Good evening band! Congratulations again on an incredible rehearsal and marching season so far. We MUST continue to work hard to become the champions that we want to be!
-Marching rehearsal this Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:30! Please note the extension of rehearsal.
- There is a home football game this Friday. An itinerary will be posted early this week.
- If you have not been fitted for your uniform yet, PLEASE see Mrs. Matthews before Tuesday’s practice.
- We will be voting for homecoming representatives this week in classes. We will have 1 male and 1 female representative.
- Our next fundraiser will be a share it night at Zaxbys in Jensen on October 8th from 4-9pm! Remember to say you’re with the band and a percentage of proceeds will be donated to us!
- Discount card money is WAY past due. Please sell your cards and bring me the money ASAP! I will be reaching out to people who have not brought money this week.
- Please remember the absence policy. Students will NOT be excused unless they have turned in an absentee form AND had their reason approved. Extreme emergencies or illnesses will justify an excused absence as well.
- Please keep up with Pass offs! Pass off #3 is due by this Friday! The material is the 3rd and 4th movement.
-Band hoodies and lettermen jackets will go on sale starting tomorrow! Money will be due by October 8th! You can get forms in the band room.
- Lets keep up the GREAT work! Crown jewel is less than 2 weeks away, Show case in 3 and MPA in 4! Let’s show them what we can do!
Hello band fam! Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Congrats again on an awesome rehearsal this past Friday! It was awesome to see you all working so hard to make our show great! Here is the news for this week!
- Marching rehearsal on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm. Please wear red on Thursday!
- Friday is an “optional rain rehearsal” from 6-9pm. An announcement will be made on Tuesday whether or not this rehearsal will be happening.
- Saturday is our “rehearsathon”!! This will be a band camp like rehearsal from 8:00am-4:00pm! Snacks will be provided, but please pack a lunch! Remember to hydrate to get yourself ready!!
-Please keep up with your pass offs! Pass off 1 and 2 are past due. Pass off 3, which will consist of the 3rd AND 4th movement together will be due by October 5th.
- Discount card money is due! Please turn this in ASAP!
- Please keep in mind that there is a lot coming up within the next few weeks. Here’s what to look out for: Homceoming week - 10/8-10/12, Crown Jewel - 10/13, Marching Showcase - 10/20, Marching MPA - 11/3.
- We will be having a Zaxbys fundraiser on October 8th from 4-9pm! All you have to do is eat at Zaxbys during that time, say you’re with the PSL band and we will get a percentage of the earnings that night!
If you have any questions, please let me know!
Hello all! Here is the itinerary for tomorrow! The uniform is the same as the other games. Show shirt, SOLID black gym shorts, marching shoes and high black socks. We will be distributing new water jugs tomorrow. Please remember to EAT before the game.
4:00pm: call time
4:15pm: Mini rehearsal in lot
5:10pm: transition to Section areas for inspection/warmups
5:30pm:transition to march over
7:150pm: half time (approx)
8:45pm: game ends (approx)
Please remember to come prepared! If you are staying after school, please remember the ground rules we discussed Thursday about not wondering the halls! We must always be respectful of our facilities! See you tomorrow!
Hello all, here is the seating order for the wind ensemble based on your auditions. Please note: please note, this list is based purely on seating order auditions. If you wish to change your chair, please feel free to challenge!
* - principal chair
* Angela Hines
Daniela Camac - Opizo
1st Bb Clarinet
* Jocelyn Ravenscroft
2nd Bb Clarinet
1st Alto Sax
2nd Alto Sax
1st French Horn
2nd French Horn
3rd French Horn
4th French Horn
3rd (bass trombone)
-Congrats to all on completing their auditions. This is certainly a nerve racking process, but is very necessary. Please remember that we offer “challenges” in this band. Challenge forms can be found in the band room. These forms have the rules for challenging printed on them.
Hello all, the deadline to nominate students to attend the tristate honor band festival at FSU is quickly approaching.
This is a nomination based honor band. Only juniors and seniors are eligible for this.
