Good after noon band family!
Here are some reminders for those of you participating in Solo and Ensemble tomorrow!
- Remember that the event is taking place at St. Lucie West centennial high school! The address is: 1485 SW Cashmere Blvd, Port St. Lucie, FL 34986
- Please make sure to arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes prior to your time. I would say 45 to make sure you have enough time to warm up and find your room, etc.
- Be sure to dress professionally. Sunday best! Gentleman please wear belts!! Black dress socks, and not wrinkly clothes! Ladies may wear dresses, skirts, or dress clothes, as long as they are school appropriate.
- Make sure to have all of your materials ready!! You need to have the original copy of your solo or the score to your ensemble with measures numberedready for your judge. You will be reading off of a copy. Bring all materials you may need (valve oil, extra reeds, etc)
- VERY IMPORTANT - if you are being accompanied by our pianist, Ryan, please please bring $50 with you tomorrow. The money will go to me, and then I will pay him all together (remember, you are paying only half, and the band is paying the other half of the fee). It is vitally that you remember to pay him. Even if you decide to back out at the last minute (which do NOT do, you’ve come this far. Just go and get some feedback on your playing ), you’re still obligated to pay him for learning your music. He is a professional musician who accompanies a lot of students, and his time is valuable! Thank you for your prompt attention on this.
Good evening band family! Wow, I can’t believe it’s already almost February! Time is flying. Here is the news for this week.
- Make sure you get caught up on band trip payments ASAP! We will be selecting rooms for the trip in February and everyone needs to be caught up!
- Pit, check the calendar. We have our in school shows on Tuesday and Wednesday. One on Tuesday at 10am and two on Wednesday at 7:30 and 10:30. Night shows will resume on Thursday. Great job this weekend with the first round of shows!
- Monday, percussion ensemble rehearsal 3-5:00pm.
- Tuesday, symphonic band 2:15-4:00pm. Winterguard 2:30-5:00pm.
- Wednesday, percussion rehearsal 3:00-5:00pm
- Thursday, jazz band 2:15-4;00pm
- Friday, winterguard 2:30-5:00pm.
- Satuday is S@E at centennial! All times are posted in the band room! Please make sure your music for s@e is close to being prepared!
Good evening band family! Thanks for your efforts today at the MLK parade, but you guys pushed through and did well! My apologies for being late on the news this week. I’ve been quite busy with everything going on, so I appreciate you all being patient with me! Here’s what to expect this week.
- Pit, just look at the calendar. It’s a lot. Shows start tomorrow!
- Tuesday is symphonic band from 2:15-4:00pm and winterguard 2:30-5:00pm.
- Wednesday there will be no solo and ensemble help session due to early release. However, there will be percussion rehearsal from 3:00-5:30pm.
- Thursday is jazz band from 2:15-4:00pm.
- Friday, winterguard 2:30-5:00pm.
- Saturday is a big day. We will have our piano accompanist for S&E in from 9:00am-1:30pm. A sign up sheet will be posted for all those who are playing an accompanied solo at S&E next week. You will need your music by Saturday! Also, winterguard will have practice from 1-6pm!
- Please remember to pay your Atlanta trip payments and band fees!
Good evening band family! Hope you had a nice weekend! Here is the news for this week!
- There will be Pit Orchestra rehearsal Monday- Thursday from 5:30-10:00pm. Please be there by 5:00pm on Monday to help set up the pit in auditorium.
- Four county is this week! All rehearsals will be at IRSC in fort pierce on Virginia avenue. Students are responsible for their own transportation to all rehearsals and attendance is required if you are participating. Students also must have their own stand at rehearsals (let me know if you need to borrow one.) Also, you may bring lunch on Friday or money for lunch. Here are ALL the dates to know:
- Monday and Tuesday, 6:00-8:30pm: jazz rehearsal
- Thursday, 6:00-8:30pm: concert band rehearsals
- Friday, 10am- 6:00pm: concert band rehearsals
- Saturday, 12:00pm-3:00pm: concert band rehearsals
- Saturday, 4:30pm: 4 county concerts begin (refer to
band calendar for specific start times for each
-Symphonic band will rehearse on Tuesday from 2:15-4:00pm. Attendance required for a grade.
- Winter guard will practice on Tuesday and Friday from 2:30-5:00pm.
- There will be a solo and ensemble help session if needed on Wednesday from 2-3pm.
- Jazz band rehearses on Thursday 2:15-4:00pm.
- pit orchestra will rehearse on Saturday from 12-6pm and Sunday from 1-7pm.
- The MLK parade is January 20th! Call time will be 7:30am in the band room. Full marching uniform.
- PLEASE remember to make band trip payments! At this time, the balance to be caught up is $350 per person! Thanks for staying on top of this! It will be a great trip for the kids!
- Please remember to continue paying band fees. They are past due.
Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!
Hello band family! I hope that you have all had a wonderful holiday and a happy New Year! I can’t wait to get back to school for our next semester! There are a lot of cool things coming up! Below you will find what to expect for this week as we return!
- Monday - pit rehearsal 6-9pm. Four county jazz band rehearsal at IRSC in fort pierce 6-8:30pm.
- Tuesday- symphonic band rehearsal 2:15-4:00pm. Winterguard practice 2:30-5:00pm. This is also the due date for the next Atlanta band trip payment. This is a $50 per person payment. Please stay up to date on band trip payments! Remember that these payments are non refundable. That’s what the commitment payment was for! Thanks and I can’t wait for this trip!
- Wednesday - solo and ensemble help session 2:00-3:00pm. Pit rehearsal 6:00-9:00pm.
- Thursday - jazz band rehearsal 2:15-4:00pm.
- Friday - Winter guard 2:15-5:00pm.
- Thank you all! Please refer to the calendar for everything band related! January is a busy month!