Audition date: Thursday September 6th- in class.
All students should be able to play the following scales (these are concert pitch, transpose accordingly)
G, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db, Gb, and D
* Students who wish to audition for principal chair should prepare the scales in two octaves.
All students will play selections from the half time show. Find your instrument’s requirements below:
Flute: Measures 43-52
Bb Clarinet: Measures 43-52
Alto Sax: Measures 43-52
Tuba: 31-43 downbeat
If your instrument is not included, you will not be auditioning because there is only one player per part.
Good evening Band! Hope you had a restful weekend! Here is the news for this week.
- Rehearsal Tuesday and Thursday 2:30-5:00pm. We will wear RED shirts on Thursday. Please come prepared!
-We have another home football game on Friday against Westwood! A schedule will be posted later this week.
-If you haven’t turned in your band fee, please make efforts to get that paid off! Remember, you can do this in payments.
- Pass off # 2 will be due by Friday September 7th! The pass off will be the 2nd movement for everyone, as well as Chorale 433 for the winds! The second part of the guard and Percussion pass off will be announced tomorrow! Please remember to keep up with your pass offs! This directly impacts the band!
- The 59 minute fundraiser cards will be in this Thursday! Once you get them, you must then go out and collect the money! Due dates for money will be posted in next weeks news.
- Competition uniforms are in the process of being made! If a band parent needs your size, this is why!
- Please remember your obligation to the band of practicing for 30 minutes a night! This is the BEST way to ensure we will be successful! Parents can help with this!
- If you have any questions, please let me know! See you tomorrow.
Good evening band family! Congratulations again on a wonderful first game! I am excited for another week of progress before our next game this Friday! Here is the news for this week.
-Rehearsal on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm. Make sure we are hydrating and eating before the rehearsal!! Remember, you can always ask a band Mom for snacks before we go onto the field if you haven’t eaten yet.
- Our second home game will be this Friday! Itinerary will be the same as last game. Call time 5:30pm in show shirts, black shorts and marching shoes!
-There will be a pep rally on Friday during 6th period. Call time will be announced later.
- If you paid for new marching shoes and have not given me your size yet, please see me ASAP. I will be putting in another order so we can have them for the next game.
-We will be having a parent meeting this Tuesday at 6pm! All parents are encouraged to attend! We will be discussing committees, fundraising opportunities and many other things!
- The first pass off, which is the opener and fight song played/performed by memory is due by this Thursday. If you do not pass off by then, a 0 will be placed into the grade book until you pass off. Students have until the end of the 9 weeks to replace that 0! Students can pass off to myself, a section leader, or an executive leadership member.
- Remember, ALL forms are passed due (this includes the syllabus you received in class, and the band handbook agreement). If you do not have your medical, travel, and media release forms in by Tuesday, you will not be allowed to participate in anything band related until these are signed and turned in. We will have a Notary present at Tuesday’s meeting if this is an issue.
- Band fees are passed due. Please make sure you are caught up with your payments! Fees $175 for fees+ $25 for competition uniform. $30 for shoes if you need them. $10 for polo if you need it.
-Due to the wonderfully overwhelming response of volunteers wanting to be involved it is necessary to create a chaperone schedule(rotation) for football games/events. Parent's if you are interested in being able to chaperone these football games/events please take the time to look at your calender and the band calender and let Vicky Matthews know what events you are available to help with. Be prepared to provide this information at Tuesday nights meeting. While everyone is welcome to attend band events by purchasing tickets, only the scheduled approved chaperones/volunteers will be able to enter with the band. If you have questions feel free to contact Vicky Matthews at 772-209-8838 via text or call.
- Remember to keep practicing! Let’s make this the best band PSLHS has ever had! It’s up to YOU!
Here is the schedule for Friday’s football game! Uniform will be decided later in the week.
5:30pm: call time in band room in uniform
5:45pm: inspection by section leaders in section areas. Make sure to have water, instrument, music, and be dressed appropriately. You will not be able to participate in the game if you can’t pass the inspection.
5:50pm: warm up in section areas
6:10pm: full band warm up in band room
6:30pm: line up
6:35pm: march over
6:50pm: national anthem
7:00pm: kick off
8:00pm: half time (approx)
9:15pm: end of game(approx)
9:45pm: dismissal (approx)
Make sure you eat before the game! If you need to stay after school until the game, I will be here in the band room.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Good evening band! Happy first day of school! I hope you’re excited for a new year! Here’s what to expect this week in band!
- Marching band rehearsal, Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:30pm. Bring a comfortable change of athletic clothing for rehearsal after school! Remember to hydrate always!
- We will be having our first pep rally and home football game this Friday! The pep rally will be during 7th period and the football game Itinerary will be posted tomorrow! Attire will be announced during classes.
- Remember that rehearsals and performances (pep rallies, games, etc.) are a required part of our curriculum and is graded on attendance! This will all be covered when we go over class room syllabi during your classes!
- We will be participating in the 59 minute fundraiser this Tuesday at marching practice! Please remember to fill out the “supporters list” and have by your first band class with me! It’s super simple and it helps out your band trumendously!
-Your first marching music pass off will be discussed in your classes as well! These pass offs will occur throughout the 9 weeks and could as your test grades! But DONT WORRY, if you’re participating and playing your part as a great band member, these will be no problem! 👍
- Marching shoe sizes will be taken tomorrow and Tuesday in class. Please make sure you get measured if you paid for marching shoes this year!
Get some rest tonight and have a wonderful first day! I’m glad that most of you have already developed such great friendships before the school year has even started. This is one of the many great things about high school band!
Hey band! As I said at rehearsal, here is the “supporters list” for our fundraiser on Tuesday! For now, all I need you to do is print and fill out before your first band class with me! Super easy first grade! We will use these on Tuesday to call people!
Good evening band family! Thanks to all for a successful band camp! I hope you all had a great time! Get some rest and remember to hydrate before Tuesday’s rehearsal!
Here is the first news update of the school year!
- We will have two rehearsals this week. Tuesday from 6-9pm, and Thursday from 4:30-8:30pm. Both rehearsals are mandatory and are equally as important to band camp! Please remember to show up in athletic clothing.
- We will be performing BEFORE the open house on Wednesday evening. The bands call time will be 5:00pm in the band room. Uniform will be announced at rehearsal. This is a fun opportunity for us to pump up incoming jaguars as they enter the gym! One of the many reasons why a band is important!
-Remember, we will be hosting a DCI finals viewing night this Saturday evening! Time will be announced at rehearsal. Entrance is 5 dollars to pay for your pizza cost! Money will be due on thursdays rehearsal.
- PLEASE remember to participate in the Fall Sports Program fundraiser. Ads will be due this Thursday! It’s super easy to pariticipate and it directly helps YOUR band. Instructions can be found on this site under “announcements.”
-Remember to PRACTICE!! Just because camp is over doesn’t mean it isn’t important to get better. The season is JUST starting!
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to email me at email@example.com or ask your section leaders/executive leadership members!