Hello band family! Happy Presidents’ Day. I hope you are enjoying your day off. Exciting times are to come! Lots of information to go over, so please read carefully!
- Symphonic band rehearsal on Tuesday- 2:15-4:00pm.
- Winter guard practice Tuesday and Friday from 2:30-5:00pm.
- Pre -MPA is THIS Thursday! Exciting news, we will be able to take a bus to treasure coast and back, unlike last year. Students will wear their performance concert black. Call time will be 6th period in the band room for all symphonic and wind ensemble members. The performance times are as follows: symphonic band - 3:15pm, Wind ensemble- 4:30pm. We will be leaving treasure coast by 5:30pm! Please remember this is a graded performance!
- This weekend is our concert band mini camp for both ensembles! Symphonic band will rehearse on Friday from 3:00pm-7:00pm with Dr. Crocco. Wind ensemble will rehearse on Saturday from 10:00am-3:00pm (lunch provided) with Mr. Lunceford! These will be fun and informative rehearsals to help us be successful at MPA in a few weeks!
- Friday night, we will be hosting our “Band Movie Night” starting at 7:30pm after the symphonic band rehearsal! If you wish to come, please pay $5 by Thursday to reserve your spot! This will include pizza, drinks, and snacks. The movie will be announced tomorrow!
- Next Monday, the 24th, we will be participating in our annual Southport recruitment concert! We will be taking buses there and back! More information will be posted this week.
- State Solo and Ensemble will be on March 19th. (This is during spring break). We are planning on taking a charter bus to this event at Freedom High School in Orlando. In order to help with the cost, we are asking for a $25 bus fee from each student to cover travel. This will be due by March 6th.
- We will be picking room mates for the Atlanta band trip THIS WEEK. We will also be passing out permission slips. The trip is getting closer and closer! About two months away. Please remember, you must be fully paid off by the last payment date of April 3rd! $650 per person. Please email me if you need to know your balance!