Good evening band family! Congratulations again on a wonderful first game! I am excited for another week of progress before our next game this Friday! Here is the news for this week.
-Rehearsal on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm. Make sure we are hydrating and eating before the rehearsal!! Remember, you can always ask a band Mom for snacks before we go onto the field if you haven’t eaten yet.
- Our second home game will be this Friday! Itinerary will be the same as last game. Call time 5:30pm in show shirts, black shorts and marching shoes!
-There will be a pep rally on Friday during 6th period. Call time will be announced later.
- If you paid for new marching shoes and have not given me your size yet, please see me ASAP. I will be putting in another order so we can have them for the next game.
-We will be having a parent meeting this Tuesday at 6pm! All parents are encouraged to attend! We will be discussing committees, fundraising opportunities and many other things!
- The first pass off, which is the opener and fight song played/performed by memory is due by this Thursday. If you do not pass off by then, a 0 will be placed into the grade book until you pass off. Students have until the end of the 9 weeks to replace that 0! Students can pass off to myself, a section leader, or an executive leadership member.
- Remember, ALL forms are passed due (this includes the syllabus you received in class, and the band handbook agreement). If you do not have your medical, travel, and media release forms in by Tuesday, you will not be allowed to participate in anything band related until these are signed and turned in. We will have a Notary present at Tuesday’s meeting if this is an issue.
- Band fees are passed due. Please make sure you are caught up with your payments! Fees $175 for fees+ $25 for competition uniform. $30 for shoes if you need them. $10 for polo if you need it.
-Due to the wonderfully overwhelming response of volunteers wanting to be involved it is necessary to create a chaperone schedule(rotation) for football games/events. Parent's if you are interested in being able to chaperone these football games/events please take the time to look at your calender and the band calender and let Vicky Matthews know what events you are available to help with. Be prepared to provide this information at Tuesday nights meeting. While everyone is welcome to attend band events by purchasing tickets, only the scheduled approved chaperones/volunteers will be able to enter with the band. If you have questions feel free to contact Vicky Matthews at 772-209-8838 via text or call.
- Remember to keep practicing! Let’s make this the best band PSLHS has ever had! It’s up to YOU!