Hello band family! I hope you’ve had a relaxing weekend! Let’s give congratulations to the jazz band on a great performance this past Saturday at the St. Lucie County School Board’s annual “Night of the Stars” banquet! I have had several principals and other teachers tell me how great they sounded!
Here is what to look out for in the coming days and weeks.
- Symphonic band rehearsal on Tuesday after school from 2:30-4:00pm.
- Color Guard practice on Monday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm.
- Wind ensemble will be after school on Thursday from 2:00pm-4:00pm. We will be having a guest clinician; Mr. Patrick, band director at Martin County High School, there to help us out as we prepare for MPA.
- There is a band parent banquet meeting this Tuesday from 6:30-7:30pm. This meeting will be in the cafeteria.
- Next Week, on Thursday the 21st, the Symphonic band and wind ensemble will be performing for the Concert Band Pre-MPA at Treasure Coast High School. Students will be taking a bus there, but must find a ride home from Treasure Coast because we can not get a bus during school transit times.
- On Monday the 25th, students will travel to Southport Middle School to perform for their 8th grade class! This is an annual event for the Marching Jags that really helps generate interest in our program! This is a big reason why the band has grown in the last few years! More info will be posted early this week on this event.
- We will be having a band family “Taco Tuesday” Dinner Concert on Tuesday the 26th! This is where students from the jazz band and concert bands will perform their MPA music for you in a relaxed, friendly environment before we have a fun band family dinner! Comfortable clothing is highly encouraged!
- Concert MPA is on Saturday March 2nd at Treasure Coast High School. An itinerary will be later published for this.
- Magic Kingdom band trip “commitment payment” due! $40 is mandatory to ensure you are going on the trip! If you don’t pay, I’m assuming you do not want to go.
- State MPA is March 20th at Seminole High School. A schedule has not been published for this event. The jazz band, Percussion ensemble, Winter Guard, and qualified solos will be performing. We are planning to take a charter bus, which will be $20 per student. Students will NOT have to pay entry fees for this event. This is happening during our spring break on a Wednesday.
- Please let me know if you have any questions!