Good afternoon jags! First of all, I wanted to say thanks to all of you for your hard work these past few days as we prepare for MPA! The bands are on a great track! I know it is busy times for us, but I know it will be worth it in the end when you all achieve the results you want! Here is the news for this week!
- Monday is the south port recruitment concert. Please bring your full marching uniform to school! We will be meeting in the band room at 9:30am! Your teachers are aware of your absence from the last 30 minutes of 2nd period and all of 4th period tomorrow. Bring your marching show music if you need it!
- Tuesday symphonic band rehearsal 2:15-3:30pm ( shortened rehearsal time because you’ve earned it!)
- Wednesday is freshman open house. Every year the band plays as students are arriving! This will be super quick and easy. We will play from 5:45pm-6pm in front of the gym. Uniform will he show shirt and jeans.
- Thursday wind ensemble rehearsal from 2:15-4:00pm (possibly ending at 3:30 if we have good rehearsals in class this week!)
- Winter guard Tuesday and Friday from 2:30-5:00pm.
- We will doing our annual Taco Tuesday friends and family concert on Tuesday March 3rd at 6pm! Come on out and eat some tacos and enjoy great music as the students get another practice run before MPA! All marching jag friends and family are invited!
- Concert MPA is Thursday March 5th! Check the calendar for times! A detailed post will be put out soon!
-Please remember band trip payments! See me if you are unsure if your balance!
thanks and have a great evening!
Hello band family! Happy Presidents’ Day. I hope you are enjoying your day off. Exciting times are to come! Lots of information to go over, so please read carefully!
- Symphonic band rehearsal on Tuesday- 2:15-4:00pm.
- Winter guard practice Tuesday and Friday from 2:30-5:00pm.
- Pre -MPA is THIS Thursday! Exciting news, we will be able to take a bus to treasure coast and back, unlike last year. Students will wear their performance concert black. Call time will be 6th period in the band room for all symphonic and wind ensemble members. The performance times are as follows: symphonic band - 3:15pm, Wind ensemble- 4:30pm. We will be leaving treasure coast by 5:30pm! Please remember this is a graded performance!
- This weekend is our concert band mini camp for both ensembles! Symphonic band will rehearse on Friday from 3:00pm-7:00pm with Dr. Crocco. Wind ensemble will rehearse on Saturday from 10:00am-3:00pm (lunch provided) with Mr. Lunceford! These will be fun and informative rehearsals to help us be successful at MPA in a few weeks!
- Friday night, we will be hosting our “Band Movie Night” starting at 7:30pm after the symphonic band rehearsal! If you wish to come, please pay $5 by Thursday to reserve your spot! This will include pizza, drinks, and snacks. The movie will be announced tomorrow!
- Next Monday, the 24th, we will be participating in our annual Southport recruitment concert! We will be taking buses there and back! More information will be posted this week.
- State Solo and Ensemble will be on March 19th. (This is during spring break). We are planning on taking a charter bus to this event at Freedom High School in Orlando. In order to help with the cost, we are asking for a $25 bus fee from each student to cover travel. This will be due by March 6th.
- We will be picking room mates for the Atlanta band trip THIS WEEK. We will also be passing out permission slips. The trip is getting closer and closer! About two months away. Please remember, you must be fully paid off by the last payment date of April 3rd! $650 per person. Please email me if you need to know your balance!
Good evening band family! Thanks to the drumline students who played at night of the stars this weekend! It was a fun evening had by all! Here is the news for this week!
- Symphonic band rehearsal on Tuesday from 2:15-4:00pm.
- Wind ensemble rehearsal with Mr. Lunceferd from 2:15-4:00pm.
- Winter guard Tuesday and Friday from 2:30-5:00pm.
- please remember to make your band trip payments! The balance is $450 per person! We are getting closer and closer to the trip!
- Next Thursday is pre-MPA at treasure coast high school! More info on this will be posted soon!
Thanks everyone! Please let me know if you have any questions.
Here is the schedule for tomorrow’s jazz MPA performance. Please remember to bring your jazz uniform to school. Make sure it looks nice! Also, bring snacks or your own food. Unfortunately there is no concession stand at Sebastian river high school.
2:30 - dress rehearsal/sound check in the band room
3:45- load trailer
4:00 - load buses
4:15 - leave pslhs
5:30 - arrive at srhs
7:30 - performance
8:15 - Load and leave
9:30 - arrive at pslhs/dismiss
Hello band family! First and foremost, congratulations to all the many students who participated this weekend in district solo and ensemble! Between winds, percussion, and guard, our band brought home 56 superior ratings! I hope that all who participated learned a lot! Also, congrats to the pit orchestra for finishing up the run of Mary Poppins! We performed the show 16 times for over 8,000 people! You sounded wonderful!
It is time to get back to some normalcy in our program after the craziness of January! Here is what to look out for:
- No symphonic band this week due to jazz MPA.
- Winterguard Tuesday and Friday, 2:30-5:00pm.
- Jazz MPA is Tuesday. The band performs at 7:30pm at Sebastian river high school! We’d love to see some you come out and show support for them! They sound wonderful. We will be taking a bus from pslhs. Students will need to stay after school on Tuesday for a short rehearsal/sound check. Make sure to bring food or snacks, or money for the concession stand at Sebastian river.
- The next Atlanta trip payment is this Tuesday. It is a $100 per person payment!
- Wind ensemble will have its first rehearsal of the year after school on Thursday from 2:15-4:00pm!
Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions!