Good morning band family! I hope students are enjoying their day off! Here is the news for this week! Its a big week for us!
- Tuesday: We will be having symphonic band rehearsal from 2-4pm, and winter guard practice from 2:30 - 4:30pm. We will also be having our BAND FAMILY DINNER CONCERT beginning at 6pm in our school cafeteria. The concert will be over by 7:30pm. We will be providing a free meal of fried chicken, mac n cheese, and vegetables for students and parents, as well as a performance from the jazz band, symphonic band, and wind ensemble! Students are encouraged to dress comfortably and to have fun! It will be an opportunity for students to perform their MPA music in a low stress environment. Come on out and support our students!
- Thursday: Wind ensemble will rehearse from 2-4pm, and winter guard will practice from 2:30-4:30pm.
- FRIDAY: This is the day of Concert MPA! It is at Sebastian River High School, and is absolutely required by all symphonic band and wind ensemble members. Symphonic band performs at 2:30pm and Wind Ensemble at 6:30pm. Both performances are completely free and will be great if you can make it. Students will be eating lunch at school before leaving on a bus at 12:30pm. There WILL be a concessions stand at sebastian for students who want to purchase food there for dinner. You can also BRING your own food if you'd like. If you're purchasing from the concessions stand, bring around $10 cash. Students MUST ride the bus TO sebastian, however, they may be picked up after their performance and ride with parents. They will need to be checked out with me prior to leaving.
- Band Trip payment of $125 was due last Friday. Please bring this in as soon as possible if you're going on the trip. The discount for annual pass holders will be applied on the last payment.
Thank you all and see you tomorrow!
Good morning band family and happy Monday! I hope you have enjoyed your weekends. Im very thankful to work with all of the awesome students in our band! You all have been sounding great and I can’t wait to continue! Here is the news for this week.
- Tomorrow (Tuesday) is the return of our Annual Southport Middle School Recruitment Concert! Students need to bring their marching uniforms (coat, pants, shoes) to school as we will be traveling via bus to perform for the students at Southport. Students will be excused from their 2nd and 4th periods to attend this performance. It is expected that all band and guard students will attend, but if the parents do not want the students to miss class, they can stay at school. Just bring me a signed note stating this.
- There will still be symphonic band on Tuesday from 2-4pm.
- Color guard will practice on THURSDAY from 2:30-4:30pm
- Wind ensemble will rehearse on Thursday from 2-4pm.
- Friday we are having our first band game day after school until 5pm! If you want to go, fill out the survey sent over remind last week!
- Band trip payment #2 is this Friday the 25th! It is a $125 payment for students and an additional $100 for chaperones.
- We are planning to do a fun Band Family Dinner Pre-MPA concert on Tuesday March 1st at 6pm in our school cafeteria! It will be free and a fun way for our students to perform before MPA next week!
- Concert MPA is next Friday March 4th! This will be at Sebastian river high school and a detailed schedule of the day will be sent out this week!
Hello and happy Sunday! Here is the news for this week!
- Color guard practice will begin again on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm.
- Tuesday will be JAZZ band from 2-4pm! This is our last practice before MPA!
- Jazz MPA is this Wednesday. Students in the jazz band will report to the band room at 11:30am in full uniform! We will be departing the school on a bus by noon. Jazz MPA is a Sebastian river high school, and we perform at 2:20pm!
- Thursday is going to be an amazing rehearsal with Mr. Eggen from Viera High School for the wind ensemble! This will be from 2:00-5:00pm! Attendance is very important!
Please let me know if you have any questions!