Hello band! Tomorrow is the final home football game of the year! Here is what you need to know. Seniors who are participating in senior night should be on the track with their escorts at 6:20pm.
5:15pm - call time, show shirt and shorts. Marching shoes and water jug. No uniform.
5:30pm - section stretch and warm up
6:00pm - full band warm up
6:40pm - march over
7:oopm - kick off
8:15pm - half time
9:30pm - game is over
10:00pm - dismissal.
Hoorah!! You were all wonderful this marching season! Congrats again on your STRAIGHT SUPERIORS! This week will be great to reflect on our hard work as we move forward to concert season!
- No rehearsals this week!!!
- There is our final home game this Friday. An itinerary will be posted this week!
- The 3rd Atlanta Band trip payment is due Friday! This is a $60 payment that will bring everyone’s balance up to $200 per person! Please stay on top of your payments! This is very important!
- we will be doing symphonic band seating order auditions in class later this week. Details will be talked about in classes!
Let me know if you have any questions!
Hello all, here is the schedule for this Saturday's Marching MPA at Jensen Beach High School. The band performs at 5:00pm, and should bring money for dinner at the concessions stand. I recommend to bring $10. Students should show up in uniform at PSLHS.
12:00pm - Call time
12:15pm - Transition to field for warm up rehearsal
1:30pm - Transition to band room
1:45pm - Load Trailer/leadership meeting
2:00pm - Shirt Signing/senior send offs
2:20pm - load buses
2:35pm - Leave PSLHS
2:45pm - Arrive at Jensen Beach High School/unload
3:00pm - Bathroom time
3:15pm - Set up panels
3:45pm - Get dressed/in panel order
4:00pm - Transition to warm up
4:15pm - Warm up
5:00pm - Perform
5:15pm - Transition to buses/load up
6:00pm - Transition to concession stand for dinner/sit in stands to watch bands
9:00pm - Ratings
9:30pm - Load buses/depart
9:45pm - Arrive at PSLHS/Unload
10:00pm - Dismissal
Hello all. Congrats to you on some wonderful auditions! Below you will find the seating order based on those auditions. Please remember that you may challenge if you are not happy with your seat. The trumpet section is subject to change, because not all members have auditioned yet.
* = first chair player
Hello band family, and welcome to the last official week of marching season! It’s been a long, but exciting marching season and I can’t wait to finish strong this week! Here is what to expect.
- Marching rehearsal on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm. These are the final two marching rehearsals of the year! Be there!
- this Saturday is Marching Band Music Performance Assesment at Jensen beach high school! This is when we will get a final rating on our show this year! We perform at 5:00pm! A detailed itinerary will be posted soon.
- If you did not pay for your crown jewel or marching showcase dinner, please do so ASAP! I will continue to check.
- Please refer to my Facebook post regarding showcase presale tickets. Email me with any questions.
- Atlanta Band trip payments 1 and 2 are past due! Please pay ASAP as we have to pay our guiding company! Everyone should be at $140 now. The next payment of $60 is next Friday, November 1st!
- Please let me know if you have any questions!
Hello all, here is the schedule for tomorrow's Showcase! Please remember to pay your $5 for dinner if you have not already! Remember to show up in full uniform just like Crown Jewel!
-11:30am - Call time in the band room
11:45am - Report to field for stretch/fundamentals/short rehearsal
1:00pm - Transition to band room/Load truck and trailers
1:20pm - Load Buses
1:30pm - Leave PSLHS
2:00pm - Arrive at Lawnwood Stadium/Unload/bathroom/Set up Panels
2:45pm - Transition to field for mass band rehearsal
3:00pm - Mass Band Rehearsal
4:30pm - Dinner Break/chill time
6:15pm - Get Dressed
6:30pm - Transition to warm up
6:45pm - Warm up
7:00pm - Transition to field/panels
7:15pm - Enter field/perform
7:30pm - transition off field/break down props/load pit equipment not needed for mass band.
8:00pm - Transition to field for mass band
8:15pm - Mass band performance
8;30pm - Load truck/trailers/buses
9:00pm - Depart Lawnwood
9:30pm - arrive at PSLHS/dismiss
Good morning band family! I am hoping that you are all recharging after a very LONG day Saturday. You all were so wonderful, and I’m incredibly proud of your performances. I have received so many compliments from many directors, parents, students, and just fans alike. YOU have impressed many people, and made several veterans feel honored. Great job! Of course, we are moving forward, and have to think about how we can make the show even better for our next two major performances! Here is the weekly news!
- Rehearsal Tuesday 2:30-5:00pm. Rehearsal Thursday (shortened due to jazz band concert) 2:30-4:00pm.
- Jazz band will be pefroming on Thursday at the sunrise theatre in fort pierce! We will be opening for world class jazz musician, BK Jackson. All the details will be covered in jazz band class tomorrow.
