Good evening everyone! Congratulations to all again on an awesome school year! I can’t wait to take it even further next year! Thanks again to all who helped with banquet, and I hope that everyone had a wonderful time! As the year comes to a close, there are a few things we need to do to wrap up some lose ends as we gear up for next year.
- Pit rehearsal Monday and Wednesday from 6-9pm.
- There will be a mandatory leadership meeting on Tuesday from 2-3pm for all leadership members. Immediately following this meeting, Current Wind Ensemble students and only those who are filling in for seniors will have a short graduation rehearsal from 3-4pm. This is to ensure we are ready for our graduation performance on Thursday.
- Graduation is on Thursday, and students will be riding a bus from PSLHS at 1:30pm. This means that all students performing should be in the band room by 1:15pm on Thursday. An itinerary for this will be posted by tomorrow.
- The Port St. Lucie High School Colorguard will be holding clinics and auditions for next fall’s colorguard. If you are interested in learning how to spin flags, rifles, and sabers please join us on Saturday May 25th and Monday May 27th from 8am to 2pm. No prior experience is necessary. All basic skills needed for auditioning will be taught at these clinics. Please see your home room teacher for a flyer or contact the band director, Mr. Wiley for more information.
- Students are to return all school owned instruments and u uniforms by May 30th (next Thursday). Students may recheck our their instruments for the summer, but you must do so with Mr. Wiley. Uniforms are to be cleaned, and neatly put onto hangers before returning to the CURRENT uniform managers.
- The first recommended band fee payment date of $50 per student is on May 31st (please refer to my prior news posts if you missed the break down of band fee costs). We are doing payments over the course of the summer in an attempt to alleviate some financial burdens on families. Of course students can pay their entire fee ($200) at once by the deadline of August 2nd. Also, we will be accepting card for this payments, and it’s super easy! All you have to do is click the following link and follow the basic steps and the fees will automatically be put into the band account!
Thank you and please let me know if you have any questions!