Good after noon band family!
Here are some reminders for those of you participating in Solo and Ensemble tomorrow!
- Remember that the event is taking place at St. Lucie West centennial high school! The address is: 1485 SW Cashmere Blvd, Port St. Lucie, FL 34986
- Please make sure to arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes prior to your time. I would say 45 to make sure you have enough time to warm up and find your room, etc.
- Be sure to dress professionally. Sunday best! Gentleman please wear belts!! Black dress socks, and not wrinkly clothes! Ladies may wear dresses, skirts, or dress clothes, as long as they are school appropriate.
- Make sure to have all of your materials ready!! You need to have the original copy of your solo or the score to your ensemble with measures numbered ready for your judge. You will be reading off of a copy. Bring all materials you may need (valve oil, extra reeds, etc)
- VERY IMPORTANT - if you are being accompanied by our pianist, Ryan, please please bring $50 with you tomorrow. The money will go to me, and then I will pay him all together (remember, you are paying only half, and the band is paying the other half of the fee). It is vitally that you remember to pay him. Even if you decide to back out at the last minute (which do NOT do, you’ve come this far. Just go and get some feedback on your playing ), you’re still obligated to pay him for learning your music. He is a professional musician who accompanies a lot of students, and his time is valuable! Thank you for your prompt attention on this.
- Below you will find the schedule. Remember, solo and ensemble is designed to make you better musicians and to receive great feedback from qualified judges. It’s not all about ratings. You can do this! The entries with the red dots by them are students being accompanied by Ryan.