Hello all, it is that time of year again! Football season! We just had a meeting at the high school this week involving myself, the coaches, ROTC, cheerleading, the athletic director, administrators, and gate tenders. It is expected that EVERYONE follows these procedures to ensure consistency and safety for all of our students and parents. Thanks for your cooperation on this matter!
- Students May stay after school until games, but must be accounted for by their club sponsor, coach, or teacher. There will be no wondering around the school. For us, we will stay in the band room, or band hallway. If you need to go to the bathroom or to change, you will need to ask and have a leadership member accompany you. This is to avoid roaming.
- EVERYONE will have to park in the student parking lot. Admin was very persistent on this, so we will follow. The gates to the back of the school will be locked after school. If parent chaperones need to drop off any items such as water, or other donations, we can let you in behind the school before 4:30pm, but will then have to move vehicles to the student parking lot.
- Students being dropped off for games at our 5:00pm call time will have to be dropped off in the student parking lot. They assured me the gates by the H building will be open to avoid students having to walk all the way around the school.
- Parents who are chaperoning will have to arrive before 6pm to get their badges in the band room. If you are going to be arriving at 6 or after, you will HAVE to already have your badge at the ticket booth in order to get in without paying. If you show up without your badge after 6, you will have to pay to get into the game, or you could have someone bring it to you outside the gate. The gate tenders will not allow anyone in the game for free without a badge. They get there at 6, so it’s best to arrive before then if you are chaperoning.
- All students will need to be picked up promptly after the game in the student parking lot. This was a request by law enforcement.
Thanks and I know we will have a great season! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!