Happy first week of school, Marching Jags! I hope you've all had a wonderful summer and are excited to get back into the new school year! From the progress we've already made, it is sure to be an amazing year! Here is some news this week:
- We will have marching band rehearsal on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30pm - 5:00pm, and we WILL have rehearsal on Friday, from 6:00pm - 8:30pm. All rehearsals are a GRADE and are required by ALL members.
- The course syllabi will be reviewed in class on Monday and Tuesday. This will outline everything required for each specific class. The first assignment *test grade* will be to turn in the signed syllabus and signed band handbook verification by Friday, August 18th.
- Shoe sizes will also be measured in class this week. If you are getting new marching shoes, please be ready to have your sizes recorded! Band shoes will be ordered by the end of the week so we have them by our first game! If you have NOT paid for your shoes yet, PLEASE do so ASAP. $30 for those that need them.
- If you have not paid for your polo yet, please do so ASAP. Polos are going to be ordered by the end of the week. $10 for all students.
- We will be assigning lockers and locks to students this week (limited by instrument) as well. At the moment, locks are limited, so these will be assigned based on seniority until we get more locks. Until then, students can keep instruments secure in the instrument rooms, or take them home with them (if its their own instrument, or if its been checked out by Mr. Wiley with an instrument checkout form.)
- All Band Forms (Medical release, travel form, and media release) MUST be turned in by Friday, August 18th. If they are not, students will not be allowed to participate with the band until they are.
- Please remember to keep hydrating and staying active! Marching season is only beginning! Please refer to this website for any band information! If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com