Good afternoon band family! Here is the weekly news. It will be a short one :)
- No rehearsal on Tuesday.
- Wind ensemble (6th pd) will rehearse this Thursday from 2-4pm. Please check the calendar for all rehearsals before the winter concert
- Symphonic band will begin rehearsing next week.
- This Thursday, we will have a band parent meeting regarding the end of year trip, as well as everything you need to know about the gift wrap booth! Come on out, 6-7pm.
- Friday will be our last home game! This is also Senior night. Seniors please see me for a senior night form!
Thanks and take care! Happy Halloween!
Good afternoon band family! Congrats again on your monumental marching season. This was the best season the band has put out by far, and I am so proud of your hard work! We have two more games that will be a blast! I’m excited to have an equally incredible concert band season.
-Thank you to all the amazing band parents who have assisted us this season!
- NO REHEARSAL Tuesday or Thursday
- The drumline will be playing at lunches on Monday and Friday! We will be playing at all 3 lunches during 5th period. Please wear your show shirts and jeans!
- Wednesday evening will be jag challenge! Call time for the band will be 5pm in the band room. Please wear solid red practice shirts and jeans! This event will be over around 7:45pm.
- Friday is the homecoming game and band alumni night! We will be performing our show post game and Jupiter during the half time homecoming ceremony. Alumni band students should fill out the form found on this website by Wednesday if they’d like to participate!
- Stay tuned for more info coming this week!
Just like Crown Jewel, please show up in your show shirts, black shorts, and marching shoes. Bring your uniforms with you. There is no pre-order for food, please bring money to buy food from the concessions stand. Most of the food is in similar price to crown jewel and showcase. I would bring at least $10 to make sure you're covered! Here is the schedule.
-12:00pm: Call Time
-12:30pm - Continuity warm up rehearsal
-1:30pm - transition to band room
-1:45pm - leadership meeting/band take a snack break
-2:30pm - load trailer
-2:45pm - load buses
-3:00pm - leave pslhs
-3:15pm - arrive at JBHS
-3:30pm - bathroom break
-3:45pm - change into uniform
-4:10pm - line up for warm up
-4:30pm - warm up
-5:20pm - performance
5:45pm - load buses/change out of uniform
6:15pm - dinner break at concessions
7:00pm - watch bands from stands
8:40pm - results
9:00pm - load buses
9:30pm - announcements/unload
9:45pm - dismissal
Good afternoon! CONGRATS AGAIN FOR AN AMAZING CROWN JEWEL!! We really did something last night. Many people are telling me it was their favorite show of the night, INCLUDING one of the judges. I’m also hearing it was the best pslhs band performance they’ve ever seen. That is just incredible. Let’s make sure to keep it going so we can finish super strong at MPA this week, and add another superior plaque to the wall!
-I will not be in school tomorrow (Monday). Take that as you will, just wanted to let you all know.
- We will have our FINAL TWO marching rehearsals Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:30pm. Please wear your show shirts and black shorts on Thursday as we will be attempting to take a full professional Video of the show.
-MPA is this Saturday. I will be posting the itinerary for this tomorrow.
- there is no football game or rehearsal this Friday! Enjoy your first Friday off since August!
- Next week is homecoming week and alumni night. We will have Jag challenge on Wednesday evening, october 27th. The band will be playing at this event. Stay tuned for more info. If you know of any alumni interested in attending alumni night, make sure they answer the survey posted on our website last week by October 27th.
- Please reach out with any questions. See you all on Tuesday!
Copy and paste the following link if you would like to participate. All info can be found below!
Good morning band FAMILY! Hope you are enjoying your day off, and I hope you spend some time practicing what you can do better for the show. You don't need an instrument to practice your step offs/visuals with a recording.
I am so proud of you for your performance at the showcase. You really brought the energy and excited the crowd. I am STILL getting compliments from people. Obviously it isn't perfect, and there is still a lot we can improve on. But this is a great starting point for our major performances, and you should feel good about your work.
- Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal 2:30-5:30. Please be on time and attentive. We will be making some slight changes/additions to the show that will take it to the next level.
- Home Football Game this Friday. Call time will be the same as usual. 5:00pm for leadership and 5:15 for everyone else.
- This week we will be voting for the two band students (1 male, 1 female) that will represent us on the homecoming court. 10/29 will be the homecoming game, and also alumni night. Stay tuned for more info regarding all of the homecoming festivities.
This Saturday is crown Jewel! You will find all of the info you need for this event.
- Call time for Crown Jewel will be 10:30am at PSLHS. Please arrive by this time in your band under-wear (show shirt, black shorts, black socks, and marching shoes). Bring your uniform with you HUNG UP in your garment bags. You will need to EAT before you come. The band will be providing snacks once we get to Vero, but we won't be eating until after our performance ends at 4:30pm and we pack up our equipment. We will be eating around 5:15pm.
- VERY IMPORTANT
Just like for Showcase, Crown Jewel will be offering pre order meals. Please answer this survey by the end of the day TODAY.
- if you would like to purchase tickets for this event, you can purchase them at the following link. Adults are $14 each, children 6-18 are $6 each, and children 5 and under are free.
The day's schedule is listed below:
10:30am - call time for all students at PSLHS
11:00am- continuity rehearsal/warm up
12:15pm - transition to band room
12:30pm - senior stories in auditorium
1:00pm - begin loading trailers/buses
1:30pm - depart PSLHS
2:30pm - Arrive at VBHS/ bathroom break and unload
3:25pm - transition to warm up
3:50pm - begin warm up
4:20pm - performance time
4:30pm - transition to lot to take off uniform/load trucks
5:15pm - Shady chill time
6:00pm - dinner break (answer survey today, Monday, Oct. 11th)
6:45pm - transition to stands
7:00pm - watch bands
9:15pm - load buses and depart
10:15pm - arrive at PSLHS and unload/announcements
10:30pm - dismissal
As you know, this Saturday, October 9th is the SLC Marching Band Showcase. It is our first Major performance of the year and you won’t want to miss the awesome work our kids are doing! Tickets are $6 each and can only be purchased online at the following link:
Students will need to arrive in their show shirts, black shorts, high black socks, and marching shoes. They will need to bring their uniform with them hung up to change in before the performance. The schedule is as follows:
1:45pm - call time and load
2:30pm - depart pslhs
3:00pm - arrive at Lawnwood stadium
3:15pm - unload/bathroom break
3:45pm - transition to full rehearsal with other
Middle and high schools.
4:00pm - rehearsal
5:00pm- dinner (remember to bring your $5 by Friday)
6:00pm - Gates open for guests
6:15pm - change into uniform and transition to warm up.
7:00pm - warm up
7:30pm - perform
8:00pm - load trailer and equipment truck/ maybe watch final band.
8:30pm - depart Lawnwood
9:30pm - dismissal
Hello and welcome to another weekly band news! Congratulations to everyone on doing a stellar job at the rehearsathon this Saturday! We really toom a big step forward as a band! Now is time to refine and make better and better!
- There is rehearsal on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:30pm.
- Pass off grades will be up to date tomorrow, please remember to complete any pass offs you owe before the end of the 9 weeks!
- This Saturday is the SLC marching band showcase at lawn wood stadium! The marching Jaguars perform at 7:30pm! Students call time will be 1;45pm at pslhs. A detailed post regarding itinerary, and link to purchase tickets will be shared tomorrow! It is our first Major performance of the year!
- Reminder there will be a band parent meeting on Tuesday from 6:30-7:30pm in the bandroom! We will discuss plans of an end of year trip, as well as a few other exciting things that are coming up! Hope to see you there :)
- This Friday we will have another home football game against Sebastian River High School! A detailed post will be sent out on Tuesday regarding the game.
- Crown Jewel will be next Saturday October 16th at Vero beach high school! The marching Jaguars perform at 4:15pm! You can purchase tickets to view at the following link!
Thanks and have a wonderful day!