Good afternoon band family! I hope you are all having a great start to your thanksgiving break! Remember to enjoy time with the ones you love and relax! You've all earned it after a superior marching season!
Below you will find the link to sign up for Gift Wrap Booth Shifts. On the document, you will be able to navigate the days and shifts throughout the month of December. Its easy, just click the day you're able to work, find a shift that works for you (times listed) and type your name next to a number slot! There are 2 adults and 4 students per shift! Please keep in mind, every shift that has students signed up MUST have approved St. Lucie County Volunteers signed up as well.
I am able to monitor all activity on this document at all times. Please only sign up for shifts if you KNOW you can work them. Do not sign up, and then erase last minute, because I will be notified. Do NOT erase other people's names to write your own. This will result in disciplinary action. Remember that all students must work at least two shifts, and a maximum of 5 shifts.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Hello all! I hope you’re enjoying the cooler weather as we move closer to holiday season! Thanks again for a wonderful outing at the Santa’s wonderland parade! Here is what to expect in the weeks coming up!
- There are three winter guard clinic dates, on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday of this week! All from 2:30-5:00pm! If you plan on participating in winter guard, please come to these! Guard fundamentals will be taught for all, especially for the band students interested in trying out! Dress in athletic clothing and tennis shoes!
-Symphonic band rehearsal will be on Tuesday from 2:15-4:00pm! We will be covering all the music for the winter concert with the full band, please plan on being in attendance. All rehearsals are for a grade.
- There will be pit rehearsal on Tuesday from 6-8pm.
- Wednesday night we will have our annual gift wrapping lesson! Come on out from 6-7pm if you’re interested in learning how to wrap presents like a pro!!
- I will be absent on Thursday and Friday of this week due to a sinus surgery. Classes will be happening as normal, being lead by the leadership.
- When we return from thanksgiving break, there are a few important deadlines to observe.
1. Atlanta band trip payment #4 is due, $100 per person. This will put everyone’s balance up to $300 to be caught up.
2. Four county honor band $25 fee due. This is for students who were selected to participate in the honor band in January at IRSC. Please be prepared to pay this fee in a timely fashion as we have to submit the full payment to IRSC shortly after.
- The Festival of Lights parade at the civic center is December 7th at 5pm!
-Our winter concert is December 12th! Tickets will be $5 a person. Children under 5 free.
Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!
Hello all, here is the schedule for this Saturday's Parade at Bass Pro Shops (2250 SW Gatlin Blvd, Port St. Lucie, FL 34953). We have been asked to lead the parade for the arrival of Santa Clause for their annual "Santa's Wonderland" that lasts all the way until Christmas. This is a large community event that usually brings in a large crowd! Students will wear their marching uniform (no hats or gloves). Holiday themed hats and decorating your instrument is encouraged.
3:30pm: Jazz Band Call time (meet at the trailer in front of the store)
4:00pm: Rest of band call time ( Meet behind the store) I will be there to show you where to go.
4:15pm: Jazz band plays
4:50pm: Jazz Band ends and goes to meet the rest of the band.
5:00pm: Parade steps off
5:30pm: Parade ends/load trailer. Students will be dismissed after the trailer is loaded.
Hello all! Below you will find the results for four county honor band! There is a $25 honor band fee per student that will be due by December 2nd. This is required by IRSC, not pslhs. Please remember, if you turned a form for nomination, you were committing yourself to participating. If you back out, you will be keeping someone else from going because you were nominated over them. Thanks for understanding.
9th and 10th grade band:
11th and 12th grade band:
Good afternoon band family, and happy Veterans Day! Thanks to those who have served and are serving our country!
Here is what the expect for this week!
- Full Symphonic band rehearsal Tuesday from 2:15pm-4:00pm.
- Pit orchestra rehearsal Tuesday from 6-8pm.
- Percussion rehearsal on Thursday from 3:00-5:00pm
- Saturday we will have our Santa’s wonderland parade at bass pro shops! An itinerary will be posted tomorrow with more details. Students will meet at bass pro in their marching uniforms at 3:30pm. The jazz band will play at 4pm and the full marching jaguars will step off at 5:00pm leading Santa and Mrs Claus for their arrival!
- Please remember to be paying off your band fees. This is the ultimate priority, BEFORE making more payments for the Atlanta trip.
- Atlanta band trip payment #4 is on December 2nd, which will be $100 per person.
thanks and let me know if you have any questions!
Hello all, thank you very much for auditioning for the Pit Orchestra for Disney's Mary Poppins. Below you will find the roster for the orchestra. Rehearsals begin next Tuesday night. Attendance at all rehearsals is Mandatory! See you all Tuesday!
Reed 1:: Angela Himes, Adrianna Perfetti
Reed 3: Devon Barbour, Elizabeth Roth, Royce Ivey
Trumpet 1: Matthew Marquez, Angelyssa Linton
Trumpet 2: Saryna Boone, Sebastian Marquez
French Horn 1: Isaac Roman
French Horn 2: Madison Dipiazza
Trombone 1: Tyler White
Trombone 2: Kevin Li
Percussion: Crystal Lopez, Kyle Matthews, Andy Risi
Drum set: Demontavious Smith
Hello Band Family. Congrats on making the best of some unfortunate weather last Friday night! Both bands seemed to have a great time. Here is the news for this week:
- Pit Orchestra auditions are Tuesday night from 6-8pm. Students interested should play a lyrical, technical, and their full range chromatic scale for their audition. Rehearsals for pit begin next week.
- There will be a gift wrap booth informational meeting for anyone interested on Thursday from 6-7pm. This is not where we teach you how to wrap presents, just a meeting to generate ideas to have another successful booth!
- Band trip payments 1, 2, and 3 are now past due. All people going should be paid up to $200 to be caught up.
- Please remember to be paying off all band fees!
- Next week we will back into the swing of rehearsals as we prepare for our winter concert/parades.
- Our first holiday parade will be on November 16th at Bass Pro Shops. We will be marching in the arrival of Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus for their annual "Santa's Wonderland". If you've never been, its quite the event! The jazz band will be playing a while before the parade, and then the full Marching Jaguars will lead in the festivities! This will be taking place around 4-6pm. An itinerary will be posted this week.
- Thanks to all for the amazing efforts to make it a successful year so far! Lets keep up the great work.
Hello, here is the chair order for symphonic band based on auditions. Please remember you may challenge if you are not happy with your seat.
*= first chair player
Mikayla Von Stein
Brian Vega- Hernandez