Good evening band,
Before I post this news, I just wanted to say how incredible I know you all are, and how much I appreciate being your band director. But, like anything in life, all good things must come to an end. Beginning, effective immediately, I will be switching my profession to being a full time Trombone Professor at the University of Florida. There was an opening and it was something that I simply could not pass up. I hope that you all will understand. I will never forget my time with you at PSLHS, as it has truly shaped me into a better teacher and person.... I wish you all the best.
Oh, and by the way.....
April fools..... and GO NOLES!
Here is the ACTUAL news for this week;
- We will be beginning after school rehearsals again. Tuesday will be symphonic band 2:00-4:00pm (note the time change from when they were before MPA). Jazz will be on Thursday from 2:00-4:00.
- Winter Guard will have practice on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5;00pm.
- There will be a drum major help session tomorrow (Monday) from 2-3pm. Any and all are welcome to come and learn about conducting and what it takes to be a drum major, not just people interested in the position.
- There will be a band banquet parentcommittee meeting on Thursday April 5th from 6-7pm.
- If you haven’t turned in your band trip payment #2, please do so as soon as possible. Also, the band trip group sign up is posted in the band room. Please read the sign up sheet for info on group sizes.
-Please turn your band trip permission slips in before the due date listed on the packet!
-Audition music for next years ensemble placements will be passed out by the end of the week. An audition date will be posted within the next few weeks. Practice practice practice!
-Please let me know if you have any questions!
Sorry for the prank! Happy Easter, happy April Fools! And see you all tomorrow!