Good morning band family and happy Sunday. I hope you are having a nice weekend. Awesome job on Friday night! Even though the game was cancelled, you still brought the house down and “saved the night” according to some of our administrators. Can’t wait to get into the stands again this Friday! Many many thanks to all of our amazing band parents for all they are doing! We all appreciate you always going above and beyond!! Now, here is this weeks schedule
- Tuesday’s practice will be extended to go from 2:30pm- 6:30pm. This is due to a very large of lost outside rehearsal time. There will be pizza provided after rehearsal!
- There will be no rehearsal or school on Thursday due to a school holiday.
- Friday’s game will be a big night for us! We will be in FULL UNIFORM for the first time in almost two years. If there are any parents who would be able to help with uniform distribution this week, please reach out to me! This will also be the return of Middle School Band Night! We are estimating having around 25 Southport students joining us for the game! A detailed itinerary will be posted tomorrow.
- Section leaders, please send me a completed list of all who have passed off #1 and # 2. Thanks to those who have done this already.
- Shoes will be here this week. Please make sure you have paid the $30 shoe fee if you have given me your size for new marching shoes!
- There will be a parent meeting next Tuesday, 9/21, from 6:30-7:30pm. This will be regarding a few things, including an end of the year trip we are planning. Please plan on attending if you can! Students are welcome.
- Keep up the great work and keep the momentum moving forward. Hard work will always pay off in the long run. Our first competition is ONLY 4 short weeks away on October 9th. I highly encourage you to look at the band calendar to understand what we have for the next few weeks. Attendance is crucial!
Thanks and have a great week!