Good evening band! Happy first day of school! I hope you’re excited for a new year! Here’s what to expect this week in band!
- Marching band rehearsal, Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:30pm. Bring a comfortable change of athletic clothing for rehearsal after school! Remember to hydrate always!
- We will be having our first pep rally and home football game this Friday! The pep rally will be during 7th period and the football game Itinerary will be posted tomorrow! Attire will be announced during classes.
- Remember that rehearsals and performances (pep rallies, games, etc.) are a required part of our curriculum and is graded on attendance! This will all be covered when we go over class room syllabi during your classes!
- We will be participating in the 59 minute fundraiser this Tuesday at marching practice! Please remember to fill out the “supporters list” and have by your first band class with me! It’s super simple and it helps out your band trumendously!
-Your first marching music pass off will be discussed in your classes as well! These pass offs will occur throughout the 9 weeks and could as your test grades! But DONT WORRY, if you’re participating and playing your part as a great band member, these will be no problem! 👍
- Marching shoe sizes will be taken tomorrow and Tuesday in class. Please make sure you get measured if you paid for marching shoes this year!
Get some rest tonight and have a wonderful first day! I’m glad that most of you have already developed such great friendships before the school year has even started. This is one of the many great things about high school band!