Good evening band family. Below you will find the news for this week! I will be out from school tomorrow and Wednesday due to required teacher training I have to attend.... I apologize for having to miss! Plans will be with the sub and leadership students.
- Wind Ensemble rehearsal on Tuesday from 2:30-4:00pm
- The drum major help session will be postponed until next Monday.
- Winterguard will have practice on Thursday of this week.
- If you didn’t pay your Busch gardens fee, that is okay! This fee can be paid anytime by the deadline on April 27th!
- We will be sighning up for Busch gardens groups within the next two weeks.
- Wind ensemble and jazz band audition material will be made available by the end of this week!
- Please pay attention to the calander for the rest of the year!
- I put out a post about band fees yesterday but I will copy it here as well:
“Good morning band family! Happy Saturday! I wanted to share some information with you early as we are all preparing for the summer and some much needed time off! But it’s never too early to think ahead!
As we all know, next year we will have a lot of exciting new things with the band! New uniforms, new instruments, and an AWESOME new show. Can’t wait for you all to know!
I wanted to give you all some information regarding next years band fees (as always, I wish we didn’t have to charge any fees, but that is just impossible if we want to keep heading towards our goal of being the best band around...). The fee next year will be going up by $25, equaling to a total of $200 per student. BUT, it will actually come out to be less for you all because this fee will include, but not limited to, a brand new style of band polo, brand new uniform black gym shorts, the complimentary show shirt, a water jug ready at band camp, and some other small band merchandise!! (All of these things would have been separate purchases in the past, bringing the band fee OVER $200.
ALSO, I am setting up some payment dates for families so we can eliminate the burden of paying all at on time. The dates will be as follows:
May 31st: $50
June 24th (band meet and greet): $100
August 2nd (LAST day of band camp): $50
Lastly, for families with multiple children in band, there will be deals for you! For example:
2 students in band: $300
3 students in band: $400
4 students in band: $500
I hope this helps some of you! Like I said, I hate band fees, but unfortunately they are vital....
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions!
Thanks and have a great weekend!”
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Good morning band family! I hope this post finds you well rested after spring break! We only have ONE more 9 weeks left of the year, and it will certainly be an exciting one! Here is what to expect for this week and the weeks coming up!
- Wind Ensemble will rehearse on Tuesday from 2:30-4:00pm
- Winter Guard has practice on Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm. A decision regarding this practice will be made tomorrow!
- The 2nd payment for Busch Gardens is due this Friday! The payment is $30!
- There are Busch Gardens permission slips in the band room! Please make sure you pick these up soon. They will be due by April 19th!
- Leadership packets are also available in the band room! Please come ask for one if you are at all interested in going out for Leadership next year!
- We have a lot of exciting things coming up in the next few weeks, including State concert MPA on April 27th, Spectrum concert on May 9th, the Band Trip on May 11th, Band Banquet on May 18th, Leadership auditions, Oklahoma Pit Orchestra, Percussion clinics and auditions, Guard clinics and auditions, and preparations for next years marching season! Please stay tuned as we finish out our ABOVE AND BEYOND year stronger than ever!
Hello PSLHS percussionists and hopeful section members! Below you will find the audition packet containing all the information you need to know if you are interested in auditioning for the PSLHS drumline and front ensemble! The percussion "clinics" will be on April 22nd-24th from 6:00pm-8:00pm at PSLHS. The audition will be on April 25th from 6:00pm-8:00pm. Please read this packet very carefully so you will know everything you need.
Below is the schedule for this Wednesday for state solo and ensemble. Students should bring money for lunch or pack their own food. We will try to eat lunch together on site. You will also find the schedule of events attached.
6:30am - call time in band room. Full attire expected
7:00am - depart pslhs
9:30am - arrive at Seminole high school
10:45am - jazz band performance time
12:00pm - lunch time
5:00pm - depart Seminole high school
7:30pm - Arrive at pslhs/dismissal
Color guard schedule:
Jazz band schedule:
Percussion/winds solo and ensemble schedule:
Good evening band! Here is the news for this week!
- Color Guard will have practice on Monday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm! This is the last week before state so please be present and on time!
-Percussion rehearsal on Tuesday from 3:00-4:15pm with Mr. Cromer
- Tuesday night will be MIOS rehearsal at Centennial High School from 5-8:00pm. You will need your own stand and are responsible for your own rides to this rehearsal.
- Wednesday there is MIOS rehearsal all day at the Fenn center. We will meet in the band room in the morning by 8:30am to load the bus. Rehearsal goes until 5:15pm. Students will need to bring money for lunch from concessions or bring their own lunch. All MIOS students will be excused from school all day on Wednesday. We will hopefully be back at pslhs by 5:45pm so MIOS students can participate in the freshman open house peformance from 5:45-6:00pm at psl.
- Wednesday at 5:45pm, the band will be playing for the freshman open house. This performance will be over by 6:00pm. Call time will be at 5:30 in the band room. There will be an adult in the band room in case I am not back in time from MIOS. Students will need to wear their black show shirts and jeans to this performance. Once the performance is over, we will need a few students to help out at the band table to pass out information and answer questions to incoming freshman! If you’re not staying to help, you can leave at the conclusion of the peformance. Executive leadership is required to stay.
- Thursday night is the MIOS Honor Band Concert at the Fenn center. It is free and open to the public. The doors open at 6pm. Participants will learn their call time from their clinician.
- Saturday is the St Patrick’s day parade at the civic center. The parade begins at 11am so the bands call time will be 10:00am near our normal meeting spot by Bealls Outlet. Look for the trailer! Polos and jeans will be the attire! Feel free to wear festive green accessories!
- March 20th is State Solo and Ensemble for Jazz Band, Percussion Ensemble and Winter Guard. An itinerary will be posted this week.
Please let me know if you have any questions!