Good evening band! Here is the news for this week!
- Color Guard will have practice on Monday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm! This is the last week before state so please be present and on time!
-Percussion rehearsal on Tuesday from 3:00-4:15pm with Mr. Cromer
- Tuesday night will be MIOS rehearsal at Centennial High School from 5-8:00pm. You will need your own stand and are responsible for your own rides to this rehearsal.
- Wednesday there is MIOS rehearsal all day at the Fenn center. We will meet in the band room in the morning by 8:30am to load the bus. Rehearsal goes until 5:15pm. Students will need to bring money for lunch from concessions or bring their own lunch. All MIOS students will be excused from school all day on Wednesday. We will hopefully be back at pslhs by 5:45pm so MIOS students can participate in the freshman open house peformance from 5:45-6:00pm at psl.
- Wednesday at 5:45pm, the band will be playing for the freshman open house. This performance will be over by 6:00pm. Call time will be at 5:30 in the band room. There will be an adult in the band room in case I am not back in time from MIOS. Students will need to wear their black show shirts and jeans to this performance. Once the performance is over, we will need a few students to help out at the band table to pass out information and answer questions to incoming freshman! If you’re not staying to help, you can leave at the conclusion of the peformance. Executive leadership is required to stay.
- Thursday night is the MIOS Honor Band Concert at the Fenn center. It is free and open to the public. The doors open at 6pm. Participants will learn their call time from their clinician.
- Saturday is the St Patrick’s day parade at the civic center. The parade begins at 11am so the bands call time will be 10:00am near our normal meeting spot by Bealls Outlet. Look for the trailer! Polos and jeans will be the attire! Feel free to wear festive green accessories!
- March 20th is State Solo and Ensemble for Jazz Band, Percussion Ensemble and Winter Guard. An itinerary will be posted this week.
Please let me know if you have any questions!