Here are the requirements to be eligible for nomination:
-ability to pay the $250 participation fee.
- you must write a 5 paragraph essay explaining why you should be nominated, due to Mr. Wiley by September 17th.
- You must demonstrate the following scales on your instrument by September 17th: Bb, Ab, Eb, F, C, G, D
Only 5 Students may be nominated per school!
A great pillow does improve sleep - it's a fact! Everyone needs a supportive bed for their head!
Our pillow fundraiser is this Tuesday! You and your friends can sleep better this Tuesday night. Every purchase helps our band! Students earn free pillows! There are bonus multipliers so everyone's participation counts and every pillow sold counts! 1 out of 3 people buy a pillow every year, we need to find them and invite them to the school.
As a reminder, this is what you can do to help the students:
Go to www.paramountpillows.com - Ask family, friends and coworkers to do the same.
- Share the "time to buy" flyer with family and friends. (see pasted below)- Look at the amazing selection, reviews, quality and facts. - These pillows are offered below retail and online prices! Go compare!- People can purchase now using promo code JAGUAR for 5% off and pick up at the school this Tuesday, Sept. 11th.- Another way to buy is at the school this Tuesday, September 11th, 4pm - 7pm, using the promo code online and take them home that day!
Again, here are important things to know and share:
- At www.paramountpillows.com - you will find event and incentive flyers to text, post, print, social media, etc.
- A pillow testing area will be set up at the school for people to experience the comfort and to help make a selection.- For every 3 pillows of any style purchased under a band student's name, the student will receive (1) free $50 shredded gel dough pillow! There are no free pillow limits and they do not have to be on the same order.
Good evening band family! Here is the news this week.
-Marching rehearsal Tuesday from 2:30-5:00pm and Friday from 6:00-9:00pm. No rehearsal Thursday, it has been cancelled because of the newly added home game!
- Our pillow fundraising people will be at PSLHS on Tuesday from 4:00pm-7:00pm! Please remember to SHARE the information! People can order pillows online and pick them up Tuesday (or just buy them there). Check the public Facebook page “Port Saint Lucie High School Band” for all the details regarding benefits YOU can earn and how this helps the band!
- Pass off 1 and 2 are past due. Please keep up with Pass offs!
- There will be a home football game THIS Thursday. Kick off will be 6:00pm not 7. Call time will be 4:30pm. An itinerary will be posted this week!
- For rehearsal Friday, call time will be 5:00pm for winds and Percussion so Mrs. Matthews and Ms. Morris can complete what they need to do for the competition uniforms!
-Percussion will have sectionals from 5:00-6:00pm after every Tuesday rehearsal. These are MANDATORY. If you miss on Tuesday, you will have to make the sectional up on Thursday. If you miss that, you will not be eligible to March the following home game.
THIS WEEK, since we have a game on Thursday, if you miss the sectional on Tuesday, you will need to make the sectional up with Kyle and Andy at some point before the game on Thursday to be eligible to March!
- Additional show shirts will be in this week for parents that have paid for them but not received them yet.
- Please let me know if you have any questions!
Good afternoon band family! Hope you all had a nice 3 day weekend despite the bad weather! Here is the news for this week!
- Rehearsal Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm. We will also be having rehearsal on Friday from 6-9pm! Red shirts required on Friday! Please make sure to eat BEFORE this rehearsal!
- discount cards for the 59 minute fundraiser are in the band room! Please pick yours up ASAP! Money will be due by Monday 9/10/18
- Band polos are in for students who purchased a polo! Come and get them in the band room tomorrow morning!
- Pass off #2 is due by this Friday! Please check the board for pass off information!
- Our pillow fundraiser will take place Tuesday, September 11th from 4-7pm at the school ! Please make sure you are sharing the flyer with your friends and family! If they have pre ordered on paramountpillows.com, they will be able to pick their pillows up on the 11th! You can also purchase pillows right at the event! Remember, this is successful if you SHARE it! You never know who will be interested in a really great product!
- Looking ahead: please look at the calendar for all upcoming rehearsals, games, and events!
Let me know if you have any questions!