Good morning band family! I hope are all staying warm on these chilly chilly days! I wanted to give another huge congratulations to ALL of our students who participated in solo and ensemble this weekend. It is such a valuable experience for making progress at your craft, and I’m very proud of each and every one of you! Next up is State S&E for many of you! Here is the news for this week!
- Tuesday’s rehearsal will be for SYMPHONIC BAND, 2-4pm. Please be in attendance as we will be having a special guest clinician coming out to work with the band!
- Color guard will not have practice on Tuesday! Enjoy your day off and congrats again on your superior rating! We will resume practice on Thursday.
- Jazz band will have our pre- MPA performance this Wednesday at centennial high school. Please remember to bring your jazz uniforms to school. Remember, it is an early out, so we will carpool from school, get lunch before arriving at centennial, and perform beginning at 1pm. The event will be concluded by 3pm.
- Jazz band rehearsal will STILL be on for Thursday from 2-4pm. We will have Ms. Russell from Vero Beach High School out to work with us, so come ready to make a LOT of progress. Jazz MPA is on Wednesday, February 9th! We’re in the home stretch!
- Please remember, WIND ENSEMBLE will be having two after school clinician rehearsals back to back, on February 10th and 17th with Mr. Eggen from Viera High School and Mr. Lunceford from IRSC!
Let’s keep getting better and having fun! Be on the look out for some social band events coming up soon, like video game days, sports days, etc!
Good morning and Happy Sunday! First of all, HUGE congratulations to all the students who participated in the Four County Honor Band this weekend! The concerts were absolutely fantastic and inspiring! I can’t wait to get back into rehearsal and make some great music! Here’s what’s to expect this week.
- This Saturday is Solo and Ensemble. The schedule will be posted in the band room tomorrow morning. All events are before 1pm on Saturday at SLWCHS. For students playing a solo with piano accompaniment, the pianist will be here one Tuesday between 4-6pm. A sign up sheet for a time slot will also be posted in the band room.
- A detailed post for Solo and Ensemble will be posted online before Wednesday.
- Color guard will practice on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm.
- Wind Ensemble Tuesday from 2-4pm.
- Wednesday will be another solo and ensemble help session from 2-3pm.
- Jazz band Thursday 2-4pm.
- If you missed it the first time and you’d like to order a band hoodie or jacket, come see me for an order form and they’re due this Friday!
- I’m very thankful for all the students, parents, and colleagues I get to work with. The bands are all going to do terrific this semester at MPAs due to everyone’s hard work!
Hello, happy Sunday band family! Hope you all are doing well! Here is the news for this week.
- Tuesday there will be wind ensemble form 2-4, as well as winter guard from 2:30-5:00pm.
- Wednesday, there will be solo and ensemble practice for percussion and brass from 2-3pm. Also, anyone who would like help on solos should attend as well.
- Thursday will be jazz band rehearsal 2-4pm.
- Friday is the “commitment payment” for the band trip. It will be $100 per student and is non refundable and secures your spot on the trip. For students with parents who are chaperones, they payment will be $200.
- Winter guard will have their first Saturday practice this Saturday, 1/15, from 12-5pm!
- PSLHS will likely withdraw from the MLK parade next Monday. This is a decision that is made by the administration about the entirety of the school participating. A final final decision will be sent out as soon as I receive it.
- Thanks band and let me know if you have any questions!
Have a great day!
Good morning band family, and happy 2022! I sincerely hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season and had some time to truly reflect on what’s most important! I’d like to say thanks again to all the awesome students and parents who made last semester a tremendous success! Between marching season, to the gift wrap booth, to the winter concert, none of it would be possible without our incredible students and parents! I’m very excited for this semester, as we have some awesome things in the works! Here’s what’s going on.
- There will be no after school practices tomorrow. We will begin Thursday with jazz band and winter guard! Check our band calendar on this website for detailed times!
- Beginning next week, we will have rehearsals on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s, however these will vary depending on which band you’re in. All dates on the calendar!
- Winter guard will meet every Tuesday and Thursday beginning this Thursday. There will be two Saturday practices in the month of January. Dates clarified tomorrow.
- We will be participating in the MLK day parade this year! This will be required for full band. Details to come soon!
- It will be an exciting semester preparing for MPAs! Solo and ensemble, jazz mpa, and concert MPA are what we will be focusing heavily on this 9 weeks.
- An update to the band trip cost and payments will be made by the end of this week! I will explain details in classes and send a letter home for parents explaining everything for the trip :)
Please let me know if you have any questions! See you all tomorrow!