Good morning band family and happy 4th of July! I hope you will have the absolute best day with the ones you care about most! Today also as TWO WEEKS before band camp, beginning on July 18th at 9am! I just wanted to give a few reminders for you all as we close the gap to camp!
- Hydrate!!! Drink water every day to make sure you are filled with plenty of fluids, that way your body isn’t shocked!
- Get outside everyday and get used to the heat! Going for a bike ride, a walk, playing sports, etc, will be greatly beneficial! Start now if you haven’t :)
- Attempt to get your sleep schedule on track….. lol! If you have been going to sleep at 3am and waking up at 1pm, it may be a good idea to try and get on a more “normal” schedule! We will begin at 9am sharp on July 18th!
- PRACTICE YOUR INSTRUMENTS! Trust me on this one…..
- Begin creating a mental checklist of things you’ll need for camp. Appropriate, light colored, athletic clothing, supportive athletic shoes, food for your lunches, red half gallon or gallon water jug, sunscreen, etc.
- Parents, please remember that if you’d like to help with the band this season, we will need you to complete the short and easy volunteer application on the st lucie schools website! Just google st lucie county school volunteers and it’ll be the first link.
- Also, the band is always accepting donations of gallon water jugs, water bottles, salty snacks, fruit gummies, sunscreen, etc if you feel so inclined! Thanks in advance!!
- Don’t forget the three forms (posted one before this one on the website) and $150 band fee are due July 18th, or asap.
- Students, if you haven’t already, please let me know your shirt size at the following link! Also any NON band STUDENTS who would like either a show shirt or polo, please indicate your size, name, and which one you’d like on the same link. They are $15 a piece for anyone who isn’t a current student.
Thats it for now! Thank you very much and I CANT WAIT to get this season started! Enjoy the rest of your summer break and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions!