Good morning band family! I’m so excited to see you all and get back to “being the band director” full time. Thank you so much to the amazing students who cooperated and allowed me to have this incredibly valuable time with Jolene. I’m excited to come back and give you my all! Here’s what to expect this week.
- we are setting up the gift wrap booth tonight!! It would mean a lot to have some students and parents show up to help. 5pm at the school then 6pm at the mall (ruby tuesdays entrance). Thanks!
- There will be symphonic band rehearsal Tuesday from 2-4pm. Attendance required
- Wind ensemble and jazz band will rehearsal on WEDNESDAY this week. Wind ensemble 2-4, jazz band 4:15-5:30. The only reason we are rehearsing Wednesday this week is because I will be away on Thursday and Friday with Isaac and Adrianna for the Tri - State honor band. Attendance for rehearsal is required!
- Color guard will practice on Tuesday and Thursday 2:30-5:00pm.
- The gift wrap booth sign up sheet is out! Check it and sign up when you’re able to help! We will go over this in more detail in class. You can find the sign up document on the post right before this one in the announcements tab.
- Our winter concert is on December 16th! Tickets will be just $5 each and will go on sale this week! It’ll be a fun concert!
Thanks for everything and I’ll see you tomorrow!
Good evening band family! I hope you have all been having a wonderful thanksgiving break! I can’t wait to get back to the band full time this Monday! We will be getting ready for our awesome winter concert!
December brings us a most exciting time: Gift Wrap Booth season!! Students will make their triumphant return to the booth this year after 2020’s hiatus! Here’s what you need to know for the Booth!
- We will be setting the booth up tomorrow evening! If you are able to help (we could use several students to help load up at the school and unload at the mall). We will meet at 5:00pm at pslhs to load the trailer up, and will be at the mall by 6:00pm. If you could come by either, please do so! Candy can be offered to students willing to help.
- The way we will sign up for shifts is super easy. Just use the following link to sign up for the days and times that work for you! If you use a phone, you will need to download the google docs app to access the document. On a computer, you can just click the link. We encourage all students to participate!
- Thanks for helping out with the booth!! It’s a lot of fun, and helps the band a TON. If you have any questions, please shoot me an email!
Good afternoon band family, and happy Sunday! I am beyond thankful for the incredible support and love my family and I have received from you over the past few days. It is clear to me that I have the best job in the world, teaching the best students in the world, while working with the best band parents in the world. Even though I will be mostly out of school most of November, don’t fret. The show will go on. Jolene is my daughter, but you are all my kids! And I will be here for you.
- There will be symphonic band (3rd period, and any wind ensemble/percussion students also participating) rehearsal on Tuesday after school from 2-4pm. This will be graded and mandatory, so please plan on attending.
- Winter guard begins this Tuesday! 2:30-5:00pm. This is required for all guard members, and is open to any band students who’d like to participate! See myself, Mrs, Leblanc, or the guard captains for info.
- There is no school Thursday.
- There will be a home playoff football game this Friday! No show, just like last game! Let’s have some fun and support the jags.
- Our band parent and student meeting will be rescheduled for Tuesday, Nov 16 from 6-7pm. It’s highly encouraged that you intend to learn about the gift wrap booth fundraiser and end of year band trip!
- I will be in school all day next Tuesday and Thursday (16th and 18th), as well as at the after school rehearsals.
Thanks and take care! Have a great week.
Good afternoon everyone. First off, I want to say thanks to all of you who have reached out to me to make sure that everything was okay. I appreciate the support. Mom and baby are fine, but Jolene is playing tricks on us this week. She gave us reason (on two occasions over the past two days) to believe she was truly ready to make her grand appearance, and alas, nothing yet. However, the doctors said that true labor can begin at any moment, so I’d like to give an update to the rest of the week.
- I am planning on being in school tomorrow and Friday.
- We are still planning on having wind ensemble rehearsal after school from 2-4pm, and a band family meeting at 6pm.
- Mr. Cromer is planning on having pit rehearsal Thursday from 6-8pm. I will talk to these people directly tomorrow, but you should know if you’re included in this.
- The home game is on for this Friday, with or without me there! I trust that you guys can kill it, but I’m hoping to be there.
- Seniors, hopefully you got your form for senior night from Elizabeth or Ms. Malone. Please return these to me by Friday at lunch time.
- Stay tuned for cancellations or changes to tomorrow’s schedule. Friday should stay the same regardless. Things will only change if “it’s happening”
Take care and have a good evening.