Good morning all. Below you will find the schedule for our first competition of the year! Crown jewel! Students will need to be promptly on time at 8:30AM in the show shirt and show shorts! We will be changing into uniform before we leave the school. Students will need to bring money for Dinner ($10 recommended). Lunch will be given to students upon arrival at VBHS. This will cost $5 a student. We will be pre ordering meals, so students should let Mr. Wiley know what they want today or tomorrow. Options will be gone over in class. Payment is due by Friday. Students may also bring their own lunch/dinner.
- 8:30am: call time in band room
- 8:40am; transition to field for quick warm up/run through(no pit/props)
- 9:20am: transition back to band room/set instruments out to be loaded
- 9:45am: load truck/bus
- 10:00am: depart pslhs
-11:00am: arrive at Vero Beach High School/eat lunch/unload truck and trailer.
-11:30am: Set up instruments/props
-12:00pm: All dressed
- 12:20pm: Head to warm up area
- 12:40pm: Warm up
- 1:10pm: leave warm up area
- 1:40pm: transition back to bus, put away instruments/set props aside/water and bathroom break.
-2:20pm: transition back to stadium for last few bands/awards
IF WE MAKE FINALS:
Depending on our finals performance time, we will either load the buses and head to the Indian river mall for dinner, or stay and eat dinner at the concessions stand. It all depends if we have enough time.
- 5:00pm: dinner
-tba: finals warm up time
-tba: finals performance
-11:00pm: load truck/buses
- 11;30pm: depart VBHS
- 12;30am: arrival at pslhs/unload and dismiss
If we DON’T make finals
- 4:30pm: load truck/trailer
-5:00pm: depart VBHS
-6:00pm: arrive at pslhs/unload and dismiss.
This could be the longest band day of the entire year if we make finals. It’s also one of the most exciting days! I can’t wait for you all to experience it! Please remember to practice!!