Good morning band family and happy Labor Day! I hope you had a wonderful long weekend and are getting some well deserved rest. I know things are picking up in the school year, and it is no difference for band! We are officially moving into peak of marching season, which means it’s time to GET IT DONE! Let’s remain incredibly focused and determined over these next several weeks, and we will accomplish amazing things!
- We will have normally scheduled marching rehearsals on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-5:00pm! Please be in time, with all materials, including your water jugs. If you have not, you should make arrangements to purchase red and white half gallon water jug from Walmart or online.
- We also will be having a continuity rehearsal on Friday from 6-9pm this Friday! All students should wear a mostly plain white shirt to this rehearsal so we can see formations vividly on the field. students can stay after school until this rehearsal.
- This Friday is also the due date for pass off #2! This goes through the ballad (measure 177). Please pass off with either a section leader, executive leadership member, or Mr. Wiley to earn your test credit.
- Next Friday, 9/16, we will be having our MINI CAMP rehearsal!! This goes from 2:30pm- 9:00pm! We will have a dinner break (provided by the band) as well as a special surprise treat :) we are going to plan to get a TON of work done, so make sure you are there!
- Please remember our attendance policy! Each student is allowed 2 unexcused absences for the duration of the season. These will go as a 0 in the grade book. If a 3rd is used, the student will br pulled from whatever the next performance is. Students get UNLIMITED excused absences, but these need to be cleared with Mr. Wiley before the rehearsal. Band is an activity with no substitutes! Each member is vastly important, you do not have a back up :)
- Check out our band calendar on this website for the remainder of marching season dates!
- Thank you so much for all you have done, especially to all our awesome band parents who continue to go out of their way to ensure these students are successful! Please reach out with any questions!