This competition will be on Saturday March 10th for all winter guard members. Make sure to eat breakfast and bring snacks!
8:00am - Call time in uniform
8:15am- load equipment/bus
8:30am - Depart PLSHS
11:30am - Arrive at Durant High School
12:00pm- Get acclimated/watch guards
1:00pm- Warm up
1:35pm - Watch other guards
3:30pm - Depart Durant HS/ go to eat lunch/dinner
7:00pm - Arrive back at PSLHS
Be sure to bring money for food!
This Saturday is concert band MPA at Vero Beach High School! This is for all Symphonic band members!
10:45am - Call time/warm up/spot check
11:30am - Load Busses
11:45am - Depart PSLHS
12:45pm - Arrive at Vero Beach High School
1:25pm - Warm up
2:00pm - Perform
3:30pm - Depart VBHS
4:30pm - Arrive at PSLHS/Dismissal
Students should eat prior to arrival, and after we leave. No formal food will be provided. We will have snacks/water however!
Good evening band family! Here is the news for this week!
- Rehearsals for Symphonic band will be on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm.
- Practice for the winter guard will be Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm.
- Tuesday evening is the Band Family Concert dinner! This will begin at 6pm! All symphonic and jazz band members are required to attend for their performances! Please turn in your slips regarding your guests to me tomorrow! This is the basic schedule for the evening:
- Friday is the due date for the "commitment payment" for the Orlando band trip. This $50 payment is required to be turned in on Friday. If you don't turn it in, you will not be eligle to go on the trip! We need to reserve busses, buy tickets, etc. and we need an accurate count! This payment is also NON- refundable. Permission forms for the trip will be going out this week.
- Saturday is concert band MPA at Vero Beach High School. An itinerary will be published tomorrow.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me!
We will be traveling to Southport Middle school tomorrow. Due to this, students will miss both school lunches. We will have snacks for students, but they should pack their own lunch to eat after we perform! We will be wearing the marching uniforms ( guard will wear winter guard uniforms), so please wear a t shirt and shorts to have on under the uniform. This doesn't necessarily have to be the show shirt.
Here is the schedule
9:20am - report to band room/change into uniform/load trailer
9:45am - load busses/depart for southport
10:05am - unload trailer/busses/transition to gym
10:20am - line up outside gym in march order (guard go set up floor)
10:30am - concert begins - the order will be as follows: Guard solos, full winter guard show, band march in, opener, stand tunes and drum line cadences
11:30am - load busses and depart for pslhs
12:15pm - arrive at pslhs, unload and go back to 6th period
If you have any questions please ask!
Good evening band family! I hope that everyone had a great 3 day weekend! Here is the news for this week!
- Symphonic band rehearsal on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30pm-5:00pm
- Winterguard practice on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm
- Southport recruitment concert on Thursday. An itinerary will be posted tomorrow. All band and guard members required to participate.
- Next Tuesday, February 27th at 6:00pm will be the band family dinner concert! More info in class!
- Band trip commitment payment is due next Friday, march 2nd! Any students/chaperones who wish to go on the trip MUST pay this in order to ensure their spots.
- Concert MPA is NEXT Saturday March 3rd! Students must be free all day! Itinerary will be posted later in the week!
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Here is this weeks news!
-There is a pep rally tomorrow, during 6th period. All students will report to band room at 12:20. You will be excused from class then. Please wear your band polo and jeans.
-After school rehearsal for symphonic band and color guard Tuesday from 2:30-5:00pm.
- Symphonic band will be playing the national anthem for the Flag burning ceremony on Wednesday during 1st period. Please wear your red band polos and jeans. You will be excused from class for this.
- Thursday is Pre-MPA at pslhs. A schedule will be published tomorrow for this, just know that call time will be 4:00pm for leadership in band room, and 500pm for everyone else. IEveryone else will meet IN THE CHORUS ROOM, fully dressed in concert attire. Pslhs performs at 6:30pm.
- Color guard practice on Thursday will be shortened to 4:00pm due to PRE - MPA. Bands will be showing up here around 4:30.
- For the students participating for state solo and ensemble, your $10 participation fee is due THIS Friday. MIOS honor band forms are due today!
Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!
Good evening band family! Congratulations to the jag band for an awesome week! We had several groups and many students perform well this week, including the jazz band, color guard, solo and ensemble participants, and pit orchestra members! Here's to feeling proud of the work you're putting in!
Heres what to expect this week:
-Tuesday and thursday: Symphonic band will begin after school rehearsals from 2:30-5:00pm! Please make sure you are in attendance as these are graded! Mr. Goldstein from Sebastian River High School will be at our rehearsal on Thursday to help us before MPA!
- There will be a band parent and student meeting Tuesday night from 6-7pm. We will be descussing the spring band trip that will happen in May!
-Color guard has practice on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm.
- Please check the calendar for events happening in the future!
Thanks, and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!