be free! Seniors, please read the remind from last week about your senior slide show obligations. That will be due on May 6th.
Phew… I know this was a lot, but thank you for reading! Let’s have a great end of the year!
Seniors! The time is upon us! It is time to send in your pictures, song selection, and post graduation plans for the senior slide show that’s shown at band banquet! For this, please follow the simple instructions below.
1. All pics, and info should be mailed to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “your name/senior slide show”
2. Please include 8-12 pictures of you from a baby-now!
3. Select a school appropriate song that you would like to be played during your portion of the slide show
4. Include a brief write up of two things: your favorite memory from band, and what your post graduation plans are!
All of this is due by Friday May 6th!
Good morning band family! I hope you are having a great Easter Weekend! Here is the news for this week :)
- Symphonic Band Will Begin After School Rehearsal this Tuesday from 2-4pm
- There will be a Band Banquet Volunteer meeting on Zoom at 6pm on Tuesday! If you are interested in helping with decorations, food, and other general planning for this years banquet, I hope you can stop by! The meeting ID and password will be sent out over remind on Tuesday.
- Percussion will rehearse on Wednesday from 2-3:30pm
- Color guard will have after school practice for the spectrum concert this Thursday! 2:30-4:30pm. Please have at least half of your routine down!
- Wind ensemble will rehearse on Thursday from 2-4pm!
- This Friday, we will have our 2nd annual Marching Jag Challenge from 2-5pm! Stay after for an afternoon of fun as the sections of the band go head to head in some games and activities to crown the ultimate champions! More details in class.
- This Saturday we will have our first Color guard clinic sessions for next years color guard! All veterans who wish to be in guard again need to be there! This Saturday will be from 10-3pm. Please bring a lunch :)
- Reminder for wind ensemble - State MPA is coming up soon! April 27th! A detailed itinerary will be sent out this week. We perform at 12:30pm. Also, we will be participating in Mr. LeBon’s final concert on april 28th! The concert begins at 7pm, and we will have a 6:00pm call time at Southport!
Good morning band family and happy Sunday! Thanks to the Wind Ensemble students for a productive rehearsal with Mr. Hall on Friday. Also, thank you to all of our students who participated at Freshman Open House! There were some really excited future Marching Jaguars present! As we move closer towards the end of the year, there are a lot of things to think about, so always remember to check the calendar, read the news, and most importantly, ask questions if you need more clarification!
This week we have:
- Drum Major (leadership) Help Session on Tuesday AND Wednesday from 2-3pm. Anyone interested in going out for drum major, or just want to learn more about leadership, please come on out!
- Percussion Rehearsal on Wednesday from 2-3:30pm.
- Wind Ensemble rehearsal on Thursday from 2-4pm.
- Color Guard practice on Thursday from 2:30-4:30pm.
- Originally band trip forms and fees were due by April 15th, however that is a school holiday, so they will be due the day prior, on Thursday, April 14th.
- Next week, Symphonic band will begin after school rehearsals on Tuesdays.
- Color Guard Clinics/tryouts for next year's color guard will take place on April 23rd 10am-4pm (bring lunch), April 26th 5:30pm - 7:30pm, and April 30th, 10am - 4pm. All color guard students will have to participate!
- Next Friday, April 22nd, we will be hosting our Second Annual "Marching Jaguar Challenge" after school from 2-5pm! More info will be gone over in class.
- Dates to look forward to: May 6th-8th, band trip to Universal. May 12th, Spectrum Concert (info posted next week regarding tickets). May 21st, Band Banquet. Info given out next week! May 25th, PSLHS Graduation.
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Good morning everyone! Happy Sunday. Thanks to all students who have completed the survey I sent out last week. If you have not, you still can! We have a lot coming up, so make sure you’re staying tuned in to the calendar and any posts I send out :)
- Leadership packets were reviewed last week in class. Once I review this with Color Guard class tomorrow, packets will be available for students interested in applying for leadership. This is a fantastic opportunity to get some great experience in high school, so consider applying if you have any interest! I’ll also put them on here.
- Tuesday we will have drum major help session for any one interested in auditioning for drum major. This will be from 2-3. Come out even if you just want to learn about leadership!
- Clarinet section dinner is finally happening! Tuesday at Buffalo Wild Wings in Jensen! 5:30pm!
- There will be percussion rehearsal on Wednesday from 2-3:30pm.
- On Thursday, we will not be having wind ensemble, that will be on Friday in a modified schedule listed below.
- There will be freshman open house on Thursday! Call time will be 5:00pm in the band room. Leadership members are required to attend, as well as full drum line! Everyone else is highly encouraged to attend! We will be playing for incoming freshman! As well as setting up a band table!
- We will be having a slightly extended wind ensemble class on Friday. We are planning to rehearse from the start of class to 2:30pm with our guest clinician. We initially were going to rehearse after school until 5, but we had to adjust due to seniors leaving for grad bash, and our clinician is traveling from out of state! We definitely still want to rehearse with them :)
- Band trip permission forms are due on April 15th! If you need these, you can get them in the band room, and they will be put online tomorrow. Also, if you haven’t paid the trip in full, please do so before April 15th!
that’s it for this week! Take care and let me know if you have any questions.