Good afternoon and Happy Sunday! I hope you all have had a great weekend :) Here is the news for this week.
- Winter guard will have practice on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30 - 5:30pm. We will also be recording the performance for Solo and Ensemble during 7th period. You will be excused from your classes to complete this run through.
- Symphonic Winds will rehearse this Tuesday from 2:30-4:30pm.
- Percussion Ensemble has rehearsal on BOTH Tuesday and Thursday from 5:00-6:30pm. We will be recording the performance at the end of Thursday's practice for Solo and Ensemble!
- The piano accompanist will be at school on Wednesday beginning at 6pm to rehearse with the student's playing solos at Solo and Ensemble. There will be a document to sign up for a rehearsal time slot hung in the band room. He will also be here on Friday after school to record performances for Solo and Ensemble. Please dress in professional attire for this recorded performance!
- Jazz band will have rehearsal on Thursday from 2:30-4:30pm.
- Leadership, we will be meeting at Jessica Clinton Park at 1pm on Wednesday for our kickball game! Drinks and food will be provided! You must find a ride for this!
- A pep band has been asked to play at the Drive through Senior Pinning on Saturday morning at the school, and the Grand Opening of a local business as a fundraiser on Saturday afternoon! We will be allowing 35 students to participate in these events including winds, drumline, and color guard. A sign up will be posted in the band room this week! Food will be provided for students!
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Good afternoon, band family! Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day. It certainly feels odd having this day "off" and not marching in the parade, but I'm sure you all enjoyed the extra time to relax and recharge. Here is what is happening this week!
- Tomorrow (Tuesday), will be Symphonic Winds rehearsal from 2:30 - 4:30pm. All MPA band members.
- Color guard will practice Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30 - 5:00pm. Make sure you have your gloves and tape!
- There will be a band parent meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) at 6pm! I hope to see many of you there! We will be discussing all of the exciting things coming up, as well as gathering your input! Please feel welcomed to join us for a quick meeting! Thanks for your consideration.
- Thursday will be jazz band rehearsal 2:30 - 4:30, and percussion ensemble 5:00-6:30pm.
- Students participating in Solo and Ensemble, make sure to have your originals and piano accompaniments ASAP!
- Please let me know if you have any questions.
Good evening Band Family! I hope you all had a great weekend. Here is what to expect for this coming week!
- Winter Guard will practice on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30 - 5:00pm. Attendance is very important! Solo and ensemble is quickly approaching!
- Symphonic Winds will rehearse on Tuesday from 2:30 - 4:30pm. All students wishing to participate in the MPA band should attend this rehearsal.
- There will be an open band parent meeting from 6:00pm - 7:00pm! Either in the band room or auditorium depending on the amount of people that come! We will be discussing all the exciting things going on with the band in the coming months! Hope to see you there!
- Thursday will be a busy day. There will be a brief leadership meeting from 2:00-2:15pm, Jazz band rehearsal from 2:30-4:30, winter guard from 2:30-5:00pm and a percussion ensemble rehearsal from 5:00-6:30pm.
- Please remember, we are preparing for Music Performance Assessments just like we would any other year! Attendance at all rehearsals will be important! Please check the band calendar and plan accordingly to ensure you are contributing 100% to the ensemble's success!
- Stay tuned for lots of exciting things as we continue to move forward :)
- Please let me know if you have any questions!
Good afternoon and HAPPY NEW YEAR, band family! I hope that each of you had a relaxing and safe winter break, and were able to recharge after a tough semester. I'd again like to sing your praises and thank you all for the tremendous effort put forth to make the first half of the year a success. I'm very much looking forward to getting back to making musical moments with you tomorrow! I have some exciting performance opportunities planned for us this semester! Stay tuned to the calendar and for updates moving forward! Here is what to expect this week.
- We will begin Winter Guard practices on Tuesday from 2:30 - 5:00pm. If you are interested in doing Winter Guard, please plan on attending this rehearsal as a lot of information regarding this year's season will be shared. Winter Guard will practice every Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm. Additional practices may be added. You will be given a week's notice if so.
- There will be a percussion (required), and Solo and Ensemble (optional) meeting for percussion students and other students interested in Solo and Ensemble on Tuesday from 2:00-2:30pm in the band room. Please attend if you'd like to participate in the Virtual event this year. It is a great opportunity to get started if you've never done it before!
- Jazz band will rehearse on Thursday from 2:30-4:30pm on Thursday. If you are a MySchool Online student who is participating in Jazz Band, you will need to be at all after school rehearsals as well.
- We will be participating in Virtual Solo and Ensemble, Virtual Jazz MPA, and Virtual Concert MPA this year. There have been some additional performances added to the band calendar to make up for missing these LIVE MPA performance opportunities. Even though the events are virtual, the preparation has NOT changed! Students who wish to participate will need to sign a contract stating that they will be committed and not miss practices for unexcused reasons. Grades WILL NOT be effected by these events, as they are not required.
- Symphonic Winds (this will be volunteer group that participates in MPA) will begin rehearsals next Tuesday, January 12th from 2:30-4:30. Symphonic Winds will rehearse on Tuesdays until after Jazz MPA, then will be every Tuesdays AND Thursdays until Concert MPA. Check the band calendar for rehearsals times!
- There will be a Band Parent meeting on January 12th from 6:00pm-7:00pm to go over all of the ways parents can get involved in band this semester!
Let's make the remainder of this year awesome. It will be with the right attitudes and a will to succeed! Thanks, and please let me know if you have any questions.