4:00pm - call time in band room
4:15pm - inspection/load trailer
4:45pm - load buses
5:00pm - depart for South County Stadium
5:30pm - arrive/unload
5:45pm - free food provided by Centennial athletics
6:15pm - warmup in sectionals
6:30pm - full band warm up
6:40pm - transition to stands
7:00pm - kickoff
9:30pm - game ends (approx)/post game performance
10:00pm - load buses(approx)
10:45pm - arrive at pslhs (approx)
Hello band! This Saturday is Marching MPA at Jensen Beach High School! You will need to bring money for dinner at the concessions booth. A menu will be posted in the bandroom. Bring at least $10 to be safe! Here is the schedule for the day.
11:00am - Call time in band room. Please come in band underwear
11:15am - transition to field for short rehearsal/run-through
12:15pm - transition back to band room and begin to load truck
12:30pm - leadership meeting in auditorium
1:00pm - senior send offs to band
1:30pm - load buses
1:40pm - depart for JBHS
1:50pm - arrive at JBHS
2:00pm - begin to unload truck/bathroom/change into uniform
3:20pm - line up for warm up
3:35pm - warm up time
4:05pm - transition to field
4:20pm - Perform FOR THE LAST TIME!!
4:30pm - transition to buses/load truck
5:00pm - dinner at concessions
7:00pm - watch bands (jensen, martin county, treasure coast, okeechobee, vero, sebastian)
9:00pm - Ratings
9:30pm - load buses
10:00pm - arrive at PSLHS/unload/dismiss
Get excited Jags! Its time to show everyone what we're made of and how awesome of a season we have had!
Good evening band, and happy LAST WEEK OF MARCHING SEASON!! This is an awesome week because we get to make our final push towards MPA on Saturday, which will be a final representation of everything we’ve worked so hard for this season! Here’s what to expect this week:
- Rehearsal Tuesday and Thursday - 2:30-5:30pm. Red shirts Thursday.
- 4 county honor band forms will be due to me by the end of Tuesdays marching practice at the latest! Please keep in mind, there is a $15 fee if you are chosen for 4 county!
- Friday will be our final game of the season. It will be an away game against centennial. Call time will be 4:30pm in the band room in normal game attire.
- Saturday is Marching Band MPA at Jensen beach high school! An itinerary/information post will be posted by Tuesday! Please plan to have your entire day available!
- Please remember to turn in your band fees and fundraiser money! You will be placed on the obligation list if this is not taken care of.
- Stay tuned for updates on the band calendar soon!
- Please let me know if you have any questions!
Good evening! Congrats to all on a successful marching showcase this weekend! We got some great feedback that will help us as we progress to MPA in two weeks!
Here’s the news this week:
-Rehearsal, Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:30pm!
- Please continue to pay your band fees and fundraiser money! These are way past due.
- Beauty and the Beast Pit auditions will be on Tuesday November 6th from 6pm-8pm. The audition will include the following: lyrical musical selection, technical musical selection, full range chromatic scale, and sight reading! Please see me if you have any questions!
-4 county honor band forms will be available to pick up in the band room starting tomorrow! Please pick one up if you wish to participate in 4 county this January!
- Congrats to Michael Elvidge and Gabriel Bailey, who were selected to participate in the Tri-State Band festival this December at Florida State University!
Thanks and and let me know if you have any questions!
Call time for showcase is 12:30pm on Saturday.
- Please wear the same outfit as crown jewel.
- Gates open at 6:00pm. Tickets are $7 at the gate. Children under 5 are free. Our performance time is 7:15pm.
- We will be back home by 9:30-10pm.
- $5 for concessions booth is due to Mr. Wiley. The options are pizza meal or hot dog meal. Both with chips and a drink.
- We will have snacks and water for students at the event as well.
Please spread the word about this event! It is at Lawnwood Stadium in Fort Pierce.
Hello band! Again, congratulations on a FANTASTIC experience at Crown Jewel! You really put the PSLHS’ name back on the map! I can’t wait to see what we can do in these next three weeks as we close out marching season!
Heres what to expect this week:
- Rehearsal on Tuesday and Thursday 2:30pm-5:30pm.
- Wear red shirt on Thursday
- Senior night/8th grade band night will be THIS Friday at the football game. SENIORS, please email or text me the following by this Wednesday morning: Your name, what you play, who is escorting you across the field, plans for the future, and one favorite moment at pslhs. More details will be posted on Wednesday for this night!
- Saturday is the St. Lucie County Marching Band Showcase! Your call time will 12:30pm in the band room on Saturday. We will be discussing food options in classes and at practice! We can expect to be back at school by 10:00pm.
- Please make sure to turn in all band fees/59 minute fundraiser money! These are past due!
- Keep up the great work! Marching season is winding down, but it’s time to take it to a level we’ve never expected! There are a lot of exciting things coming up after marching season, so stay tuned!
Here is the schedule for crown jewel this Saturday! Please review carefully. You will need to bring money for lunch at the concessions booth and for dinner at the mall food court if we make Finals. The concessions menu will be hung in the band room. I would bring approximately $20 to cover food costs.
- 6:45am call time in band room in show shirt, black gym shorts, high black socks, and water.
- 7:30am - depart pslhs
- 8:30am - arrive at vero beach high school
- 8:45 - change into uniform/ unload truck/trailer
- 9:25 - transition to warm up
- 9:40 - warm up
- 10:10 - leave warm up
-10:30 - perform
- 10:45 - load instruments/take off uniforms/snack and water break/ use bathroom
- 11:15 - transition to stands
-11:30 - watch Jensen and sea breeze
- 12:00 - lunch on campus
-1:15 - watch remaining bands in stands
- 3:15 - awards/results
IF WE MAKE FINALS
- 4:00pm - load busses for mall food court (approx)
- 4:30pm - dinner at mall
-5:15pm - load busses
- 6:00pm - arrive at vero beach high school, unload and change into uniform
- warm up TBA
- Awards 10:15pm
- 11:00pm - depart vero beach high school
- 12:00am - arrive at pslhs, unload, and dismiss
If We don’t make Finals
- 4:00pm - load busses and depart for pslhs
-5:00pm - arrive at pslhs, unload
-5:30pm - dismiss
Lets have an amazing last week of practice before our first competition! Can’t wait to show everyone what we are made of!
Let me know if you have questions.
Good evening band and happy Homecoming/crown jewel week!! Let’s make it happen! Here’s what to expect
- Hoodie and Jacket Money is due TOMORROW!
- Showcase presale ticket deadline has been extended to Wednesday.
- Rehearsal Tuesday and Thursday 2:30-5:30pm. Wear red Thursday.
- Homecoming parade/jag challenge this Wednesday! Students will stay after school. The parade steps off around 5 but we will begin to transition to village green around 3:00pm. Students will wear band polos, jeans, and comfortable sneakers. You can expect to be released around 8:00pm.
- Friday night is the homecoming football game! We will be marching our show POST GAME! We will be performing for the homecoming court during half time.
- Crown Jewel is THIS SATURDAY! A very detailed itinerary will be posted tomorrow, but you are obligated to this event ALL DAY.
- Our Zaxbys fundraiser is tomorrow from 4pm-9pm! Show up and order a delicious meal and say you’re with the pslhs band! A percentage of the proceeds will be donated to the band!
- Please keep up with Pass offs!
- Discount card money is way past due. Thanks to those who have been turning the money in. Many of you haven’t though. Get it in ASAP.
- Band fees are due. Please work on paying your fees.
- Remember to hydrate and get enough sleep! Take care of yourselves! No more injuries!!
- Thanks to the AWESOME band parents who made the uniforms possible!!