Hello band family! Below you will find this weeks news updates! I’m hoping that we can finally get back on to a rhythm with the season and consistently rehearse and perform! Let’s hope the weather will cooperate with us. You all are doing so well on this VERY DIFFICULT marching show. I can’t wait to keep going!
- Marching rehearsal Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm. Also, we will have a make up rehearsal this Saturday from 6-9pm. Please remember that your water jugs are a required part of your uniform! You must keep track of them and bring them with you to rehearsal. This will be a red shirt rehearsal. Please remember to eat before!
- We have am Away football game THIS Friday VS. Westwood at Lawnwood stadium. The bands call time will be 4:00pm in the band room uniform. (Band under wear). An itinerary for the evening will be posted in the next few days.
- On Saturday night, we will need some band parents or other volunteers to help Paint our field props from 6-9pm while the band rehearses! We will be setting up tarps in the cafeteria and trying to paint all 36 of our 4’x4’ panels! Please message me if you are interested in helping. We will provide the paint, just bring your own rollers/brushes!
- Pass off #2 is due by the Friday. Please keep up with your pass Offs! This will only make your life easier as we approach the end of the first 9 weeks!
- We have enough people to go on the Atlanta Band trip! A payment schedule will be made available by the end of this week! This will be a very fun and exciting trip!
- Parents and students, please remember that attendance is VERY important at all rehearsals. The students are learning critical information each time we meet, and it makes it that much harder for the band to be the best we can be when we have a large number of absences. Please remember these rehearsals and performances are graded, and required as a member of the PSLHS band.
- We will be nominating 5 students who are either juniors or seniors to be selected for the Florida State University Tri State Band Festival Honor Band this December. If you would like to be selected to go, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Write a 5 paragraph essay on why you feel as if you should be selected for nomination, due Monday September 23rd.
- Have NEVER gone to Tri State
- Be able to pay the &250 participation fee.
Thank you all very much for your help and support! Please feel free to email me with any comments or questions!