Hello band family! I hope this post finds you feeling recharged after the school years first weekend! I’m looking forward to getting back to it tomorrow with you all! Here is what to expect.
- Marching rehearsal will be on a Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm, per usual. We will also be having a rehearsal this Friday evening from 6-9pm. This rehearsal has been on the calendar, it was not added, but it is definitely important considering all the time we’ve lost outside to rain. Students may stay after school until the start of this rehearsal on Friday, and should wear a red shirt!
- We will be having our first Band parent informational meeting this Tuesday at 6pm! All band parents are welcomed and encouraged to attend!
- Pass off #1 is due by this Friday. Information on the pass offs are on the board, but I will put it here as well:
Winds - Opener, Line 10 articulation exercise, flexibility #1, and Abide with me.
Percussion- Opener, line 10, 8 to 2, and Lord of the hands
Guard - Opener and flag warm up
Please remember that pass offs are to be played by memory, and can be played for section leaders, executive leadership, or Mr. Wiley. These are graded on a pass fail basis. Students will have until the end of the 1st 9 weeks to finish the pass off, but will go into the grade book as a 0 if not completed by this Friday.
- The deadline to sell Fall Sports Program ads is this Friday! Remember to have businesses make checks out to PSLHS band and to submit a physical copy of the ad, or email a jpeg of the ad to Mr. Wiley! As of Sunday afternoon, the only specialty ads sold are the back cover and center spread. All other specialty ads are available! 20% of ad sales go into the student who sold them’s band account.
- The commitment payment for the Atlanta Band trip is next Friday the 30th. This is $40 per person. We will need at least 35 people total to go on the trip to make it cost effective. If we do not have enough people, the commitment payment will be refunded.
Thanks and please email me if you have any questions!