Good evening band family. Below you will find the news for this week! I will be out from school tomorrow and Wednesday due to required teacher training I have to attend.... I apologize for having to miss! Plans will be with the sub and leadership students.
- Wind Ensemble rehearsal on Tuesday from 2:30-4:00pm
- The drum major help session will be postponed until next Monday.
- Winterguard will have practice on Thursday of this week.
- If you didn’t pay your Busch gardens fee, that is okay! This fee can be paid anytime by the deadline on April 27th!
- We will be sighning up for Busch gardens groups within the next two weeks.
- Wind ensemble and jazz band audition material will be made available by the end of this week!
- Please pay attention to the calander for the rest of the year!
- I put out a post about band fees yesterday but I will copy it here as well:
“Good morning band family! Happy Saturday! I wanted to share some information with you early as we are all preparing for the summer and some much needed time off! But it’s never too early to think ahead!
As we all know, next year we will have a lot of exciting new things with the band! New uniforms, new instruments, and an AWESOME new show. Can’t wait for you all to know!
I wanted to give you all some information regarding next years band fees (as always, I wish we didn’t have to charge any fees, but that is just impossible if we want to keep heading towards our goal of being the best band around...). The fee next year will be going up by $25, equaling to a total of $200 per student. BUT, it will actually come out to be less for you all because this fee will include, but not limited to, a brand new style of band polo, brand new uniform black gym shorts, the complimentary show shirt, a water jug ready at band camp, and some other small band merchandise!! (All of these things would have been separate purchases in the past, bringing the band fee OVER $200.
ALSO, I am setting up some payment dates for families so we can eliminate the burden of paying all at on time. The dates will be as follows:
May 31st: $50
June 24th (band meet and greet): $100
August 2nd (LAST day of band camp): $50
Lastly, for families with multiple children in band, there will be deals for you! For example:
2 students in band: $300
3 students in band: $400
4 students in band: $500
I hope this helps some of you! Like I said, I hate band fees, but unfortunately they are vital....
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions!
Thanks and have a great weekend!”
Please let me know if you have any questions!