Good morning band FAMILY! Hope you are enjoying your day off, and I hope you spend some time practicing what you can do better for the show. You don't need an instrument to practice your step offs/visuals with a recording.
I am so proud of you for your performance at the showcase. You really brought the energy and excited the crowd. I am STILL getting compliments from people. Obviously it isn't perfect, and there is still a lot we can improve on. But this is a great starting point for our major performances, and you should feel good about your work.
- Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal 2:30-5:30. Please be on time and attentive. We will be making some slight changes/additions to the show that will take it to the next level.
- Home Football Game this Friday. Call time will be the same as usual. 5:00pm for leadership and 5:15 for everyone else.
- This week we will be voting for the two band students (1 male, 1 female) that will represent us on the homecoming court. 10/29 will be the homecoming game, and also alumni night. Stay tuned for more info regarding all of the homecoming festivities.
This Saturday is crown Jewel! You will find all of the info you need for this event.
- Call time for Crown Jewel will be 10:30am at PSLHS. Please arrive by this time in your band under-wear (show shirt, black shorts, black socks, and marching shoes). Bring your uniform with you HUNG UP in your garment bags. You will need to EAT before you come. The band will be providing snacks once we get to Vero, but we won't be eating until after our performance ends at 4:30pm and we pack up our equipment. We will be eating around 5:15pm.
- VERY IMPORTANT
Just like for Showcase, Crown Jewel will be offering pre order meals. Please answer this survey by the end of the day TODAY.
- if you would like to purchase tickets for this event, you can purchase them at the following link. Adults are $14 each, children 6-18 are $6 each, and children 5 and under are free.
The day's schedule is listed below:
10:30am - call time for all students at PSLHS
11:00am- continuity rehearsal/warm up
12:15pm - transition to band room
12:30pm - senior stories in auditorium
1:00pm - begin loading trailers/buses
1:30pm - depart PSLHS
2:30pm - Arrive at VBHS/ bathroom break and unload
3:25pm - transition to warm up
3:50pm - begin warm up
4:20pm - performance time
4:30pm - transition to lot to take off uniform/load trucks
5:15pm - Shady chill time
6:00pm - dinner break (answer survey today, Monday, Oct. 11th)
6:45pm - transition to stands
7:00pm - watch bands
9:15pm - load buses and depart
10:15pm - arrive at PSLHS and unload/announcements
10:30pm - dismissal