Solo and Ensemble will be held THIS Saturday at Westwood High School. Please be aware of the following:
1. Please make sure you have your instrument! I will be in the band room until 2:15pm on Friday if you need to get it. I will then be returning to the band room at 6:30pm before the musical on Friday
2. Make sure that you have the ORIGINAL copy of your solo/ensemble with the MEASURES NUMBERED. This is what you will hand your judge upon entering the room.
3. Please remember to dress nicely. "Sunday best" is appropriate. Gentlemen must wear a dress shirt, tie and dress slacks with a BELT and dress shoes. (black dinkles will be fine if you don't have dress shoes). Ladies, any appropriate dress attire is acceptable. Something you would wear to a nice dinner. NO tennis shoes, flip flops, t shirts or shorts acceptable.
4. Please be aware of your performance time, and plan to arrive at least 45 minutes in advance to ensure you will have time to warm up appropriately.
5. Plan to go to your judges room at least 10 minutes before you play.
6. I will be at Westwood High School at 8:00am
7. You can find your rating posted in the ratings board typically about 30 minutes after you play.
8. GOOD LUCK! Eat a banana! (Seriously, it helps with nerves, look it up), and perform great!
9. Ask me if you have any questions. The address to Westwood is:
1801 Panther Ln, Fort Pierce, FL 34947
Here is the schedule for jazz mpa this Wednesday!
1:41 - meet in band room/Change into uniform/have a brief warmup/sound check
2:30- load cars/trailer
2:45 - Depart PSLHS for Westwood
3:15 - unload equipment
4:00 - listen to treasure coast
4:30 - listen to Palm Point
5:00 - set up for warm up
6:00 - perform
6:30 - clinic with fort pierce jazz and blues society
7:00 - load equipment and depart back for PSL. You may be picked up from Westwood. Once we are finished with the performance, you are not required to go back to PSL. Students are responsible for their own transportation.
Good evening band family! I hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to an exciting week coming up!
- This is Jazz MPA/ Solo and Ensemble week! A schedule for jazz mpa will be published tomorrow! The band performs at 6:00pm at Westwood high school! S&E is going to be held at Westwood high school as well, but on Saturday! Make sure you check with me if you are unsure of your times for S&E. A separate S&E post will be made tomorrow.
- We will have jazz band rehearsal on Tuesday from 2-4pm.
-Winter guard will have practice on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:00- 5:00pm. There is a chance for a possible Friday practice this week. Please be flexible because this will allow you more time in the gym! Stay tuned on the guard page.
*SOME THINGS FOR THE FUTURE*
-There will be a band trip informational meeting NEXT Tuesday evening, 2/6/18 from 6-7pm. This is for any and all students and parents who are interested in going on our spring band trip in may.
- Symphonic band rehearsals will begin NEXT week after school. Please check calendar.
-Pre-Mpa Festival (hosted by us at PSLHS) on February 15th. More info on this soon.
-Band Family Dinner concert on February 27th.
-Southport and southern oaks middle school recruiting concerts at the end of February. More info soon!
If if you have any questions, just ask me!
Great job at the parade yesterday! You sounded great and represented the community well! Thanks for your hard work to make it through! Here's the news for this week:
- Jazz band rehearsal after school Tuesday and Thursday; 2-4pm
- 4 County jazz rehearsal Tuesday and Wednesday night; 6:30-8:30pm
- Color guard practice Tuesday and Thursday; 2:30-5pm
- 4 county concert band rehearsal (9/10 AND 11/12) Thursday night from 6pm-9pm. All students who were selected are required to go and must bring a stand. You will be responsible for your own transportation to this rehearsal. It will be at the fort pierce main campus of Indian River State College on Virginia Avenue.
- 4 county rehearsal Friday from 10am - 6pm. We will be taking a bus from school to IRSC and back at the conclusion of the rehearsal. Please bring money to pay for dinner! Classes will be excused.
- Solo and ensemble is fast approaching. Remember, we have help sessions after school on wednesdays from 2-3. Quintets are required to stay after this Wednesday. If your solo has a piano part, I need it ASAP to give to the accompanist.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Parade date is Monday, January 15th! Please show up in your show shirt, black gym shorts, HIGH BLACK socks, and marching shoes. Same attire as games or competitions. Please make sure to have your flip folder, and music for Respect.
7:45am - call time in the band room/change into marching uniforms/load instruments.
8:05 - inspection
8:15 - load busses/depart
9:00am - arrive/warm up/line up
10:00am - Parade steps off
11:00am - Parade ends
11:45am - Arrive back at PSLHS
12:00pm - Dismiss
**** PLEASE DRINK PLENTY OF WATER BEFORE MONDAY! It will be a long parade and you will need to be fully hydrated! There will be water passed around during the parade but it will not be enough for you to drink a whole bottle of. Just a few sips here and there while we're marching. There will be water and snacks provided after the conclusion of the parade!*****
Let me know if you have any questions!
Good evening band family! Hopefully you all are recharged after a long break! Here's what to look out for as we come back to school and band!
- Pit orchestra rehearsal Monday AND Tuesday night from 6-9pm. Please come prepared, ready to work with the cast!
- Jazz band rehearsal on Tuesday and Thursday after school from 2-4pm. Jazz Band mpa is on January 31st! (Whoa...)
- Winter guard will have practice on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5pm. There will also be a Saturday practice this Saturday from 8am-4pm! This has been on the calendar!
- 4 county JAZZ has rehearsal on Monday, January 8th from 6:30 -8:30pm. Please show up on time, with all necessary accessories for the music. All rehearsals are at the Indian River State College Fort pierce campus. In the band room next to the McAlppin auditorium.
- Some things coming up:
MLK parade- January 15th. Next Monday!
4 county Honor Band. Check calendar!
-Please remember, if you are participating in solo and ensemble, GET busy practicing! If you're playing a solo with a piano accompaniment, i will need your original piano part to give to the accompanist if you don't have one of your own. There will also be a $15 fee to use the professional accompanist. See me if you are unsure what this means!
- Select students have been chosen to be in a brass quintet and a woodwind quintet for solo and ensemble. These students will be notified tomorrow!
- If you're in pit, check the calendar for all dates and times! It will start to get busy very very soon!
Thanks and and enjoy your evening!
Hello band family! I sincerely hope that everyone had a FANTASTIC holiday and a HAPPY New Year! I'm sure that everyone is well rested and is ready for an exciting Spring Semester!
The Band calendar is updated through Concert Band MPA on the first weekend of march, and there is A LOT to pay attention to! Just in the coming weeks we have, pit orchestra rehearsals and performances, jazz Band MPA, Solo and Ensemble, the MLK parade, and concert pre MPA AND real MPA.
Please make sure to review the calendar and be ready to get rolling right away! If you haven't been practicing as much this break, PLEASE take your instruments out and get yourself in gear! Parents please help with this! :) ESPECIALLY IF YOURE PARTICIPATING IN SOLO AND ENSEMBLE!!
I will be posting a weekly news update this weekend, so be on the lookout for that!
Have a great last few days of your break and I will see you on Monday!