Good evening band family!
I wanted to attach the packets for BOTH the Fall Sports Program, and the St. Lucie County Marching Band Showcase ad fundraisers. (If you were at Meet and Greet, you are aware that we are now doing TWO fundraisers that revolve around selling ads for programs). We will be doing our traditional Fall Sports Program of course, but this year we have been given the opportunity to sell ads for the FIRST ANNUAL St. Lucie County Marching Band Showcase that we will be participating in! And its super easy to do!
Instructions are as follows:
1. Attached you will find the Fall Sports Program packet, as well as the SLC Marching Band Showcase packet.
2. You will need to download both documents, and print them out. (Printing in color is an added bonus that might get you more sales!!)
3. The goal is to go around to local businesses and offer to sell ads for these programs! Go to any local business that you may know, and they will likely purchase ads. MAKE SURE TO STRESS TO THEM THAT THEY WILL BE SUPPORTING LOCAL STUDENTS AND BANDS!
4. Once you print these TWO SEPARATE PACKETS out, you may want to make some more photo copies, because you will need a new packet for each business you sell to. It will be most beneficial to copy pages 1 and 2 front and back, and pages 3 and 4 back to back because.........
5. YOU WILL FILL OUT AND LEAVE PAGE 2 WITH THE CUSTOMER! Page 3 will be filled out and turned into Mr. Wiley along with the ad itself, and the payment from the customer. The formula is the same for both packets.
6. Customers may only want to purchase an ad in one program or the other, but you should stress to them that if they purchase an ad in BOTH the Fall Sports Program AND the SLC Marching Band Showcase Program, the company will get 15% off of their total purchase!
7. In order to give the company their total cost with the 15% discount, simply multiply the total amount by .15 and then subtract that answer from the total! Simple!
For example: customer buys a full page for $100.00 in FSP and a half page for $50.00 in the SLCMBS.
step 1: 100.00 + 50.00 = $150.00 step 2: 150.00 x .15 = 22.5 step 3: 150.00 - 22.5= 127.50
Their total for BOTH ads will be $127.50!
8. Remember, this is to help support the Port Saint Lucie High School band, and through your efforts, we can achieve great things! Be aware, that the deadlines are August 4th for the FS Program and September 1st for the SLCMBS Program. Now, get out there and SELL! If you have any questions, please feel free to as Mr. Wiley!
* Side Note * For those who have already started selling ads for the FSP and wish to go back to those same companies to sell an ad for the SLCMBS, make sure you are honoring the 15% off the total purchase correctly!
A customer has already bought, and given you the money for, a full page ad for $100 in the FSP on Tuesday. On Thursday, you go back to that same customer and they agree to purchase a half page ad for $50.00 in the SLCMBS program.
step 1: 100.00 + 50.00 = 150.00 step 2: 150.00 x .15= 22.5 step 3: 150.00 - 22.5 = 127.50
NOW: since they have already paid $100.00 to you,..... step 4: 127.50 - 100.00 = 27.50.
$27.50 is what they owe you for participating in the second ad program.
**THIS ONLY APPLIES TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE SOLD ADS FOR THE 2017 FSP SINCE THE MEET AND GREET! FOR ALL NEW 2017 FSP AND SLCMBS CUSTOMERS, APPLY THE DISCOUNT NORMALLY, STATED IN STEP 7!
Below you will find the Packets. Credit to Mrs. Wiley for making the awesome St. Lucie County Marching Band Showcase Packet!
Thank you to all of those who auditioned this evening for our 2017-2018 percussion section! There were many great auditions! We hope that everyone can understand that the instrumentation and selections were decided to best fit the Port Saint Lucie High School Percussion Section, as well as the Port Saint Lucie High School Band as a whole! Thanks to everyone for auditioning! The roster will be as follows:
Center Snare: Kyle Matthews
Snare: Alaura McGonnell
Tenor Drums: Jacob Rodriguez
Bass 1: Nick D'Amato
Bass 2: Demontavious Smith
Bass 3: Robert Robinson
Bass 4: James Hooper
Front Ensemble/Cymbals: Andrew Risi
Front Ensemble/Cymbals: Daniella Camac - Opizo
Front Ensemble/Cymbals: Kaitlyn Logan
Front Ensemble/Cymbals: Tkai Ruffner
Front Ensemble; Bass Guitar: Weylin Tyre
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Mr. Wiley at email@example.com.
This will be a very strong percussion section! Thanks to all who are contributing to make it great!