Good evening band! Congrats on making it to the last two days of school! You have all worked so hard and deserve some glorious summer time.
Here is the news for this week:
- Pit orchestra will rehearse Monday-Thursday from 6-10pm in the auditorium, and Saturday/Sunday from 12-7pm! It’s almost show time!
- Leadership training will be tomorrow and Tuesday from 12-2:30! This is required for all leadership and will be a lot of fun, as we have special guests coming in both days to share their knowledge!
- Percussion will have full rehearsal on Monday and Tuesday, from 2:30-4:30pm, and will be required to come to freshman mini camp on Wednesday-Friday, 10:00am-3:00pm.
-Freshman mini camp will be Wednesday through Friday! Leadership, full percussion, full guard, and new members will be required to be at this camp!
- Remember, your uniform, and instrument MUST be turned in by Tuesday. If these are not returned, you will be placed on the obligation list.
- Here is the link to pay band fees online 👍 Thanks to all who have made the first payment!
- Remember to clean your lockers before leaving school! Anything left in them this isn’t instrument related will be thrown away.
- DCI Orlando is on July 6th and a lot of top level drum corps will be in attendance. If we would like to go as a band, we need at least 20 students to go, not including chaperones. The cost of the trip would be $70 per person. This would cover the $50 ticket, and $20 for bus share. There is a sign up in the band room for interested students, 20 is the minimum, so we can take more. Payment would need to be turned in by the meet and greet on June 24th.
- Thanks for an amazing school year! This was the best one yet, and trust me when I say, next year will be even better! Our band staff met last night, and there is a lot of exciting things happening with our show, so stay tuned!
Let me me know if you have any questions. Happy summer!