Good evening, band family! I hope you’ve had a restful weekend to recharge! I want to say congratulations again to you all for your hard work to get the WHOLE show on the field before October, after losing 6 rehearsals at the beginning of the season! This is a team effort and it could not work without the help of many awesome people!
- Tuesday and Thursday will be normally scheduled marching rehearsals from 2:30-5:00pm! Please remember attendance is MANDATORY and especially important now the crown jewel is LESS than two weeks away!
- We will have marching rehearsal this Saturday from 6-9pm. This will be a red shirt rehearsal.
- Pass off #3 is due by the end of the week! Please remember to keep up with your pass offs! The better you play --—> the better you march --—> the better the show will be! Take a few minutes out of your days to practice individually! You won’t regret it.
- St. lucie county Marching Showcase Pre-Sale ticket forms are available in the band room! The tickets are for entry into the 3rd annual SLCMBS on October 19th! Tickets are just $5 a piece and ALL of the proceeds will go directly into benifiting our band program. You can also purchase these at the gate for $7 a piece, but that money doesn’t go to our program. Just pay your presale amount to your band student and they will turn the total amount, along with the form, to me by Monday, October 7th.
- The second Atlanta Band Trip Payment is due by THIS Tuesday. This is $100 per person. Remember, all Atlanta payments at this point are non refundable. Email me if you have any questions about this!
- Next week is homecoming/crown jewel week. Which means it will be a busy week for the band. The parade will be on Tuesday, October 8th. Students will stay after school for this. We will March the parade, (usually steps off around 4pm) then go to jag challenge. Students should be dismissed around 8:00pm. We will have rehearsal just Thursday of that week. Crown Jewel is Saturday the 12th! An itinerary for this will be posted later in the week.
- THE MARCHING UNIFORMS ARE ALMOST HERE IN COMPLETION. We have received the hats, bibbers and plumes. The only thing we are missing is the costs. They should be here this week! However, none of the pants were send to us hemmed. We will need some volunteers to hem them! Please email me if you are able to help! We would like to have the pants done by next Monday so we could wear them for the homecoming parade! Just wait til you see these uniforms! They will look GREAT!!
- Please let me know if you have any questions!