- Friday is a home football game VS. Sebastian river high school. This will also be Middle School Band Night. We will have a few students from Southport out to join us in the stands! Call time will be 5pm.
- Saturday is the St Lucie County Marching Band Showcase! If you sold presale tickets, they are available in the band room! This event is at lawnwood stadium and gates open at 6:00pm. A detailed itinerary for this event will be made later in the week.
- Please remember to pay your $5 for crown jewel lunch if you haven’t yet.
- Atlanta band trip payments 1 and 2 are past due. Every person going on the trip should have paid $140 to be up to date. Please remember to stay on track!
- Please let me know if you have any questions!
. Hello band family! Great rehearsal! You all continue to make me proud, even when adversity is thrown your way. Here is what to expect for tomorrow.
- There is a pep rally during 6th period. Students will be released to the band room at 12:20pm. Your teachers will be notified via email. Wear your show shirt and jeans to school. This will be your ticket out of class.
- The call time for the football game will be 5:00pm. Please remember to park in the student parking lot. Show shirt, shorts, and marching shoes.
- the game begins at 7pm, and we will be performing for the homecoming ceremony at half time (stand by me). We will be performing our show post game. This will roughly be around 10pm. Please plan to have your rides ready by 10-10:30pm. This will be our last run through before crown jewel!
see you tomorrow!
Good morning all. Below you will find the schedule for our first competition of the year! Crown jewel! Students will need to be promptly on time at 8:30AM in the show shirt and show shorts! We will be changing into uniform before we leave the school. Students will need to bring money for Dinner ($10 recommended). Lunch will be given to students upon arrival at VBHS. This will cost $5 a student. We will be pre ordering meals, so students should let Mr. Wiley know what they want today or tomorrow. Options will be gone over in class. Payment is due by Friday. Students may also bring their own lunch/dinner.
- 8:30am: call time in band room
- 8:40am; transition to field for quick warm up/run through(no pit/props)
- 9:20am: transition back to band room/set instruments out to be loaded
- 9:45am: load truck/bus
- 10:00am: depart pslhs
-11:00am: arrive at Vero Beach High School/eat lunch/unload truck and trailer.
-11:30am: Set up instruments/props
-12:00pm: All dressed
- 12:20pm: Head to warm up area
- 12:40pm: Warm up
- 1:10pm: leave warm up area
- 1:40pm: transition back to bus, put away instruments/set props aside/water and bathroom break.
-2:20pm: transition back to stadium for last few bands/awards
IF WE MAKE FINALS:
Depending on our finals performance time, we will either load the buses and head to the Indian river mall for dinner, or stay and eat dinner at the concessions stand. It all depends if we have enough time.
- 5:00pm: dinner
-tba: finals warm up time
-tba: finals performance
-11:00pm: load truck/buses
- 11;30pm: depart VBHS
- 12;30am: arrival at pslhs/unload and dismiss
If we DON’T make finals
- 4:30pm: load truck/trailer
-5:00pm: depart VBHS
-6:00pm: arrive at pslhs/unload and dismiss.
This could be the longest band day of the entire year if we make finals. It’s also one of the most exciting days! I can’t wait for you all to experience it! Please remember to practice!!
Good morning band family! Congratulations on another successful rehearsal last night! The show is starting to really look great and I can’t wait for you to perform it this week for a lot of people!
- There will be no marching rehearsal on Tuesday due to the homecoming parade/jag challenge. Students call time will be 2:45pm in uniform (recommended to just stay after school). We will be busing from pslhs to village green elementary around 3:15pm. The parade steps off around 4:30pm. Please bring a snack or quick sandwich or something for in between the parade and jag challenge. Students will be done around 8:00pm.
- No school on Wednesday! Use this day to relax (and maybe practice a little bit??)
- Extended marching rehearsal on Thursday from 2:30-6:30pm. This is the last rehearsal before crown jewel! Be there!
- Friday is the homecoming game! An itinerary will be posted this week.
- Saturday is competition day! Call time will be 8:30am in band under-wear. Please remember to eat a full breakfast before you come. A detailed itinerary will be posted this week about this! If we make finals, we will be at vero beach high school until about 10pm. Information regarding food will be posted in the itinerary.
- Please remember to keep up with your band fees.
- Atlanta Band Trip payments 1&2 are past due. Every person going should have paid $140 by now.
- A big THANK YOU to the parents and students working so hard to make sure the new uniforms will look GREAT! Your efforts are much appreciated.
- Marching Band show case is next Saturday, the 19th. Please remember that presale ticket forms and money are due tomorrow. Please considering ordering presale tickets for this event. The proceeds directly help out the band program! This is a great way to support the students!
- Please let me know if you have any questions!